ADVERTISEMENT

My Class 2 bracket...

That doesn't sound like they'll be much of a factor to me.
I would still take them to Win the district, Beat Hermann/D2 Winner and advance to the final 4 pretty easily. I guess that means I agree with Veer. Those comments were relative to the top 3 or 4 teams in the state/ability to go win it

Reactions: NEMOFball
I agree, I would take a team that runs a system to perfection over relying on a few very talented players any day. Lamar runs their system like clockwork which makes them very difficult to stop at this level. Same with Bowling Green and their quick offense. South Shelby will have to control the ball with their run game to limit BG possessions which they have the system to do. That EB vs BG/South Shelby game is going to be must see! Would not shock me if South Shelby made it to the Semi's. They are VERY good.
South has the ability to pass the ball too. Sophomore QB but he is a very good player and they have a good WR.

But their bread and butter is their running back. He is a workhorse.

That side of the bracket is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

The problem for South Shelby in my opinion is that they have to beat:

Bowling Green
East Buch
Lamar

Just to play in the title game.

Very tough road for a traditional Class 1 team.

Starks for BG graduated but BG still has a Wyoming commit at RB/LB along with several other college level players and great size.

This is my personal opinion but of all the teams in Class 2 I think BG has the best chance against Lamar.
BG likes to run. Not many get consistent yardage on the ground against Lamar. Haven’t since 2021 for the most part. A team spreading Lamar out passing which then opens a run game and keeping Lamar on defense is the best way to have a shot for any of these teams. I think BG plays into Lamar’s hands with having that run attack. Just my opinion.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
BG likes to run. Not many get consistent yardage on the ground against Lamar. Haven’t since 2021 for the most part. A team spreading Lamar out passing which then opens a run game and keeping Lamar on defense is the best way to have a shot for any of these teams. I think BG plays into Lamar’s hands with having that run attack. Just my opinion.
I just don't think that any of the other teams will be able to match Lamar's physicality and size like Bowling Green can.

Time will tell.

Reactions: 503_Maple
I just don't think that any of the other teams will be able to match Lamar's physicality and size like Bowling Green can.

Time will tell.
Yes it will. I just trust Lamar’s defensive brand, and returning the defense from last year stopping the run won’t be an issue. But it’s football anything can happen. Been wanting to actually see BG in person. So that would be a cool thing to see. Might have to watch them before then god willing. Have only watched the YouTube feed a few times this year and last.

Reactions: NEMOFball
Doubt anybody beats Lamar. Bowling Green won't. EB won't. Was hoping Higginsville would this year, but doesn't sound like they have the horses. Don't know enough about Valle. They probably are the best coached and will have the best chance.

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
Doubt anybody beats Lamar. Bowling Green won't. EB won't. Was hoping Higginsville would this year, but doesn't sound like they have the horses. Don't know enough about Valle. They probably are the best coached and will have the best chance.
you're a valle honk. Your posting history gives it away.

you're a valle honk. Your posting history gives it away.
His history says a lot more then that
Interesting. This person's posting history is suddenly serious, fact based stuff. But when I point to MY posting history about LOSING WEIGHT, its mocked and ridiculed. NICE TRY BOZOS!!

I believe he graduated.
But his replacement is a D1 kid who also had over a thousand yards last year. He is a around 250 / game this year and around 5 touchdowns game… He usually doesn’t play the second half, because BG usually has their opponent turbo-clocked by halftime.

But his replacement is a D1 kid who also had over a thousand yards last year. He is a around 250 / game this year and around 5 touchdowns game… He usually doesn’t play the second half, because BG usually has their opponent turbo-clocked by halftime.
Where's he going?

Bowling Green was without Coach St. Clair last week. Have not heard when he will be back. Hopefully sooner than later. This was on Paige's twitter. She is an RN thankfully.
https://twitter.com/PaigeOBryan12
Paige O'Bryan Chinn

Don’t give me too much credit! So many people played a huge part in saving his life. He’s a special person to me, my community. and to my family. And by the grace God he is still here!

Reactions: da bears 25
But his replacement is a D1 kid who also had over a thousand yards last year. He is an around 250 / game this year and around 5 touchdowns game… He usually doesn’t play the second half, because BG usually has their opponent turbo-clocked by halftime.
Not taking anything away from them, or him as a stud. But I wonder how much of the dominance is from having quite frankly a severely lacking schedule. I feel most in the top 10 could have JV in at half.

Not taking anything away from them, or him as a stud. But I wonder how much of the dominance is from having quite frankly a severely lacking schedule. I feel most in the top 10 could have JV in at half.
I'd say the weak schedule crutch was removed after last year. They are legit, as is South Shelby.

They did schedule a Class 4 team this season btw. Only reason they have a remote chance at the #1 seed.

I'd say the weak schedule crutch was removed after last year. They are legit, as is South Shelby.

They did schedule a Class 4 team this season btw. Only reason they have a remote chance at the #1 seed.
Sure, they are good. But to know for certain they are a title contender would feel “better” if they played a few ranked teams. Heck, even class 1 and 2. Doesn’t even have to be class 3 or 4. Like I said, not trying to belittle them. I mean, Its also not their fault Lutheran St Charles lost the transfer portal and isn’t very good.

They best Lafayette County both years, then ran into BO. Yeah, I’ve convinced myself in my own comment back they are proven to a degree more than I thought. lol

Sure, they are good. But to know for certain they are a title contender would feel “better” if they played a few ranked teams. Heck, even class 1 and 2. Doesn’t even have to be class 3 or 4. Like I said, not trying to belittle them. I mean, Its also not their fault Lutheran St Charles lost the transfer portal and isn’t very good.

They best Lafayette County both years, then ran into BO. Yeah, I’ve convinced myself in my own comment back they are proven to a degree more than I thought. lol
SS destroyed the #4 team in Class 3 last week.

SS and BG are both legitimately elite class 2 teams.

That being said, I think Lamar is 2 or 3 tds better than both.

Ive seen lots of film on all three and it's fair to say they're all 'Ultra-peppery'.

I’m happy to watch either play Lamar. I’ve tried to watch SS but can’t find anything other than highlights. Is there any online live events? I want to watch some Cardinal football.

Love the new blood. It’s awesome to see the SS come up. Fun stuff!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT