ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early 2022 Class Rankings

BUT, the cupboard is not bare. They’re returning probably the most athletic player in the conference in Heston Miller. He’s 6’2 190lbs and ran a 4.35 40-yard dash this summer and an 11.1 in the 100m last year as a soph.
200.gif

Reactions: TadQueasy
For Class 5 Webb is the obvious favorite and I would still give Jackson a decent shot right behind them even though they lose a decent amount of linemen plus their quarterback and best wide receiver. Holt loses a ton and MICDS is just not ready to be this high up the totem pole in Class 5 yet. Carthage will be fine with Gall coming back as will Fort Osage. If Eureka is still in Class 5 then they should be a top 5 team with most of their line offensive line and Kevin Emmanuel coming back. I also wouldn't count out Fort Zumwalt North and Ladue who have been mainstay threats in Class 4-5 for years now. Lastly, Rockwood Summit should return and rebuild a decent amount after winning districts.

Class 1
1. East Buchanan
2. Hayti
3. Windsor
4. Mid-Buchanan
5. Monroe City

Class 2
1. Lamar
2. Bowling Green
3. Richmond
4. Hallsville
5. Lafayette County

Class 3
1. St Pius X (KCity)
2. Lutheran St Charles
3. Cardinal Ritter
4. Valle Catholic
5. Blair Oaks

Class 4
1. St Mary's
2. Smithville
3. Lincoln College Prep
4. West Plains
5. Hannibal

Class 5
1. Webb City
2. Carthage
3. Holt
4. Jackson
5. MICDS

Class 6
1. CBC
2. Lee Summit North
3. Liberty North
4. DeSmet
5. Joplin
Are these still the top5 teams in each class or has something changed over the winter?

For Class 5 Webb is the obvious favorite and I would still give Jackson a decent shot right behind them even though they lose a decent amount of linemen plus their quarterback and best wide receiver. Holt loses a ton and MICDS is just not ready to be this high up the totem pole in Class 5 yet. Carthage will be fine with Gall coming back as will Fort Osage. If Eureka is still in Class 5 then they should be a top 5 team with most of their line offensive line and Kevin Emmanuel coming back. I also wouldn't count out Fort Zumwalt North and Ladue who have been mainstay threats in Class 4-5 for years now. Lastly, Rockwood Summit should return and rebuild a decent amount after winning districts.
If numbers are close as what’s on DESE then Eureka stays class 5, and it looks like Rockwood Summit may drop to class 4. If so I would think they would be top there.

Also Blair Oaks looks as if it might drop to class 2.

Class 1
1. East Buchanan
2. Hayti
3. Windsor
4. Mid-Buchanan
5. Monroe City

Class 2
1. Lamar
2. Bowling Green
3. Richmond
4. Hallsville
5. Lafayette County

Class 3
1. St Pius X (KCity)
2. Lutheran St Charles
3. Cardinal Ritter
4. Valle Catholic
5. Blair Oaks

Class 4
1. St Mary's
2. Smithville
3. Lincoln College Prep
4. West Plains
5. Hannibal

Class 5
1. Webb City
2. Carthage
3. Holt
4. Jackson
5. MICDS

Class 6
1. CBC
2. Lee Summit North
3. Liberty North
4. DeSmet
5. Joplin
2022 Liberty North feels, to me, a LOT like 2020 Ray-Pec. Not saying they will topple CBC but lots of players got valuable experience last year. They won't, in my opinion, really feel the loss of Jones for a couple of years maybe more. He beyond left a full plate...........

No love at all for Troy Buchanan? They return three all-staters.

Class-6 2021 semi-finalist Troy returns every offensive skill kid except for one WR on offense and three of the five O-Linemen upfront. This includes an all-state QB/Athlete who threw for 2,000 and rushed for 1,000.

On defense, they return an all-state (Mizzou commit) DE plus an all-state LB'er and Safety. They also return four other players who started on defense including an all-conference/all-district CB.

They have had 135 players showing up regularly three days per week for 5:45 am weights...the Trojans may need to a least be on the radar.

No love at all for Troy Buchanan? They return three all-staters.

Class-6 2021 semi-finalist Troy returns every offensive skill kid except for one WR on offense and three of the five O-Linemen upfront. This includes an all-state QB/Athlete who threw for 2,000 and rushed for 1,000.

On defense, they return an all-state (Mizzou commit) DE plus an all-state LB'er and Safety. They also return four other players who started on defense including an all-conference/all-district CB.

They have had 135 players showing up regularly three days per week for 5:45 am weights...the Trojans may need to a least be on the radar.
That QB was absolutely dazzling in the Liberty North semifinal. Hard to imagine how good he will be this fall.

Class 5 KC metro another one I'd keep eyes on is GRAIN VALLEY.

I think Fort and GV are developing a nice little rivalry. Fort has a nice mix of returning talent and young players that look to be ready to step up and be a factor. It'll also be interesting to see how Raytown does with Minnick having moved on.

I think Fort, GV, Platte County, NKC and Staley will make for an interesting C5 out of KC.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I think Fort and GV are developing a nice little rivalry. Fort has a nice mix of returning talent and young players that look to be ready to step up and be a factor. It'll also be interesting to see how Raytown does with Minnick having moved on.

I think Fort, GV, Platte County, NKC and Staley will make for an interesting C5 out of KC.
Who replaced Logan at Raytown?

Hannibal will be a tough game for any opponent and Aneyas Williams is a STUD! Classic size difference aside...Troy will have to be ready and play really, really well to win that game!
As will they against Troy. Williams is incredible, but they're going to need other help to beat a team like the Trojans instead of one guy. I kept hearing last year how Hannibal had an average o-line and Williams bailed them out all the time, but I could be mistaken... I sense it'll be a high scoring game.

Where is Troy Buchanan? What Class is Lutheran North in, they will be at least a top 5

As will they against Troy. Williams is incredible, but they're going to need other help to beat a team like the Trojans instead of one guy. I kept hearing last year how Hannibal had an average o-line and Williams bailed them out all the time, but I could be mistaken... I sense it'll be a high scoring game.
Smithville was all over that line so would tend to agree.

Lutheran North graduated their top three scorers from a team with just two wins in 2021 over opponents with winning records.

Some observations from CMU team camp.

One can understand what must have been immense frustration on the part of Liberty North, in their inability to score on Kearney and also their inability to prevent K from moving the ball and scoring as well. In the encounter, LN scored one TD, as did Kearney on them. The frustration of LN then bubbled over into a late hit and helmet stripping incident, which prompted the end of the scrimmage. I do believe pushing a player backwards and ripping off their helmet is illegal, especially 5 seconds after the blow of the whistle in what was allegedly a "thud" contest. That being said, I would judge the overall best team present to be Troy, but just barely over Kearney. Kudos to Macon as well. Good show.

Last edited:

One can understand what must have been immense frustration on the part of Liberty North, in their inability to score on Kearney and also their inability to prevent K from moving the ball and scoring as well. In the encounter, LN scored one TD, as did Kearney on them. The frustration of LN then bubbled over into a late hit and helmet stripping incident, which prompted the end of the scrimmage. I do believe pushing a player backwards and ripping off their helmet is illegal, especially 5 seconds after the blow of the whistle in what was allegedly a "thud" contest. That being said, I would judge the overall best team present to be Troy, but just barely. Kudos to Macon as well. Good show.
So was Macon the 2nd best team or just a good showing against bigger schools? Linear is a really good QB that is for sure.

One can understand what must have been immense frustration on the part of Liberty North, in their inability to score on Kearney and also their inability to prevent K from moving the ball and scoring as well. In the encounter, LN scored one TD, as did Kearney on them. The frustration of LN then bubbled over into a late hit and helmet stripping incident, which prompted the end of the scrimmage. I do believe pushing a player backwards and ripping off their helmet is illegal, especially 5 seconds after the blow of the whistle in what was allegedly a "thud" contest. That being said, I would judge the overall best team present to be Troy, but just barely. Kudos to Macon as well. Good show.
I expect (vast) improvement in KTown almost right away. Year 1 may not show so much in the overall record (Jones was 6-4 in 2006 but the second half of that year one you could tell good things were coming) but there is talent to burn coming through the ranks here.

I expect (vast) improvement in KTown almost right away. Year 1 may not show so much in the overall record (Jones was 6-4 in 2006 but the second half of that year one you could tell good things were coming) but there is talent to burn coming through the ranks here.
Well, Kearney played even with Troy. Slight edge to Troy. They broke even with Liberty North. Slight edge to Kearney. After that, Kearney walloped every other Class 6 and 5 school they played with the starters, by 4-5 TDs to 1 at UCM in scrimmages. The vast improvement you are looking for has arrived.

Last edited:
Well, Kearney played even with Troy. Slight edge to Troy. They broke even with Liberty North. Slight edge to Kearney. After that, Kearney walloped every other Class 6 and 5 school they played with the starters, by 4-5 TDs to 1 at UCM in scrimmages. The vast improvement you are looking for has arrived.
Thanks for the info! 100 percent heading to Platte City opening night cannot wait!

Thanks for the info! 100 percent heading to Platte City opening night cannot wait!

Kearney tied with Troy - 5 TDs to 5 TDs, and moved the ball pretty easily, often getting 10 yards or more. However, it was a thud game - so the big runners all would have had more yards in a game.

Just to confirm you all are talking about the Central Methodist camp, correct?

Class 4
1. Hannibal
2. St. Mary's
3. West Plains
4. Smithville
5. Kearney

Class 5
1. Webb City
2. Carthage
3. Jackson
4. MICDS
5. Fort Osage

Class 6
1. CBC
2. Lee Summit North
3. DeSmet
4. Joplin
5. Liberty North

Is West Plains going to be that good? I know there is talent coming back, but still a lot to replace and a new staff..

Class 4
1. Hannibal
2. St. Mary's
3. West Plains
4. Smithville
5. Kearney

Class 5
1. Webb City
2. Carthage
3. Jackson
4. MICDS
5. Fort Osage

Class 6
1. CBC
2. Lee Summit North
3. DeSmet
4. Joplin
5. Liberty North
I think LN will be in the mix for sure and was probably better served at 3 for now. They are replacing the entire offensive line, but as some have mentioned, Jones left the cupboard full and a large number of skill positions return on offense and defense for a team that rolled through 6 in MO and fell short in the title game. I do wonder how the QB will operate under a bit more pressure similar to the championship game and may cause more pressure on that defense than last year.

Is West Plains going to be that good? I know there is talent coming back, but still a lot to replace and a new staff..
They will not be top 3 in the state. They will take a couple steps back. But there is talent there and their new coach is a good one. But lots of variables at play. That will be one of the most interesting questions as we move into the season.

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT