ADVERTISEMENT

Open Boys Basketball Head Coaching Jobs

Going back to the original comment, I moved on from Willard. I was hired back last month. I chose to step down on my own terms.

I do not foresee any continued issues at Willard in regards to anything that is being mentioned above. Willard is a good place with a lot of really good people. I would encourage any applicant to apply as I believe it is a good job that is only going to get better over time. Through it all, I enjoyed my time there.

Thanks.
Class act!

Must mean the parent running the site was a parent of a senior.

Good luck in your future endeavors!

Going back to the original comment, I moved on from Willard. I was hired back last month. I chose to step down on my own terms.

I do not foresee any continued issues at Willard in regards to anything that is being mentioned above. Willard is a good place with a lot of really good people. I would encourage any applicant to apply as I believe it is a good job that is only going to get better over time. Through it all, I enjoyed my time there.

Thanks.
Great response coach. Good luck to you and your new team next year.

Leeton did not rehire Coach Rick Mills for the Boys BB position. Per Warrensburg paper, Coach Mills had no idea he would not be returning.

Springfield Parkview will be open. Landon Cornish is leaving to become an assistant principal in the Bolivar district. I would imagine the former Spokane head coach Kyle Johnson, currently the JV coach at Parkview, would be an obvious choice to take over, but I don't know.

Last edited:
Springfield Parkview will be open. Landon Cornish is leaving to become an assistant principal in the Bolivar district. I would imagine the former Reeds Spring head coach Kyle Johnson, currently the JV coach at Parkview, would be an obvious choice to take over, but I don't know.
Kyle Johnson was never the head coach at Reeds Spring. He was at Spokane before Parkview.

Anyone else surprised that Cornish would step away from coaching? I know he has young kids, so maybe it's for family reasons?

Hope it's not another "getting out of coaching" story due to parents/kids.....

Springfield Parkview will be open. Landon Cornish is leaving to become an assistant principal in the Bolivar district. I would imagine the former Reeds Spring head coach Kyle Johnson, currently the JV coach at Parkview, would be an obvious choice to take over, but I don't know.
You would think that job would garner quite a bit of interest. Usually have good talent.

Thanks.
Good luck coach! I am sorry for the way you were treated. That was ridiculous and I hope you find a place that treats you better.

Anyone else surprised that Cornish would step away from coaching? I know he has young kids, so maybe it's for family reasons?

Hope it's not another "getting out of coaching" story due to parents/kids.....

I'm not sure, but MANY are probably sick of Kickapoo's recruiting which kills any chance for the other SPS schools to do much of anything. Kids are openly encouraged to leave their current (or future) school and enroll at Kickapoo. I wouldn't put up with that for a single second.

Eugene basketball coach is leaving for Oak Grove HS
Quote Tweet

lSda3WI3_mini.jpg

OG Activities

@OG_Activities
· 6h
Please help us congratulate Coach Ethan Shackelford on his new head coaching role at OGHS! #GoPanthers @OGHSPanthers @OGHSPanthersAP

School Board member from Willard has told me that Kolbe Kinghorn will definitely be in the running for the coaching job there.. I know is a former Willard player and played in college, but I have no clue what he’s done since then. Does anybody know where he coaches now?

School Board member from Willard has told me that Kolbe Kinghorn will definitely be in the running for the coaching job there.. I know is a former Willard player and played in college, but I have no clue what he’s done since then. Does anybody know where he coaches now?
I'm not sure he's even coaching or ever coached. Would hope he's not in the running......thats a big time COC job to just be giving out to someone just because he went there.

I'm not sure he's even coaching or ever coached. Would hope he's not in the running......thats a big time COC job to just be giving out to someone just because he went there.
I know he was an assistant under Draesslaer for at least a year and had a pretty successful career as a player for Drury. However I’m inclined to agree, seems too inexperienced for the COC already it wouldn’t make sense

Might be why Willard can be a little scary to some. Place is way too big to allow board members in on this sort of stuff.
Not sure the Willard is a very desirable job right now. Discipline problems with kids, un-realistic parents, unstable school board. A lot of established coaches would have a hard time considering it.

Not sure the Willard is a very desirable job right now. Discipline problems with kids, un-realistic parents, unstable school board. A lot of established coaches would have a hard time considering it.
I don't know the situation well enough to know about any of that. I know they've got some really good folks that work there. And I'd be pretty confident a small school coach would gladly take the bump in salary to take it on.

I don't know the situation well enough to know about any of that. I know they've got some really good folks that work there. And I'd be pretty confident a small school coach would gladly take the bump in salary to take it on.
You are probably right about that. The pay is enticing. It is just a rough situation over there right now.

Things can change quickly. A "bad situation" can turn around the other way without too much effort.

The bad parent(s) and/or kids move on (same for the school board) etc.

Willard's facilities, history over the past 20 years, and potential talent make it a top job regardless of what's going on right now.

Boy, some people want everything to be handed to them on a silver platter.

This is true. But I don't think very many people want or deserve some of the BS Coach Dresslaer went through. As isolated as it was, it was some serious garbage done by some ignorant people.
It would definately throw up red flags for a coach to think about coming there. I would say hire the kids dad for a year that did all this and see how he handles everything involved with coaching these days!

Reactions: Expect2Win
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT