ADVERTISEMENT

Lutheran St. Charles 33, Lamar 27 FINAL

Lamar driving with about 5 minutes left, best case scenario for the Tigers is they close the game like they started it, by pounding the rock and playing keep away all the way down the field.

Very impressive drive by Lamar ends in a penalty and an 8 yard punt by the Tigers. 2:45 left tied at 27 LSC ball at their own 36.

2nd and 7 and LSC has a go route to win the game but it's a little over thrown. Shwooooo boy

Reactions: Jomjam
wow LSC scores with 6 seconds left from the 2 on 3rd and goal. Incredibly impressed by the play calling on that drive by LSC.

33-27 LSC with 6 seconds left

Reactions: Rufus R. Jones
Nah I ain't going down that road. Lamar was more than up to the task, quite frankly they were outcoached and that was the biggest difference in the game IMO.
Kids really played hard! I had LSC winning by 2-3 TDs but no way to follow all the schools so really didn't get to see much of Lamar this year. Impressive physicality all around.

Reactions: 503_Maple
Nah I ain't going down that road. Lamar was more than up to the task, quite frankly they were outcoached and that was the biggest difference in the game IMO.
*cough* *cough* special teams coach. Haha.

Kids really played hard! I had LSC winning by 2-3 TDs but no way to follow all the schools so really didn't get to see much of Lamar this year. Impressive physicality all around.
Very physical, like the team. Like the freshman coming up even more! Maybe next year. Congrats to Lutheran. Those seniors were good and the difference maker. They went out on top.

Great game! Congrats to LSC. Lamar will be the team to beat next year in class 2 with what they have coming back!

Reactions: Arcola
Very physical like the team. Like the freshman coming up even more! Maybe next year. Congrats to Lutheran. Those seniors were good and the difference maker. They went out on top.
Very classy and agree completely! Upward LSC will go likely to Class 3 next year. Team speed another element I think we've all come to expect from Lamar the past decade plus.

Take away the two fumbles and the punt and? Shoulda coulda woulda. I don’t think those are on the coaches.
The special teams is the main focus. That is lol Doesn’t matter Lutheran won at the end I get that. But it’s been bad all season. Could’ve gave Lutheran the ball around the 35 and take your chances.

Two very very even teams . Lamar made too many mistakes . Hell of a game to watch . Lamar showed incredible class in the loss and it was awesome to see all the hugs and the two teams praying together before the trophy ceremony.
Yup great game.

Couldn’t keep my eyes off the game, it was fun to watch. Hats off to Lamar, sure showed a heck of a lot of fight as did SLC to make the plays needed to win. It was fun. The sportsmanship afterwards was great too, really enjoyed that.

you just gotta love the private school talent.... They need to play up at least 2 classes. STL has found a way to bend the rules.... to there advantage... I despise it...
Lamar was equally across the board as good. Lamar helped aid that Lutheran victory with mistakes. (Just reality, not taking anything away from them) Lamar will get back to the grindstone and those freshman/now sophomores and be ready to compete for it again. Was that Lutheran’s first title??

Reactions: VarsitySTLBlues
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT