ADVERTISEMENT

Class 2-

Looks that way. On paper, at least, this is a strong district.

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: BoosterBosko
Speaking of living in people's heads...you gotta create new accounts to reply to only me

Woowoo
Lmao. Not at all. Havent been on this page in years. Live in Florida now and didnt remember my info. Dont flatter yourself, but you just keep living in your little make believe world

Lmao. Not at all. Havent been on this page in years. Live in Florida now and didnt remember my info. Dont flatter yourself, but you just keep living in your little make believe world
This isn't the first time you've came in, made a new username to try to get my attention and then told the same story.

Bout once a year it seems.
Rent free.

Looks that way. On paper, at least, this is a strong district.
The district is definitely only strong on paper. There is not a team that plays within 3-4 scores of Lamar in it. The others are just playing for 2nd place, like most years. Only Class 2 team within an hour or so of Lamar that has a chance to compete is Fair Grove, that is probably a big if.

Last edited:
Is there something that Sarcoxie, Butler or Adrian can do to change their schedule to make them more Lamar-worthy??
No i mean folks like you that think that way should schedule them . Call your AD. Coach Hocker knows where Adrian and Butler are.
Heck if Miller hadn't played Cuba they coulda hosted Adrian. Woulda been a much shorter trip!

To be honest, MSHSAA popping this on people after the schedules were set is complete BS. I'm sure Adrian would have a schedule that looks like next year instead of being in the position they are in now.

Last edited:
Is there something that Sarcoxie, Butler or Adrian can do to change their schedule to make them more Lamar-worthy??
Adrian was in the State Championship last year in Class 1. Granted they were blown out, but they have a chance in Class 1. What hurts them is their desire to stay tied to the WEMO conference, which put them in the position they are now.

Butler was a Class 1 contender last year and has been competitive in Class 2. They won their District in 2020 and lost to Runner-up St. Pius X 14-6. OHC is not horrible, and they have scheduled competitive like-sized schools or bigger each year under Webb.

Sarcoxie is the same way most years in Class 1, but either gets ousted by Thayer, Marionville, or Pierce City. SWC is a decent Class 1 Conference, but not great and there are 8 teams in it.

Lamar the last 12-14 years has been an outlier. Prior to 2010, they were the joke of the Big 8 when it came to football. Take a complete culture change by Bailey, some freakish talent, and a community desire to continue the excellence with still some outlandish talent, they will be tough to beat when their enrollment is nearly double most schools in their district. Plus playing a Class 3-4 conference schedule every year.

No i mean folks like you that think that way should schedule them . Call your AD. Coach Hocker knows where Adrian and Butler are.
Heck if Miller hadn't played Cuba they coulda hosted Adrian. Woulda been a much shorter trip!

To be honest, MSHSAA popping this on people after the schedules were set is complete BS. I'm sure Adrian would have a schedule that looks like next year instead of being in the position they are in now.
"No i mean folks like you that think that way should schedule them . Call your AD. Coach Hocker knows where Adrian and Butler are."

I know that scheduling schools over 100 miles away doesn't make any sense. My point actually was small schools can't just up and say we got to schedule tougher because Misha says we're now class 2. They have to play the hand they're dealt. That being said, the 3 teams I mentioned earlier have taken that schedule and dominated it. I was just giving some props to them before Lamar rolls through the district like buttered sausage.

Reactions: Arcola
"No i mean folks like you that think that way should schedule them . Call your AD. Coach Hocker knows where Adrian and Butler are."

I know that scheduling schools over 100 miles away doesn't make any sense. My point actually was small schools can't just up and say we got to schedule tougher because Misha says we're now class 2. They have to play the hand they're dealt. That being said, the 3 teams I mentioned earlier have taken that schedule and dominated it. I was just giving some props to them before Lamar rolls through the district like buttered sausage.
I love sausage

And bosko likey inc !

This isn't the first time you've came in, made a new username to try to get my attention and then told the same story.

Bout once a year it seems.
Rent free.
Lmao. Id love to see that post. Oh dear god please let me see it. Since the way you make your statement to be pure fact. Like Valle's recruiting.

Listen sparky. I have alot better things to do than to make different usernames and follow you around. Esp when its the same spill/garbage year in and year out. You keep on keeping on.

Pretty sad this little old site and esp Valle have given you sleepless nights. Talk about living rent free.

Reactions: Taco Tico
Listen sparky. I have alot better things to do than to make different usernames and follow you around.
Yet here you are.
Valle doesn't recruit.
They have a class 4 talent pool and they pick and choose. Pretty nice advantage.

JW a couple of things?
Where does this class 4 talent pool pick and choose idea come from?? In reality it is a class 3 talent pool!
St Vincent has the class 4 talent pool to pick and choose, yet, they are never discussed on here ?Valle just beat St Vincent 50+ -0. Explain how that could happen ?
If it is possible for a Lamar to “have a culture change”, “freakish talent”, and “community desire to continue the excellence” could it also be that a Valle has the same same thing going on or is that exclusive to a Webb, Blair Oaks, and Lamar ?
Again, just wondering and trying to figure out this advantage angle? TIA

Reactions: Vallegrad2
JW a couple of things?
Where does this class 4 talent pool pick and choose idea come from?? In reality it is a class 3 talent pool!
St Vincent has the class 4 talent pool to pick and choose, yet, they are never discussed on here ?Valle just beat St Vincent 50+ -0. Explain how that could happen ?
If it is possible for a Lamar to “have a culture change”, “freakish talent”, and “community desire to continue the excellence” could it also be that a Valle has the same same thing going on or is that exclusive to a Webb, Blair Oaks, and Lamar ?
Again, just wondering and trying to figure out this advantage angle? TIA
Soon as you explain how Valle with (as you admit) at least a class 3 talent pool can't get out of districts in class 3.

Thank you!

and a lot more than most public schools class 2 and 1/.5
I agree they have an advantage at Class 1 but it is not as big as everyone makes it out to be when you get to Class 2. The schools they play have 2 to 3 times the amount of boys, the odds are in the public schools favor for talent. At class 3 they are playing school close 400 to 500 more kids. If you put a small public school at those odds the first thing you hear is safety concerns.

I have a player at Helias and week and in and week out we play teams with 500 or more kids. We just deal with it so I understand the frustration they feel. Then again I was a public school kid who hated Country Day and Priory when I was in school. I see both sides of this and right now there just isnt a good fix. We just need to stop the blatant recruiting from teams like St. Marys and Cardinal Ritter and try and level the playing field as best we can.

maxresdefault.jpg

I agree they have an advantage at Class 1 but it is not as big as everyone makes it out to be when you get to Class 2. The schools they play have 2 to 3 times the amount of boys, the odds are in the public schools favor for talent. At class 3 they are playing school close 400 to 500 more kids. If you put a small public school at those odds the first thing you hear is safety concerns.

I have a player at Helias and week and in and week out we play teams with 500 or more kids. We just deal with it so I understand the frustration they feel. Then again I was a public school kid who hated Country Day and Priory when I was in school. I see both sides of this and right now there just isnt a good fix. We just need to stop the blatant recruiting from teams like St. Marys and Cardinal Ritter and try and level the playing field as best we can.
There is a good fix. Separate them. I bet their numbers drop off considerably pretty quickly when the spotlight diminishes. Here in Mississippi private schools are a simple curiosity.

There is a good fix. Separate them. I bet their numbers drop off considerably pretty quickly when the spotlight diminishes. Here in Mississippi private schools are a simple curiosity.
So do you go one class of privates or two? One class, the enrollment difference is pretty significant and would pose a safety issue. If you go two its watered down. In reality MSHSAA is a club and private schools are part of said club and follow the rules of the club. Granted some of those school don't always follow the rules. So unless the public schools make there own club I don't see it changing for a while. God knows if the public schools do make their own league you know they government will try get involved and can you imagine they mess they will make of a playoff football system? 😂

So do you go one class of privates or two? One class, the enrollment difference is pretty significant and would pose a safety issue. If you go two its watered down. In reality MSHSAA is a club and private schools are part of said club and follow the rules of the club. Granted some of those school don't always follow the rules. So unless the public schools make there own club I don't see it changing for a while. God knows if the public schools do make their own league you know they government will try get involved and can you imagine they mess they will make of a playoff football system? 😂
In my opinion the Championship Factor is working. I would like to see how it plays out over the next 10 years or so, but I really do think it is leveling the playing field the best we can without splitting.

The gubmint is already involved.

That's why private and public aren't split yet.

IYKYK.

Reactions: HHSX2
They were pretty good when valle wasn't.
sorry Veer2E, I ain’t buying into this. St Vincent hasn’t won more than 7 games in a season since 2004! Since then maybe a 500 record! How is that possible when they draw from a class 4 talent pool? I hate to admit it but to me it keeps coming back to “ culture change” “ talent” and “community desire to continue the excellence”….aka Webb, Blair Oaks, Valle, and Lamar! And in the beginning the Jeff City Jays!

Soon as you explain how Valle with (as you admit) at least a class 3 talent pool can't get out of districts in class 3.

Thank you!

“Talent” is how I describe most private schools success. But you left out “Recruit.”
Again, you do not have to recruit if you win athletically. Many times, it is the academic side of things as well for the private schools.

5e173317fe3a07152f34e556c1e3fcbe.jpg

Reactions: HHSX2
“Talent” is how I describe most private schools success. But you left out “Recruit.”
How do you describe the success of Webb, Blair Oaks, and Lamar?
And how do you explain the lack of football success of the privates that are not in the most category? Again JW since I am not a well- known member on here

And how do you explain the lack of football success of the privates that are not in the most category? Again JW since I am not a well- known member on here
For Webb and Blair Oaks, I imagine it starts in 4th grade as they enter into the youth programs. They learn from an early age, that it is them that will carry on tradition.

How would you describe the success of St Louis private schools, Valle or even a team like St Mary’s Colgan innPittsburg KS?

I don't think valle recruits.
I do know they have distinct advantages over public schools class 3 and down.
Literally they have students from all over a large county and also (according to their own website) serve other local counties. Do they have students from Illinois? I don't know and nobody outside could prove it.

Also, something like 80% of their boys play football. They tailor their enrollment to keep out the kids that the publics have to put up with.

Again, their lack of success in class 3 proves what I'm saying.

it's easy picking on class 1 farm schools.
Not so much when they other team has the kids you do.

That said, they are well coached and disciplined like all good programs.
But sooner or later, it comes down to jimmies and joes.

EDIT: The valle website no longer lists counties. They instead say :
"Valle Catholic Schools provides Catholic education for students in PreSchool through Grade 12 in Southeast Missouri."

sorry Veer2E, I ain’t buying into this. St Vincent hasn’t won more than 7 games in a season since 2004! Since then maybe a 500 record! How is that possible when they draw from a class 4 talent pool? I hate to admit it but to me it keeps coming back to “ culture change” “ talent” and “community desire to continue the excellence”….aka Webb, Blair Oaks, Valle, and Lamar! And in the beginning the Jeff City Jays!
read it real slow:
Since Valle got 'good' again, SV went in the tank.

Coincidence I'm sure.

How would you describe the success of St Louis private schools, Valle or even a team like St Mary’s Colgan innPittsburg KS?
It’s obvious from what I read on mosports that St Mary’s and CR are totally different than Valle. I know nothing about the Kansas school. Valle does what Webb, Blair Oaks, and Lamar do. Add a large county geographical pool/class 3 talent pool to draw from, getting the players that St Vincent or something to that effect should get, adds up to a successful football program.

Last edited:
It’s obvious from what I read on mosports that St Mary’s and CR are totally different than Valle. I know nothing about the Kansas school.

Differences in those schools and valle.

1) you're a valle guy
2) St G and surrounding counties aren't as populated as the urban areas
3) race.

To be honest, MSHSAA popping this on people after the schedules were set is complete BS. I'm sure Adrian would have a schedule that looks like next year instead of being in the position they are in nowIf that is why you're throwing a fit about the classifications, why didn't you just say so?
So you're throwing a fit about the classifications because Adrian got moved up to Class 2, where they will take their drubbing in districts every year (even while sporting the traditional Adrian 9-1 regular season record).
Now it all makes sense. I thought you had outgrown that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT