Fair Grove

Lamar
E.Buch

Champioship
Valle
Lamar

Valle wins it (Back by Popular Demand)

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone knows how good Valle is. Nor will we know until state. They have a super easy boring path. The fact nobody is talking about them makes me think there’s not a lot of excitement even in the ST G area. Just hard to believe they are anything to write home about.

• Haha
Reactions: deacon jones
Deacon, if you can actually can provide something to a conversation? You could tell me why they are better then the majority around the state thinks. From polls to fans on all message board forums. There’s not a lot of conversation. So provide it. Nobody seems real high on them. Why (outside of easy path) are they a force? Truly curious. Besides being Valle. That hasn’t worked since they left class 1.

Valle is just as good as they were the last few years when they were in Class 3. They can hold their own and against current top teams in Class 2 it can hold a good amount of water.

Top Teams
Valle
South Shelby
Lamar
Bowling Green

Don't know enough about East Buchanan

Valle's path is a ton easier than others to get to Columbia. South Shelby is very very good. I can see them easily beating Lamar or making that Semi Final absolute crazy.

Bowling Green against South Shelby should be great as well.

Valle is just as good as they were the last few years when they were in Class 3. They can hold their own and against current top teams in Class 2 it can hold a good amount of water.

Top Teams
Valle
South Shelby
Lamar
Bowling Green

Don't know enough about East Buchanan

Valle's path is a ton easier than others to get to Columbia. South Shelby is very very good. I can see them easily beating Lamar or making that Semi Final absolute crazy.

Bowling Green against South Shelby should be great as well.
Ok, I truly was just wanting some Valle talk. I just found it strange nobody was taking about them. Seemed wierd, also wierd knowing Valle’s pedigree as a program the state rankings haven’t reflected higher praise nor have they moved much in the rankings. Good to know.

Teams no one are talking about are Father Tolton and New Madrid Central. I'd say Valle will have to put the first blemish on both of them, or an undefeated Fair Grove.

Lamar's district is probably the most stacked in the class on paper. Adrian and Butler undefeated and Sarcoxie only losing to C .5 title contender Marionville. Big plus getting that bye. I think we're all in agreement Higginsville is not quite on this level, so the winner of D5 gets the semi.

The other stacked district is really a two horse race between South Shelby and Bowling Green (who will have to put Monroe City out to get the right) in all likelihood in Shelbina. This one will be can't miss in the area. I would think several deep standing all around. Gotta give the edge to South with their defense. East Buch awaits the winner as a visitor. Again, give the edge to South or Bowling Green at home.

This semi-final will be at Lamar if it is South. That will be tough. My head says Lamar wears them down in the 2nd half with South playing several two way players. It will be a great game if it happens. I like this winner to hoist the trophy.

Right now, I have Bowling Green as a couple TD favorite over South Shelby but the idea that South can win that game is growing on me.

South Shelby/Bowling Green I would have slightly favored over East Buch.

If Lamar is anywhere near as good as they were last year, I don't think South Shelby, Bowling Green, or East Buch can beat them.

As far as Valle, I do not think it is a given they will emerge from that side of the bracket but regardless I do not see a team from that side of the bracket winning it all.

The Brotherhood gets another Title this year if they are anything like they have been in years past.

Teams no one are talking about are Father Tolton and New Madrid Central. I'd say Valle will have to put the first blemish on both of them, or an undefeated Fair Grove.

Lamar's district is probably the most stacked in the class on paper. Adrian and Butler undefeated and Sarcoxie only losing to C .5 title contender Marionville. Big plus getting that bye. I think we're all in agreement Higginsville is not quite on this level, so the winner of D5 gets the semi.

The other stacked district is really a two horse race between South Shelby and Bowling Green (who will have to put Monroe City out to get the right) in all likelihood in Shelbina. This one will be can't miss in the area. I would think several deep standing all around. Gotta give the edge to South with their defense. East Buch awaits the winner as a visitor. Again, give the edge to South or Bowling Green at home.

This semi-final will be at Lamar if it is South. That will be tough. My head says Lamar wears them down in the 2nd half with South playing several two way players. It will be a great game if it happens. I like this winner to hoist the trophy.
It will be a big one in South Shelby. I am excited to say that I will NOT be in attendance. Finally get to have a normal deer camp this year as no district championship game for my team for first time since 2019.

We will see Friday about NMCC when they play Portageville. They have athletes but their schedule has not been too tough. Beat a down Richmond team. Tolton does not belong in a conference so they beat teams that are a combined 21-50 (assuming they beat a down Fayette team). I could see Versailles beating them in the semi finals if the seeds hold up.

Reactions: NEMOFball
Right now, I have Bowling Green as a couple TD favorite over South Shelby but the idea that South can win that game is growing on me.

If Lamar is anywhere near as good as they were last year, I don't think South Shelby, Bowling Green, or East Buch can beat them.

As far as Valle, I do not think it is a given they will emerge from that side of the bracket but regardless I do not see a team from that side of the bracket winning it all.

The Brotherhood gets another Title this year if they are anything like they have been in years past.
East Buch vs. either will be a must see game! Key there will be ball control. If EB can accomplish that I could see them advancing to the C2 semis.

We will see Friday about NMCC when they play Portageville. They have athletes but their schedule has not been too tough. Beat a down Richmond team. Tolton does not belong in a conference so they beat teams that are a combined 21-50 (assuming they beat a down Fayette team). I could see Versailles beating them in the semi finals if the seeds hold up.
Yup I am not sold on Father Tolton this year. However, they are trying to build a better football program so they will probably make some noise in the next few years.

That one is Thursday evening.

Reactions: hangmanbobbyjaggers

Lamar is healthy as of now. If the offense can be what it was as last year equivalent or close to it? They will be a hard team to beat. Our defense varsity wise is pretty good.

Last edited:
Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Depends on if they win their District!
Louis Litt Genius GIF by Suits

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
Ok, I truly was just wanting some Valle talk. I just found it strange nobody was taking about them. Seemed wierd, also wierd knowing Valle’s pedigree as a program the state rankings haven’t reflected higher praise nor have they moved much in the rankings. Good to know.
Watched a few of Valle's games, the one thing that stands out to me is the lack of a plus type of athlete relative to years past. They are very solid 1 through 11 & have a very methodical style, will always play good team defense.. they just don't have a difference maker/explosive go to guy on Offense. In Class 2 they will definitely be out gunned in some match ups at the skill positions and will have to win up front & w/ scheme

Watched a few of Valle's games, the one thing that stands out to me is the lack of a plus type of athlete relative to years past. They are very solid 1 through 11 & have a very methodical style, will always play good team defense.. they just don't have a difference maker/explosive go to guy on Offense. In Class 2 they will definitely be out gunned in some match ups at the skill positions and will have to win up front & w/ scheme
That doesn't sound like they'll be much of a factor to me.

Reactions: NEMOFball

The two times I saw Valle play Lamar their boys didn't appear to want any part of the Tigers. Might be different this year but I doubt it

To win C3 and under you have to have some mix of at least 3 or 4 guys in the trenches both ways who can really hold their own. Sometimes that's as simple as a handful of guys who at minimum are over 250. If you got that then you need some decent backs running behind them. Then it comes down to execution. I'm thinking of all those Lamar teams that won C2 but lost the Big 8 here.

If you don't have that size and crisp execution, then you need to have a guy like Blair Oaks had at QB last year who can stir the pot all by himself. If you have a guy like that you can put him behind a few 200lbers, who are at least good enough to stem the tide just a bit in the box.

Then of course every once in a while you get a team like Lamar has about every 3 years or Lutheran SC a few years ago, where they got multiple 300lbers, legit D1 guys in the backfield, and they execute at the highest level.

I'm not familiar with the athletes on the east side whatsoever. But by the sounds of it we don't really have any of that 3rd example in C2 this year, which should make things A LOT of fun. And the best thing I see from a fan's perspective is there might be some new schools in the mix that haven't had a chance to play at this level before. I love how HS football, especially in the smaller classes, can provide what looks like a great all-time matchup, that just ends being a humbling experience for a whole town who had no idea what kind of buzzsaw they were walking into 😅

To win C3 and under you have to have some mix of at least 3 or 4 guys in the trenches both ways who can really hold their own. Sometimes that's as simple as a handful of guys who at minimum are over 250. If you got that then you need some decent backs running behind them. Then it comes down to execution. I'm thinking of all those Lamar teams that won C2 but lost the Big 8 here.

If you don't have that size and crisp execution, then you need to have a guy like Blair Oaks had at QB last year who can stir the pot all by himself. If you have a guy like that you can put him behind a few 200lbers, who are at least good enough to stem the tide just a bit in the box.

Then of course every once in a while you get a team like Lamar has about every 3 years or Lutheran SC a few years ago, where they got multiple 300lbers, legit D1 guys in the backfield, and they execute at the highest level.

I'm not familiar with the athletes on the east side whatsoever. But by the sounds of it we don't really have any of that 3rd example in C2 this year, which should make things A LOT of fun. And the best thing I see from a fan's perspective is there might be some new schools in the mix that haven't had a chance to play at this level before. I love how HS football, especially in the smaller classes, can provide what looks like a great all-time matchup, that just ends being a humbling experience for a whole town who had no idea what kind of buzzsaw they were walking into 😅
From what I've seen on social media, EB has multiple players being recruited D2, D3, and NAIA which is pretty impressive for a small school. Still think Lamar is the top dogs if they can stay healthy. Class 2 Playoffs are going to be fun to watch!

From what I've seen on social media, EB has multiple players being recruited D2, D3, and NAIA which is pretty impressive for a small school. Still think Lamar is the top dogs if they can stay healthy. Class 2 Playoffs are going to be fun to watch!
Anytime any of those KCI schools can mix it up with Southern MO, I love it.

I'm very excited to see what EB looks like against the C2 contenders. And actually, EB is great example of the last point I mentioned. I can remember multiple times that my alma mater MVBT Liberty had legitimate college talent from NAIA players to guys who became D1 all-americans, who lost to Lamar by 4 tuddies because they didn't have the guys in the trenches to match up.

I can just hear EB fans talking about how no one has seen the spread ran at the level they're doing it, how it's gonna be hard for school to cover all those WRs and stop a mobile QB and strong run game. Meanwhile I've seen and heard that same song and dance year after year. Who knows though, maybe the metaphorical EB folks are right! That's what makes it interesting.

Most people can find room on a D3 or NAIA roster if they want to say you played college football bad enough. It's how those schools stay open.

I will say this, the way to beat Lamar is spread them out and throw the ball! Should be fun!

I'm very excited to see what EB looks like against the C2 contenders. And actually, EB is great example of the last point I mentioned. I can remember multiple times that my alma mater MVBT Liberty had legitimate college talent from NAIA players to guys who became D1 all-americans, who lost to Lamar by 4 tuddies because they didn't have the guys in the trenches to match up.

I can just hear EB fans talking about how no one has seen the spread ran at the level they're doing it, how it's gonna be hard for school to cover all those WRs and stop a mobile QB and strong run game. Meanwhile I've seen and heard that same song and dance year after year. Who knows though, maybe the metaphorical EB folks are right! That's what makes it interesting.
The spread like Valle runs?

I agree, I would take a team that runs a system to perfection over relying on a few very talented players any day. Lamar runs their system like clockwork which makes them very difficult to stop at this level. Same with Bowling Green and their quick offense. South Shelby will have to control the ball with their run game to limit BG possessions which they have the system to do. That EB vs BG/South Shelby game is going to be must see! Would not shock me if South Shelby made it to the Semi's. They are VERY good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT