ADVERTISEMENT

Lutheran St. Charles 33, Lamar 27 FINAL

Lamar not only could have won but maybe they should have . Lsc was really physical on d line and had more team speed overall but the teams overall were equal . Lamar really shot themselves in the foot late with penalties and the kick off return for a td . If those teams play 10 times it's going 5-5 imo

Lamar not only could have won but maybe they should have . Lsc was really physical on d line and had more team speed overall but the teams overall were equal . Lamar really shot themselves in the foot late with penalties and the kick off return for a td . If those teams play 10 times it's going 5-5 imo
I agree. The loss stings. But we are proud of the boys.

Reactions: RawMeat
They did, just saw the pic, GSV has it on Instagram.
Obviously that’s a big miss. But Lamar could’ve ended the first half without the fumbles and I don’t think Lutheran would’ve scored. So i can’t really get that upset over it.

I think they would have scored regardless. Lamar was just too sloppy to win . I think Lamar knows they let one get away but LSC was an awesome team

Reactions: l_Pete_l and Jomjam
I think they would have scored regardless. Lamar was just too sloppy to win . I think Lamar knows they let one get away but LSC was an awesome team
So they catch it flag it and LSC kicks a field goal and possibly wins. It’s entirely plausible LSC still wins

The one fumble was a direct TD. And they scored on one play on their side of the felid after the play. I’m just meaning the first half. Not the game. I was more saying “no excuses for the last play. Lamar could’ve played better. It shouldn’t have came down to a possible miss call at the end.

I'm laughing hysterically at the comments about a Class 2 HS being an All-Star team because they are a private school. Then what the freak is Lamar with 10 State Championships in Class 2? Doesn't every kid within a 100 mile radius move to go to Lamar or Webb City. Enough with the private school hatred.

Lamar was a far superior team on the field today. LHS had no answers for their run game. They were switching from a 3 man front to 4 to 5 to 6. Nothing worked.

Lamar's mistakes and choices to continue to kick the ball deep is what lost this game for them. #8 almost broke 2 other times. Why tf do you keep kicking it to him.

Anyhow this was an amazing game between two very good teams that deserved to be there. One of the best State Championship games that I have seen in years.

Weirdos please stop trying to take away from what these kids left on the field tonight with BS about recruiting etc. That's old and played out.

Congrats to both teams, it was an amazing game.

I'm laughing hysterically at the comments about a Class 2 HS being an All-Star team because they are a private school. Then what the freak is Lamar with 10 State Championships in Class 2? Doesn't every kid within a 100 mile radius move to go to Lamar or Webb City. Enough with the private school hatred.

Lamar was a far superior team on the field today. LHS had no answers for their run game. They were switching from a 3 man front to 4 to 5 to 6. Nothing worked.

Lamar's mistakes and choices to continue to kick the ball deep is what lost this game for them. #8 almost broke 2 other times. Why tf do you keep kicking it to him.

Anyhow this was an amazing game between two very good teams that deserved to be there. One of the best State Championship games that I have seen in years.

Weirdos please stop trying to take away from what these kids left on the field tonight with BS about recruiting etc. That's old and played out.

I know hardly anything about St Louis high school sports but It is obvious you don’t know anything about sports in SWMO with that statement. Recruiting does not happen in SWMO like it sounds like it does in the Lou.

Reactions: Saints-1-fan
I know hardly anything about St Louis high school sports but It is obvious you don’t know anything about sports in SWMO with that statement. Recruiting does not happen in SWMO like it sounds like it does in the Lou.
Yeah ok. This wouldn't even be a conversation if Lamar would have won. Enjoy your bitterness.

Yeah ok. This wouldn't even be a conversation if Lamar would have won. Enjoy your bitterness.
Dude, it was a great game. Lamar should’ve won. They didn’t. Congrats to Lutheran. Lamar’s special teams is horrid. I was hoping the rest of the talent could cover it up even against Lutheran?

But it didn’t. For whatever reason everyone can see it, and never did we just kick it out on purpose. I bet it would’ve made a difference. Oh well though. It is what it is.

jsyk Lamar has no big opportunity jobs, nobody is moving to Lamar even with their program. One of the many impressive things about them continuing to win. (Mostly)

Its also 8 rings.

Reactions: VarsitySTLBlues

Great game. Well played. The better team won. Innuendo about unfairness aside, I think most serious fans understand that this game was what HS athletics should be about. Great competition and teams playing their asses off.

I’m am far from bitter and have no issues with Lutheran winning but your statement about recruiting is way out of bounds.
Come spend some time down here and you would see. Have a great weekend.
The same could be said for public schools as private. Yes private schools recruit kids. Duh, it's not a secret. If they don't recruit kids (not all-star athletes), their schools close (like Trinity did). I say it all the time. Lamar, Webb City, Blue Springs (pick one), Kirkwood, Holt, Pattonville, Lafeyette County etc. doesn't have to send coaches out to illegally recruit, the school's success recruit FAMILIES of football players. It's just that simple. It's a dead horse that some idiots keep beating everytime a private school wins a state championship.

Noone cries and says Lamar and Webb City have won too many titles they need to be moved up 2 classes. I know, this is my personal soap box. I'm a public school kid and my kids go to public school. I'm just tired of the same old song and dance from folks who attempt to downplay the hard work that kids and coaches put in by crying foul.

These kids played their asses off from 8 man to Class 6. Let them enjoy their moment and stop the BS.

Lamar - 271 yards rushing
LSC- 70 yards rushing

Lamar - 130 yards passing
LSC- 197 yards passing

Lamar - 22 first downs
LSC- 11 first downs

Lamar- 1 interception
LSC- 1 interception

Lamar- Time of Possession- 33:10
LSC- Time of Possession-14:50

By these stats, Lamar dominated the game. But, the following stats tell a different story.

Lamar- 3 fumbles , 2 lost- one for a 50 yard TD
LSC- 0 fumbles

Special Teams

Lamar- 3 kickoff returns- 25 yards
LSC- 5 kickoff returns- 134 yards One for 88 yard TD

Lamar- Punts 2 for 42 yards Only 8 yards on punt before winning drive
LSC- Punts 2 for 73 yards

Turnovers and special teams were the difference in the game. Lamar has nothing to hang their head about. They played hard to the very end. If the ball had bounced a little different on a couple of occasions, Lamar would be bringing home another championship. They should be back for another chance next year with the junior class loaded and the freshman class is also very good.

Congratulations to Lutheran St. Charles for being the Class 2 State Champions.

Lamar - 271 yards rushing
LSC- 70 yards rushing

Lamar - 130 yards passing
LSC- 197 yards passing

Lamar - 22 first downs
LSC- 11 first downs

Lamar- 1 interception
LSC- 1 interception

Lamar- Time of Possession- 33:10
LSC- Time of Possession-14:50

By these stats, Lamar dominated the game. But, the following stats tell a different story.

Lamar- 3 fumbles , 2 lost- one for a 50 yard TD
LSC- 0 fumbles

Special Teams

Lamar- 3 kickoff returns- 25 yards
LSC- 5 kickoff returns- 134 yards One for 88 yard TD

Lamar- Punts 2 for 42 yards Only 8 yards on punt before winning drive
LSC- Punts 2 for 73 yards

Turnovers and special teams were the difference in the game. Lamar has nothing to hang their head about. They played hard to the very end. If the ball had bounced a little different on a couple of occasions, Lamar would be bringing home another championship. They should be back for another chance next year with the junior class loaded and the freshman class is also very good.

Congratulations to Lutheran St. Charles for being the Class 2 State Champions.
Which is exactly why I'm saying why is anyone crying foul about recruitment and "all-star teams". I don't get it. 😁 Lamar was BY FAR the more talented team. Lutheran capitalized on mistakes and minimized the amount of mistakes that they made. It was a hard fought game by both teams. Very impressive.

The same could be said for public schools as private. Yes private schools recruit kids. Duh, it's not a secret. If they don't recruit kids (not all-star athletes), their schools close (like Trinity did). I say it all the time. Lamar, Webb City, Blue Springs (pick one), Kirkwood, Holt, Pattonville, Lafeyette County etc. doesn't have to send coaches out to illegally recruit, the school's success recruit FAMILIES of football players. It's just that simple. It's a dead horse that some idiots keep beating everytime a private school wins a state championship.

Noone cries and says Lamar and Webb City have won too many titles they need to be moved up 2 classes. I know, this is my personal soap box. I'm a public school kid and my kids go to public school. I'm just tired of the same old song and dance from folks who attempt to downplay the hard work that kids and coaches put in by crying foul.

These kids played their asses off from 8 man to Class 6. Let them enjoy their moment and stop the BS.
I only responded to your post on recruiting. As I stated no problem with Lutheran winning. They deserved to win a great clean played well matched game. The bs was started by you or someone else. Not me.

What you saw on the field from Lamar with the penalties and turnovers was the same thing we watched in the district final, quarter final and semi-final games. Lamar was able to overcome those mistakes in those games but not yesterday. Very good game to watch congratulations to LSC on the state championship.

What you saw on the field from Lamar with the penalties and turnovers was the same thing we watched in the district final, quarter final and semi-final games. Lamar was able to overcome those mistakes in those games but not yesterday. Very good game to watch congratulations to LSC on the state championship.
Yup, that and special teams plagued us all year. But I will say, there’s not a lot of years during this run we haven’t had a fair amount of mistakes covered by great play following the mistakes. This year the ability to do so was off. And it got them in the end. They have things to work on. Excited for next year.

I don't think anyone moves to Lamar so their kid can play football. Could be wrong. What Lamar does is super impressive considering it is not a growing town and they don't have a steady stream of athletes moving there.
Bingo

Typically, Lamar doesn’t have special team weaknesses. This was true of their early state champions who had excellent special teams kickers. This was definitely a factor in yesterday’s game. The one thing I have always liked about Lamar is their sportsmanship and hard work. Also, their coaching has always been very professional. Overall, they have a wonderful program.

Reactions: 503_Maple
I don't think anyone moves to Lamar so their kid can play football. Could be wrong. What Lamar does is super impressive considering it is not a growing town and they don't have a steady stream of athletes moving there.
NO one moves to Lamar. No way you could recruit actively or passively there. It's a nice little town don't get me wrong. But it fairly lacking in opportunity and isolated so there aren't many nearby towns where a family could move just a few miles, still keep the same jobs. Some people, I know many of them, choose to stay in Lamar even though their jobs have gone and they commute to work in Carthage or Joplin.

It's entirely different than Webb City where it's in an area with about 200,000 and people move in not only from outside the region but also from other areas within the metro area. I actually know a few families who moved from Lamar TO Webb City.

Both are very impressive in what they do but honestly Lamar I just can't figure out how they do it. Webbs formula I can wrap my head around.

Reactions: Saints-1-fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT