Ozark Mountain Conference Predictions

1. Branson

2./3./4.
Bolivar/Hillcrest/West Plains = in no particular order

5. Carl Junction

6. Rogersville

7. Marshfield
Mr-T-pain.jpg

CJs offense should be better than last year as they will have a QB who can throw the ball. The defense will be worse unless there are some freshman that are ready.

Broke Back Mountain Conference Lol
1 Branson (by far the biggest and best team)
2 Carl Junction
3 Bolivar
4 West Plains
5 Hillcrest
6 Log Rog
7 Marshfield

Broke Back Mountain Conference Lol
1 Branson (by far the biggest and best team)
2 Carl Junction
3 Bolivar
4 West Plains
5 Hillcrest
6 Log Rog
7 Marshfield

I don’t think even AC would pick CJ to finish 2nd this year and he’s a CJ guy lol

I will say, 2nd-5th should be a pretty close race, but I’m basing my picks off of the fact that Hillcrest was extremely junior heavy and return 9 on both sides of the ball, and that AC said their freshman class at CJ will be better than the upperclassmen.

I don’t think even AC would pick CJ to finish 2nd this year and he’s a CJ guy lol

I will say, 2nd-5th should be a pretty close race, but I’m basing my picks off of the fact that Hillcrest was extremely junior heavy and return 9 on both sides of the ball, and that AC said their freshman class at CJ will be better than the upperclassmen.
The LaSalle train will be running down that track.

The 2024 CJ freshman went 11-1 in junior high against a COC schedule. It is just a question of how quickly they can contribute at the varsity level. The class behind them (2025 freshman) went 6-0 last year against a COC schedule.

can we see some 6th grade highlight videos? That's when we'll know they're legit.
Weird thing is the 2024 freshman have always been good but the 2025 freshman I don't remember being anything other than average in youth football so their performance was a big surprise.

I don't know about Hillcrest. They were pretty bad last year. They only beat Parkview and Rogersville and that game was close.

Weird thing is the 2024 freshman have always been good but the 2025 freshman I don't remember being anything other than average in youth football so their performance was a big surprise.
How many youth teams do they have there per 'grade level'?

I don't know about Hillcrest. They were pretty bad last year. They only beat Parkview and Rogersville and that game was close.
I believe all their skill players are returning and most including the QB will be 3 year starters with their 2nd year under the new head coach who came from Republic.
I think they graduate maybe a TE and a 2-way lineman and that’s it.

I’m not saying their going to blow anyone’s doors off, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think they will go 4-3 in conference, maybe 5-2. Just depends.
Either way, I think the hornets will surprise some folks. Even a 5-4 regular season would be good to see.

But after this fall, as far as football goes, Hillcrest and Marshfield will be the cellar dwellers for a few years at least.

Well, its such a weak conference its really hard to pick. Plus most of these teams have not played each other much coming from 3 separate conferences

Reactions: Veer2Eternity
Well, its such a weak conference its really hard to pick. Plus most of these teams have not played each other much coming from 3 separate conferences
Such a weak conference compared to the new COC?
The COC is all Class 5 and Class 6 schools

The OMC is all Class 4 except Branson. WP might barely make the cutoff for Class 5 this year. Time will tell.
So based on the fact that most of their enrollments are half of a lot of the new COC schools, they should be weaker teams. 🤷🏽‍♂️

The entire point of this league is these schools are too small for the COC.

Marshfield is going to be really bad for a long time, our Freshmen crushed them!! .

Marshfield should of went to the Mid Lakes with Hollister and Reeds

I know that’s a Class 2/3 conference, but other than maybe 2 years in the last 20 or so, Marshfield has not been good.

Marshfield should of went to the Mid Lakes with Hollister and Reeds

I know that’s a Class 2/3 conference, but other than maybe 2 years in the last 20 or so, Marshfield has not been good.
Yeah and if you look at Log Rog the few years leading up to and their state title year they have never really been that good either in football. Those two schools should make that a legit Basketball conference, Well Marshfield is getting really good at wrestling also.

Such a weak conference compared to the new COC?
The COC is all Class 5 and Class 6 schools

The OMC is all Class 4 except Branson. WP might barely make the cutoff for Class 5 this year. Time will tell.
So based on the fact that most of their enrollments are half of a lot of the new COC schools, they should be weaker teams. 🤷🏽‍♂️
I said nothing about the COC. Fact is that with the exception of a year here or there, none of these teams have been very relevant when it comes to football.

I said nothing about the COC. Fact is that with the exception of a year here or there, none of these teams have been very relevant when it comes to football.

What is your definition of relevance? Are you only relevant if you’re competing for a state title year in and year out? Because very few schools make that list.
Half the teams in the OMC have had their runs, just like the teams in any other conference. Here are a few.

West Plains
2014: 8-3 Conference Co-Champs
2015: 10-2 Lost to Webb in District Champ.
2016: 5-6
2017: 8-3
2018: 12-1 Conf. Champ/Dist Champ/Lost to state champs(Ladue) in QF
2019: 9-2
2020: 10-2 Conf. Champ/Dist Champ/ Lost to state champ(Helias) by 6 in QF
2021: 10-2 Dist Champ/ lost to state runner up(Hannibal) by 9 in QF
2022: 9-4 Dist Champ/ lost in Semis to State Runnerup
81-25 (9 years)

Carl Junction
2013: 10-2 Lost to State Champ in Dist Champ
2014: 11-1 Lost to State Champ is Dist Champ
2015: 9-2 Lost to State RunnerUp in Districts
2016: 9-3 Beat Webb in Regular season and lost to Webb in District Champ, finished 3rd in COC in their first season in conference
2017: 10-2 Both losses were to Webb, including District Champ Game, 2nd in COC
49-10(5 years)

Hillcrest

2009: 7-5
2010: 7-5
2011: 11-2
2012: 10-2
2013: 7-4
42-18(5 years)

Bolivar

2004: 9-3
2005: 9-2
2006: 9-1
2007: 7-3
2008: 11-2
2009: 11-2
2010: 9-2
2011: 9-2 Lost to Helias by 10 and to Webb by 14
2012: 9-3 Lost to Harrisonville by 6 to end season
2013: 12-1 Lost to state runnerup to end season
2014: 7-4
2015: 9-2
2016: 6-5
2017: 3-7
2018: 4-6
2019: 11-1 Lost to Webb by 13 in District Champ
2020: 7-3
2021: 4-7
2022: 5-7
2023: 7-4
158-67(20 years)

Now I know everyone’s going to say: Bolivar was in the COC Small, blah blah. They were also Class 3 for a few of those years too. And let’s not forget when they played the COC Large schools during those years, they won their fair share of those games against schools with double the enrollment

All these teams have had their good years and bad years during these last few decades.

They may not be Webb City or Carthage but to act like they’ve only had good or decent teams every now and then is not accurate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT