ADVERTISEMENT

Murder down 20% since Trump’s last year in office

Does this include the people Trump killed telling everyone to take ivermectin not wear a mask and try to clean the blood with clorox or sun light?

It has nothing to do with "blue" and everything to do with "cities."
In 2022 the top 30 cities leading in murder rates 27 were Democratic ran cities.
Crime increased in 2020 due to the pandemic but we usually don’t hear that the spike was larger in 2016.

Reactions: 65TPT
It has nothing to do with "blue" and everything to do with "cities."
Why do people continually try to move areas towards the "city" ways or lifestyle? If there is less crime and poverty in rural areas, why are they viewed down upon in society? I have family that lives in KC and they just think of us as uneducated hillbillies. Yet they're close to 60 years old and have had their home foreclosed on, are currently unemployed and have no financial literacy...but yet we're the uneducated lol.

Why do people continually try to move areas towards the "city" ways or lifestyle? If there is less crime and poverty in rural areas, why are they viewed down upon in society? I have family that lives in KC and they just think of us as uneducated hillbillies. Yet they're close to 60 years old and have had their home foreclosed on, are currently unemployed and have no financial literacy...but yet we're the uneducated lol.

It has more to do with employment, opportunity, and amenities than anything. Crime is only one of myriad of factors people consider when deciding where to live.

I've lived in tiny towns, mid-size towns, and the big cities. There is ignorance everywhere. But there is a great deal more formal education in cites. Whether you value that or not often depends on your own level of formal education and your lifestyle preferences.

In 2022 the top 30 cities leading in murder rates 27 were Democratic ran cities.
Crime increased in 2020 due to the pandemic but we usually don’t hear that the spike was larger in 2016.

I'm not sure what your level of comfort is with statistical analysis, but taking one data point and saying that it is for sure related causally to another in a complex system is not the way it works.

If we're doing that, then I can do that too:

https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-two-decade-red-state-murder-problem

I'm not sure what your level of comfort is with statistical analysis, but taking one data point and saying that it is for sure related causally to another in a complex system is not the way it works.

If we're doing that, then I can do that too:

https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-two-decade-red-state-murder-problem

Those murders all happen in the blue cities in red states, right? Seems intuitive enough. But even when larger cities are removed from the red states, their murder rates are higher than blue states.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT