ADVERTISEMENT

Lutheran St. Charles 33, Lamar 27 FINAL

NO one moves to Lamar. No way you could recruit actively or passively there. It's a nice little town don't get me wrong. But it fairly lacking in opportunity and isolated so there aren't many nearby towns where a family could move just a few miles, still keep the same jobs. Some people, I know many of them, choose to stay in Lamar even though their jobs have gone and they commute to work in Carthage or Joplin.

It's entirely different than Webb City where it's in an area with about 200,000 and people move in not only from outside the region but also from other areas within the metro area. I actually know a few families who moved from Lamar TO Webb City.

Both are very impressive in what they do but honestly Lamar I just can't figure out how they do it. Webbs formula I can wrap my head around.
Lamar has been blessed both by great coaching and some very fortunate genetics. What gets me every year is how they manage to field guys not only in the trenches who are as big as they are, but also at the skill spots as well. They consistently have guys in the backfield pushing 190-200+, in my day that's how big the lineman were in C2.

NO one moves to Lamar. No way you could recruit actively or passively there. It's a nice little town don't get me wrong. But it fairly lacking in opportunity and isolated so there aren't many nearby towns where a family could move just a few miles, still keep the same jobs. Some people, I know many of them, choose to stay in Lamar even though their jobs have gone and they commute to work in Carthage or Joplin.

It's entirely different than Webb City where it's in an area with about 200,000 and people move in not only from outside the region but also from other areas within the metro area. I actually know a few families who moved from Lamar TO Webb City.

Both are very impressive in what they do but honestly Lamar I just can't figure out how they do it. Webbs formula I can wrap my head around.
Heavy recruiting from the nearest town (not city) in each direction. Liberal, Sheldon, Golden City and Jasper😊😏😂

Lamar has been blessed both by great coaching and some very fortunate genetics. What gets me every year is how they manage to field guys not only in the trenches who are as big as they are, but also at the skill spots as well. They consistently have guys in the backfield pushing 190-200+, in my day that's how big the lineman were in C2.
I don’t know a whole lot about them but I would guess a lot of it is they are probably really good in the weight room. I think they develop their kids and they work extremely hard. I always look at some of the most consistent programs or coaches in the state and if they’re a public school usually their coach is outstanding in the Weight Room. Most schools will have a class or two come through that are really good but the ones that maintain it for a decade or more are the ones who develop kids in the weight room and are great teachers in there. I would love to know what every school does and the different philosophies that coaches have in there.

Lol. It's the same thing EVERY YEAR. Some folks need some new material.
Can you tell me what happened on the 12 man TD to win the game. I didn't watch it nor have I heard any details. ? If the refs had called it, would Luth have had time to run another play although 5 yds further back or would the game be over... ?

Can you tell me what happened on the 12 man TD to win the game. I didn't watch it nor have I heard any details. ? If the refs had called it, would Luth have had time to run another play although 5 yds further back or would the game be over... ?
A possible field goal. But re read all comments. Lamar could’ve played better, they didn’t. And lost. But yes that was a fairly big (if you don’t look at all previous play before hand) non call.

Field goals in HS football are not guaranteed

Heavy recruiting from the nearest town (not city) in each direction. Liberal, Sheldon, Golden City and Jasper😊😏😂
So that is why Golden City, Sheldon, and Liberals
football dynasties have fallen? LOL
I do NOT mean to be disrespectful with my next comment, but this is true - - -> Golden City and Liberal would fight for "worst team in history", and good ol Sheldon, until the Coop did they ever even play football?

A possible field goal. But re read all comments. Lamar could’ve played better, they didn’t. And lost. But yes that was a fairly big (if you don’t look at all previous play before hand) non call.

Field goals in HS football are not guaranteed
I mean an 8 yard punt and 3 Fumbles didn’t help Lamar

There is no other way to slice it, that was a huge non-call and it will haunt what was an otherwise spectacular game for all eternity. Did it dramatically influence the game? No probably not, but Lamar fans and anti-privates alike will argue that fact.

There is no other way to slice it, that was a huge non-call and it will haunt what was an otherwise spectacular game for all eternity. Did it dramatically influence the game? No probably not, but Lamar fans and anti-privates alike will argue that fact.

You might expect that kind of pre-meditated cheating from us Catholics maybe, but Lutherans? This is a little known fact, and this is true, but Martin Luther had a 96th Thesis: "Never shall more participate than that which is allowed in the Book of Rules." He'd be disappointed.

Nope. Nobody is arguing that. People can’t read lmao. I’ve and other have stated there’s plenty else that could’ve been done to prevent that at the end even being a deal.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Population of each.
Liberal 719
Sheldon 519
Golden City 723
Jasper 965
🤣
Lamar 4,306
I will say there are plenty of kids playing for or have recently played for Lamar, Webb, and Carthage that had parents and grandparents that were former Jasper athletes. Why? It's closer to where these parents work now and there isn't a lot to keep them in Jasper anymore. One Webb offensive lineman had a Jasper all-state grandfather from the 70s. He's continuing the family tradition, just in a different town.

Reactions: VarsitySTLBlues
I will say there are plenty of kids playing for or have recently played for Lamar, Webb, and Carthage that had parents and grandparents that were former Jasper athletes. Why? It's closer to where these parents work now and there isn't a lot to keep them in Jasper anymore. One Webb offensive lineman had a Jasper all-state grandfather from the 70s. He's continuing the family tradition, just in a different town.
I can see that but Carthage and Webb have jobs and Joplin nearby. Not Lamar.

Population of each.
Liberal 719
Sheldon 519
Golden City 723
Jasper 965
🤣
Lamar 4,306
Lamar has benefited from like 3 kids who were studs, who has parents originally from the town or one parent. And then because there was no football, or bad football at that schooo decided driving 10 more miles to work wasn’t much of a deal.

The only thing interesting is the last sentence.
Don't get me wrong, this is a horrible story line and sucks for Lamar that the refs didn't catch this. This is why we need instant replay in HS football 🤣. What this article doesn't point out is how many Holding Penalties (by Lamar) were ignored. The questionable pass interference calls late in the game. The late hit out of bounds by the kicker. The officials are human and they make errors.

Also, it was an inside run between the tackles. The extra receiver had little to do with the ability to stop a 2 yard rush. Sure the alignment of the Defensive Secondary might have been adjusted, but it also could have been less guys in the box if Lamar didn't count 12 guys. Who in the hell knows.

What those who weren't there didn't see was the incredible sportsmanship by both programs (kids and coaches) after the game. Noone was crying foul. The only folks b**ching about it are the pot stirrers who won't be happy unless Lamar wins every state title until the end of time lol

Private school graduated refs. They need to use the multiplier and success formula to move these refs up. Next year they will be moved up to class 5 next year for the crews successful achievement of letting 12 men in the field. I love it
Madork

Don't get me wrong, this is a horrible story line and sucks for Lamar that the refs didn't catch this. This is why we need instant replay in HS football 🤣. What this article doesn't point out is how many Holding Penalties (by Lamar) were ignored. The questionable pass interference calls late in the game. The late hit out of bounds by the kicker. The officials are human and they make errors.

Also, it was an inside run between the tackles. The extra receiver had little to do with the ability to stop a 2 yard rush. Sure the alignment of the Defensive Secondary might have been adjusted, but it also could have been less guys in the box if Lamar didn't count 12 guys. Who in the hell knows.

What those who weren't there didn't see was the incredible sportsmanship by both programs (kids and coaches) after the game. Noone was crying foul. The only folks b**ching about it are the pot stirrers who won't be happy unless Lamar wins every state title until the end of time lol
Zero Lamar fans have bitched about it. I’m the only regular on here. The rest have said nothing but Lamar did more to lose game then refs messing up final play.

GSV who posted that fan bitching about the non call posted a fan of whole other team who just knew someone in Lamar and bitched about it. That wasn’t even a Lamar fan. Lol. I’m sure there’s a few out there who blame that final call as the “reason they lost”. Every team has fans like that. But there’s not a large portion of people who are fans complaining about it.

Zero Lamar fans have bitched about it. I’m the only regular on here. The rest have said nothing but Lamar did more to lose game then refs messing up final play.
Maybe not on this forum sir. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter might disagree.

Maybe not on this forum sir. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter might disagree.
Yes, I’m sure there’s 4 or 5 people. Check profiles. I haven’t seen many names I know. I live in the town lol 😂

Most people are not even talking about it now. But Sunday when I was at church. most were far more disgusted with the fact they could’ve won if they played better then that non call.

You are most likely correct in that assessment, but there are still more blue collar opportunities in Lamar than those other places. Also, if some folks do still prefer a small town home life with a commute to the cities for work, I'd say Lamar is more convenient to live in that those other towns. You still have more resources, such as groceries, etc, and no, Dollar Generals are not grocery stores. Plus Lamar's conference opponents are probably more exciting destinations to road trip to than the other mentioned 'burgs.

MSHSAA deleting the tweet of the "Winning" TD tells you all you need to know! I kind of feel bad for Lutheran SC also, as there is little doubt this will always be a somewhat tainted win. Now one knows the final outcome if the penalty had been called, and that is the problem. State Championship game officials must at a minimum get the basics right.

MSHSAA deleting the tweet of the "Winning" TD tells you all you need to know! I kind of feel bad for Lutheran SC also, as there is little doubt this will always be a somewhat tainted win. Now one knows the final outcome if the penalty had been called, and that is the problem. State Championship game officials must at a minimum get the basics right.
Trust me, their win will never be tainted. They are State Champions and they will tell their grandchildren that. They won't say we were Class 2 State Champions. They will tell their wives and children that in 2021, they were the best team in the State.

Which is why I HATE that we have (6/7) State Champions in any sport. There should be only one! CBC, St. Mary's, Webb City etc. are all CLASS Champions. If CBC and St. Mary's faced off, my money is on St. Mary's.

I say drop districts (what's the purpose of a conference then) and have Class Champions who playoff for a TRUE state championship.

There can be only 1

Good question and another is what happened to the targeting hit called out by the two announcers I believe in the third quarter. Anyone with access to the game could take screen shot of it and post like the 12 man shot.The announcers called 33 on Lutheran team for making the hit.That talk disappeared faster than Joe Biden mail in votes! Again 33 on Lutheran team made hit! OH wait ! I may have just answered my own question ! !

Mistakes and bad calls are a part of every sport. When they happen early in a game, you have time to overcome and the better team usually can. But when they happen at the end of a game, there's no time to overcome. Anyone who has played a lot of competitive sports know what I'm talking about.

Trust me, their win will never be tainted. They are State Champions and they will tell their grandchildren that. They won't say we were Class 2 State Champions. They will tell their wives and children that in 2021, they were the best team in the State.

Which is why I HATE that we have (6/7) State Champions in any sport. There should be only one! CBC, St. Mary's, Webb City etc. are all CLASS Champions. If CBC and St. Mary's faced off, my money is on St. Mary's.

I say drop districts (what's the purpose of a conference then) and have Class Champions who playoff for a TRUE state championship.

There can be only 1
No the system is fine. Just like any phrasing someone decides to use. You say that like it’s not true if someone states they are “state champions” instead of “class 2 state champions” there’s no difference in regards to needing to state such a thing. Anyone with much care into if someone plays or even likes football in the first place knows there’s classes and differing state champions.

It doesn’t need distinguished. You are assuming ignorance on people, and those phrases being vastly different. It’s not a big deal, nor does it need changed. LSC is class 2 state champions, however people who are fans or like them can phrase it however they please.

Do you believe that Division III school should have to play division 1 schools in college playoffs? Where does this lunacy end? There’s different abilities for schools in size so there are different classes. You get to see just how good schools are in varying circumstances especially based on size of school. Saint Marys having one of the more rare smaller school talent levels being used as your example for being able to possibly beat CBC it’s not only something you don’t actually know if it would happen, it’s not a good enough reason to just to take away all classes.

Last edited:
Who cares how many state champs there are. As usual adults worry about the wrong things in life. Why would you even care about this is beyond me.

• Haha
Reactions: 503_Maple
Who cares how many state champs there are. As usual adults worry about the wrong things in life. Why would you even care about this is beyond me.
We are having a discussion about the “need” for there to be one. Instead of 6! Lmao. Adults have more important things to care about? Must not be you, you are on here. Mike you are the weakest link. I would say I can’t believe you stated adults have more important things to care about while being on the same message board and deciding to comment on the topic? But I’m not. The stupidity you show everyday just aligns with that perfectly.

He was whining about there’s needing to be one. Instead of 6! Lmao. That’s pretty bad counter bub. It’s just whining in another direction. I think I’m having a conversation? Adults have more important things to care about? Must not be you, you are on here. Mike you are the weakest link.
LOl I'm the weakest link. It isn't always about you all star. My post was directed at him. You're so hard bent at coming at me you can't even figure out what what I'm talking about.

How about you you actually talk about the game boomer

LOl I'm the weakest link. It isn't always about you all star. My post was directed at him. You're so hard bent at coming at me you can't even figure out what what I'm talking about.

How about you you actually talk about the game boomer
You @ me. Dummy lol

*Then changed it but that’s ok*

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT