ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship predictions

True, but they'll likely accumulate enough points in Class 2 every cycle to keep them at outta Class 1 unless the bottom drops out.

Reactions: dashana
I agree kaskaskia. Seems like a moot point :re Valle. Only one private football school in Class 1, St. Vincent.

Is the answer a complete separation during the entire season, or just the playoffs?

Just the playoffs, but it's never going to happen. Every time any type of separation of public and private is put to a vote, it is soundly defeated. The current system is the best alternative IMO.

Reactions: NEMOFball
Just the playoffs, but it's never going to happen. Every time any type of separation of public and private is put to a vote, it is soundly defeated. The current system is the best alternative IMO.
One would think, based on the data that i provided earlier in the thread, that if it's a huge issue for the public school coaches, administrators, and residents, they could easily get the votes necessary to pass some type of amendment to the current by-laws. FWIW, I'm a 20 year coach, at a private school. I enjoy playing competitive games, public or private . There certainly are compelling arguments to be made on both sides.

One would think, based on the data that i provided earlier in the thread, that if it's a huge issue for the public school coaches, administrators, and residents, they could easily get the votes necessary to pass some type of amendment to the current by-laws. FWIW, I'm a 20 year coach, at a private school. I enjoy playing competitive games, public or private . There certainly are compelling arguments to be made on both sides.
Give it time. Now that some private schools are getting moved 'up' it may change some minds.
Used to be a class 1/2 and 6 problem.
Not so much anymore.

Reactions: Cards1968
Give it time. Now that some private schools are getting moved 'up' it may change some minds.
Used to be a class 1/2 and 6 problem.
Not so much anymore.
IMO, Class 6 is still a problem. CFP matters not to CBC, SLUH, De Smet, etc...

Any private school can 'keep their enrollment low' by simply not giving scholarships to the riffraff they don't want.

Those folks aren't high enough caliber.
I heard every kid is on full scholarship at Adrian...EVERY KID! Not one kid pays a dime to go there...talk about an UNFAIR advantage!;)

I heard every kid is on full scholarship at Adrian...EVERY KID! Not one kid pays a dime to go there...talk about an UNFAIR advantage!;)

They all live in a tiny school district too. Now if the kids from harrisonville, Butler, Clinton, etc could go to adrian on the cheap you might have a point.

Heck Adrian is so nice Archie's stud QB lives there .

Bullstuff.
The smaller class privates had the advantage of pulling from a giant talent pool and staying in class 1 or 2.

class 6 is about recruiting.
You act like Valle gets their pick of all the athletes in Ste. Genevieve County and then Ste. Genevieve Public has to play with the left overs...is that really what you think? Just curious...

Reactions: Rufus R. Jones
You act like Valle gets their pick of all the athletes in Ste. Genevieve County and then Ste. Genevieve Public has to play with the left overs...is that really what you think? Just curious...
Check the scoreboard

31-0 this year
63-7 last year
46-0 the year before
42-7
41-6

Yea id say that might be a good argument. Thanks!

Check the scoreboard

31-0 this year
63-7 last year
46-0 the year before
42-7
41-6

Yea id say that might be a good argument. Thanks!
Yes Valle has dominated the cross-town rivalry lately.

However, Ste. Gen. beat Class 3 Park Hills Central during the regular season, a team that is playing for the State Championship Friday.

Ste. Gen. won 8 games each of the past two years and has had a pretty good history lately...how are they doing that well with scrub left-overs?

Yes Valle has dominated the cross-town rivalry lately.

However, Ste. Gen. beat Class 3 Park Hills Central during the regular season, a team that is playing for the State Championship Friday.

Ste. Gen. won 8 games each of the past two years and has had a pretty good history lately...how are they doing that well with scrub left-overs?
PHC had it's best player out.
SEMO football is meh at best.

To be fair, Ste Gen beat a Central team without their best two players. I disagree with veer though. SEMO football is solid. The proof lies in the schedule, the same one he uses to prove how solid his part of the state is. The argument certainly won’t be won here, but on the field. Perhaps with a caveat……

Went and saw Park Hills Central's departure for state today. That was cool to see. Lot of excitement in all of St. Francios County for them. Really would like to see them being the championship home.
Also pulling for Hillsboro. Have kept an eye on their program since the 2008 season when Brian Robbins started coaching there after he left Bluff when I was a sophomore. Always pulled for them as I loved Coach Robbins and then he left the program was left to Lee Freeman who was a coach for the three years he coached me at PB in football and wrestling I grew very close to. He's become a good friend and he left it in good hand with Sucharski. They usually have really solid teams. Only one game a season since 2014 when I'm not a Hawks supporter. Nice to see them playing for a state title this weekend.

From my understanding listening to the local radio here in St. Francios County all season the losses PHC had on the middle had a lot to do with not just one player but many players out those weeks. If they hadn't have been hurting those weeks their games vs. Cape and Ste. Gen would have been much different. Dare I say the Valle game too but I think they were back at full power vs. Valle.

Reactions: Arcola
From my understanding listening to the local radio here in St. Francios County all season the losses PHC had on the middle had a lot to do with not just one player but many players out those weeks. If they hadn't have been hurting those weeks their games vs. Cape and Ste. Gen would have been much different. Dare I say the Valle game too but I think they were back at full power vs. Valle.
They were not at “full power” vs Valle.

Reactions: Arcola
To be fair, Ste Gen beat a Central team without their best two players. I disagree with veer though. SEMO football is solid. The proof lies in the schedule, the same one he uses to prove how solid his part of the state is. The argument certainly won’t be won here, but on the field. Perhaps with a caveat……
Didn't PHC play SG in the playoffs?

My Ste Gen bookie has Lamar - 14
I think it depends on the KARKNEE moms. If they stay and watch the Lamar game? Lamar by 21+ if they leave? That seriously affects the outcome for both teams. Imagine the morale of the teams? KARKNEE moms cheering you on? You’ll play your best game. Regardless though, you hate to watch them go, but love to watch them leave.

I think it depends on the KARKNEE moms. If they stay and watch the Lamar game? Lamar by 21+ if they leave? That seriously affects the outcome for both teams. Imagine the morale of the teams? KARKNEE moms cheering you on? You’ll play your best game. Regardless though, you hate to watch them go, but love to watch them leave.
So now you're going to go? Just for the karknee mom factor?

Trust me. Stay home!!! It's not safe for public schools !!!!!

Heck! Even I would fly to MO for the game if the hot Kearney moms attend!!
Plane-weight.png

Every quarter at each championship game this yr we should wheel a distinguished Kearney mom out to the 35 to be acknowledged like they do with military veterans at the Chiefs game. I think that would be great for all the players, admin, and fans.

Every quarter at each championship game this yr we should wheel a distinguished Kearney mom out to the 35 to be acknowledged like they do with military veterans at the Chiefs game. I think that would be great for all the players, admin, and fans.
Anyone have the link for the live stream?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT