ADVERTISEMENT

Class 2-

You're right .
Does valle have IEP kids? EMO kids? Kids that miss half the school days?

That is their true advantage (combined with pulling at LEAST one county).

If Adrian pulls from all Bates County and gets rid of the *AHEM* non-high caliber kids , they're class 1 yearly and romp and stomp.

Then of course, cass county is 5 miles away and i'm sure some of those kids will come for the education too. Tuition paid of course.

That's the advantage.
I agree with you, which is why I said they have an advantage over public schools. I just don't think Valle is comparable to what St. Mary's and Cardinal Ritter have done. I have said for years Helias has that same advantage, but I don't believe Helias recruits the same way that Ritter and St. Mary's have. I know they are able to pull kids from other districts which is a huge advantage, but that's not quite like going and pulling D-1 athletes from East St. Louis or something like that. I do think it's ironic how Hazelwood West has fallen off since the rise of Ritter, St. Mary's, etc. I think we had this same conversation last year with Rufus Jones or someone like that. I also don't think the fix is privates in their own class.

Reactions: Vallegrad2
And you wonder why people don't like private schools.

nice one.

'high caliber' you might say;)
Veer I genuinely want to know where does your hate come from for Private Schools. Not trying to be ignorant or anything just trying to understand you. Is it all privates or just Valle? You may have explained this in the past but I have only been here for year so just trying to figure it out.

Veer I genuinely want to know where does your hate come from for Private Schools. Not trying to be ignorant or anything just trying to understand you. Is it all privates or just Valle? You may have explained this in the past but I have only been here for year so just trying to figure it out.
You just had two private school fanboys state that valle gets higher caliber kids and that perhaps adrian wouldn't be able to field a team if they only took higher caliber kids from bates county (PS: Bates county all star team would've destroyed any small class private school most years).

Think on that for a second.

Surely not enough 'high caliber' kids right?

You seen deacon around lately?
Right. Is zero a number, or the lack of a number?
No, I think he moved his kid to Ste. Genevieve to be a runt backup guard for Valle Catholic. Said they hooked him up with a job as a cart jockey at the Ste. Genevieve Golf Club. Also offered him the finest in Catholic learning and manners, as well as endless opportunities to call on the girls of the socially elite families of Ste. Genevieve and surrounding counties. It was any high school football player's dream come true, and an opportunity to advance the family socially for future generations.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
Right. Is zero a number, or the lack of a number?
No, I think he moved his kid to Ste. Genevieve to be a runt backup guard for Valle Catholic. Said they hooked him up with a job as a cart jockey at the Ste. Genevieve Golf Club. Also offered him the finest in Catholic learning and manners, as well as endless opportunities to call on the girls of the socially elite families of Ste. Genevieve and surrounding counties. It was any high school football player's dream come true, and an opportunity to advance the family socially for future generations.
Chevy Chase Flirting GIF

• Love
Reactions: BoosterBosko
It is a great post and makes a lot of sense. I feel like one key element was left out. How many years did they control their enrollment to dominate class one? Can a public school do this?
They didn’t have to because the factor wasn’t enough

Not necessarily so. There is probably a tipping point where more kids equate to more spending on buildings, land and employees.
And aren’t all schools not for profit?
The school was built in the early 50's and high school enrollment was around 300 or so. I think we had about 75 kids in our class. Some classes bigger, some smaller. So the infrastructure is there to support larger classes and I can assure you that the primary concern is to NOT go the way of some of the StL Catholic schools.

Reactions: Arcola
I'm pointing out the logical fallacy of your attack on the other private schools 'big donors'.

Clearly valle gives scholarships. Appears that 80%+ of the males enrolled play football, it's safe to say some football players are getting breaks from 'donors'.
Valle provides aid to kids based on family size and income. Father Nemeth has vowed that parents who want their kids to attend Valle will get help based on their need, NOT THEIR WANT.

When I was there the faculty was all Sisters of St. Joseph and members of the Ste. Genevieve parish did not have to pay tuition. I am not sure exactly when they started charging tuition but as tuition increased enrollment dropped. In 83 they were still 2A and in 88 won their first 1A title. The other impact to Valle's enrollment is that Ste. Genevieve Public School is an excellent alternative.

I know some Valle graduates whose kids did not get accepted at Valle. The only reason I can think of is the aid factor as the family is active in the church and had above average income in Ste. Genevieve county.

I was told that Valle has 140 students. 54 kids on the last roster I saw. 77% football based on 70 males. 13 seniors, 13 juniors, 5 sophomores, 23 freshmen. So 33% of the team are freshmen, and I doubt that all 23 will be there next year.

The latest casualty at Valle appears to be the band....no band in the homecoming parade and a recorded national anthem at the game. Sad.

• Sad
Reactions: Graphic Edge Guy
Valle provides aid to kids based on family size and income. Father Nemeth has vowed that parents who want their kids to attend Valle will get help based on their need, NOT THEIR WANT.

When I was there the faculty was all Sisters of St. Joseph and members of the Ste. Genevieve parish did not have to pay tuition. I am not sure exactly when they started charging tuition but as tuition increased enrollment dropped. In 83 they were still 2A and in 88 won their first 1A title. The other impact to Valle's enrollment is that Ste. Genevieve Public School is an excellent alternative.

I know some Valle graduates whose kids did not get accepted at Valle. The only reason I can think of is the aid factor as the family is active in the church and had above average income in Ste. Genevieve county.

I was told that Valle has 140 students. 54 kids on the last roster I saw. 77% football based on 70 males. 13 seniors, 13 juniors, 5 sophomores, 23 freshmen. So 33% of the team are freshmen, and I doubt that all 23 will be there next year.

The latest casualty at Valle appears to be the band....no band in the homecoming parade and a recorded national anthem at the game. Sad.
I did notice their small class last year as freshman.

You'd think with wanting to boost numbers, alumni kids would get a break.

Surely they want the numbers to go up. It is sad they don't have the music department as schools should give the most well rounded experience they possibly can.

Again, public schools can give zero scholarships . Public schools get caught doing that they are in trouble.

If valle was classified by their district, they'd be class 3/4 (at least).

I did notice their small class last year as freshman.

You'd think with wanting to boost numbers, alumni kids would get a break.

Surely they want the numbers to go up. It is sad they don't have the music department as schools should give the most well rounded experience they possibly can.

Again, public schools can give zero scholarships . Public schools get caught doing that they are in trouble.

If valle was classified by their district, they'd be class 3/4 (at least).
And St. Pius in Jefferson County?

Not sure if that is a complement or? No doubt Valle had success competing against class 1 schools where they were the smallest school.
Puh-lease. Even valle fans admit they never should have been class 1.

They pull from at least a class 3 or 4 talent pool. It's pretty easy to win in the smallest class when you're pulling from 500 more kids.

Valle is more comparable to Webb, Blair Oaks, and Lamar than they are to Ritter and St Mary’s! Ritter and St Mary’s success has not been consistent over an extended period of time, they are not supported by the community, and the culture is not the same. Successful team but not a successful program. Webb, Blair Oaks, Lamar and Valle have had a consistent successful programs! There is more to success than winning a state championship!

Puh-lease. Even valle fans admit they never should have been class 1.

They pull from at least a class 3 or 4 talent pool. It's pretty easy to win in the smallest class when you're pulling from 500 more kids.
And what about St. Pius in Jefferson County with a population of 277,000?

Valle is more comparable to Webb, Blair Oaks, and Lamar than they are to Ritter and St Mary’s! Ritter and St Mary’s success has not been consistent over an extended period of time, they are not supported by the community, and the culture is not the same. Successful team but not a successful program. Webb, Blair Oaks, Lamar and Valle have had a consistent successful programs! There is more to success than winning a state championship!

I would say Valle is in between. I am willing to bet Webb, Blair Oaks and have a much higher % of sped kids and those of free and reduced lunches. Much higher.

Valle still has the ability to control there enrollment. I mean let’s be honest here, if “Timmy” from South Park moves to Ste, Gen, he isn’t going to Valle and he sure as hell will count against enrollment to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
So its only the successful privates you'd rank by county population?
nah but the point is moot since MSHSAA's overlords would never allow them to do it.

Maybe let public schools start playing by the same rules

Good luck with that!

May find out there's a bunch of 'high caliber' kids in a lot of places.

And how many schools are in that county?
Many, and it seems that kids are able to pick and choose which school to attend. At least I had cousins living in Festus who attended Crystal City High School. And several years ago a new school, Jefferson, opened down Hiway 61 and kids flocked to it leaving Crystal City about Valle size. I'm not smart enuf to know all about Jefferson county but if the kids from Crystal City high school had transferred to St. Pius I'd betcha there would some excited posts on here.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT