ADVERTISEMENT

Lutheran St. Charles 33, Lamar 27 FINAL

No the system is fine. Just like any phrasing someone decides to use. You say that like it’s not true if someone states they are “state champions” instead of “class 2 state champions” there’s no difference in regards to needing to state such a thing. Anyone with much care into if someone plays or even likes football in the first place knows there’s classes and differing state champions.

It doesn’t need distinguished. You are assuming ignorance on people, and those phrases being vastly different. It’s not a big deal, nor does it need changed. LSC is class 2 state champions, however people who are fans or like them can phrase it however they please.

Do you believe that Division III school should have to play division 1 schools in college playoffs? Where does this lunacy end? There’s different abilities for schools in size so there are different classes. You get to see just how good schools are in varying circumstances especially based on size of school. Saint Marys having one of the more rare smaller school talent levels being used as your example for being able to possibly beat CBC it’s not only something you don’t actually know if it would happen, it’s not a good enough reason to just to take away all classes.
We all have our reasons and opinions and like always I respect yours. I did play college ball and remember a kid from Class 1A (showing my age) bragging about being a state champion and gloating about being the best in the state. Never once did this young man say that they were the best in the small school division. Not once. I always allowed him to have his moment, but in my head I was frustrated and knew that if his small school would have played us (7A champs - No I'm not originally from Missouri), that their starting 11 would have went home on stretchers. I am aware that this is a personal battle of mine and that there are plenty of people who feel that there should be 10 State Championship teams or Individuals in sports such as wrestling etc. I am one of the guys who believes that there should be only one. I'm not a participation trophy kind of guy. But I'm also not judging those who are.

It's just MY opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
nope never @ you but whatever homie.
You called yourself coming @ me. That's funny man. I'm not the one to come at as I respect everyone's opinion. No reason to come AT me. Just share your opinion and leave it at that.

If you wouldn't have the balls to come AT me over a beer in public based on my opinions, don't be a tough guy behind your thumbs.

Adults have better things to do than be judgemental assholes on a public forum.

Reactions: LHSTiger81
Trust me, their win will never be tainted. They are State Champions and they will tell their grandchildren that. They won't say we were Class 2 State Champions. They will tell their wives and children that in 2021, they were the best team in the State.

Which is why I HATE that we have (6/7) State Champions in any sport. There should be only one! CBC, St. Mary's, Webb City etc. are all CLASS Champions. If CBC and St. Mary's faced off, my money is on St. Mary's.

I say drop districts (what's the purpose of a conference then) and have Class Champions who playoff for a TRUE state championship.

There can be only 1
Ya CBC would destroy St. Marys....

We all have our reasons and opinions and like always I respect yours. I did play college ball and remember a kid from Class 1A (showing my age) bragging about being a state champion and gloating about being the best in the state. Never once did this young man say that they were the best in the small school division. Not once. I always allowed him to have his moment, but in my head I was frustrated and knew that if his small school would have played us (7A champs - No I'm not originally from Missouri), that their starting 11 would have went home on stretchers. I am aware that this is a personal battle of mine and that there are plenty of people who feel that there should be 10 State Championship teams or Individuals in sports such as wrestling etc. I am one of the guys who believes that there should be only one. I'm not a participation trophy kind of guy. But I'm also not judging those who are.

It's just MY opinion.
are you from Illinois? This feels like its very Illinois (class 1 and class 7)

You called yourself coming @ me. That's funny man. I'm not the one to come at as I respect everyone's opinion. No reason to come AT me. Just share your opinion and leave it at that.

If you wouldn't have the balls to come AT me over a beer in public based on my opinions, don't be a tough guy behind your thumbs.

@VarsitySTLBlues and @USArmyMike I saw you two at Harpos after the class 2 championship game!
R.e4f5493761b416ed3a73969e0dbee2df

No the system is fine. Just like any phrasing someone decides to use. You say that like it’s not true if someone states they are “state champions” instead of “class 2 state champions” there’s no difference in regards to needing to state such a thing. Anyone with much care into if someone plays or even likes football in the first place knows there’s classes and differing state champions.

It doesn’t need distinguished. You are assuming ignorance on people, and those phrases being vastly different. It’s not a big deal, nor does it need changed. LSC is class 2 state champions, however people who are fans or like them can phrase it however they please.

Do you believe that Division III school should have to play division 1 schools in college playoffs? Where does this lunacy end? There’s different abilities for schools in size so there are different classes. You get to see just how good schools are in varying circumstances especially based on size of school. Saint Marys having one of the more rare smaller school talent levels being used as your example for being able to possibly beat CBC it’s not only something you don’t actually know if it would happen, it’s not a good enough reason to just to take away all classes.
Yeah I really don't understand these fellows that hammer down on this whole we need 1 champion and everything else is participation trophy. Your analogy between D1 and D2 or whatever is perfect. I can't fathom how anyone would think lumping in Jasper or a tiny school in Shelby Co together with Blue Springs or CBC is a good idea. It's unsafe and totally illogical.

At the end of the day what we want is for more kids to play and to enjoy playing and breaking apart classifications advances this goal. There ARE NO participation trophies, only districts and other major milestones - as there should be. In spite of what it's called, the goal of state championship process is not to identify the single most powerful team across the entirely of all football statewide however some black and white thinking, probably older boomer guys seem to get hung up on this.

I will say there are plenty of kids playing for or have recently played for Lamar, Webb, and Carthage that had parents and grandparents that were former Jasper athletes. Why? It's closer to where these parents work now and there isn't a lot to keep them in Jasper anymore. One Webb offensive lineman had a Jasper all-state grandfather from the 70s. He's continuing the family tradition, just in a different town.
Does he have last name of Tiller. Played against one of them, a wormington too. Damn good ball players.

Yeah I really don't understand these fellows that hammer down on this whole we need 1 champion and everything else is participation trophy. Your analogy between D1 and D2 or whatever is perfect. I can't fathom how anyone would think lumping in Jasper or a tiny school in Shelby Co together with Blue Springs or CBC is a good idea. It's unsafe and totally illogical.

At the end of the day what we want is for more kids to play and to enjoy playing and breaking apart classifications advances this goal. There ARE NO participation trophies, only districts and other major milestones - as there should be. In spite of what it's called, the goal of state championship process is not to identify the single most powerful team across the entirely of all football statewide however some black and white thinking, probably older boomer guys seem to get hung up on this.

Yeah, really, if people only want one champion, shouldn't there only be a national champion? Or a world champion?

Yeah, really, if people only want one champion, shouldn't there only be a national champion? Or a world champion?
If you follow his awful logical tread line. You’d also have to wonder why is Missouri football championship good enough? Could you beat Kansas or Oklahoma’s champion? Who knows. It never ends.

Reactions: VarsitySTLBlues
This was another thing that urked me... why the NBA Champions consider themselves World Champions. It's the same concept. Ahhhhh my spectrum disorder is really showing now. Yes. I like things to be black and white.

Reactions: runbillyrun
If you follow his awful logical tread line. You’d also have to wonder why is Missouri football championship good enough? Could you beat Kansas or Oklahoma’s champion? Who knows. It never ends.
It would be GREAT if there was a State Tournament to determine a national title. Absolutely amazing. The best team from each state competing as representation and bragging rights. Who would knock off Georgia, Florida, Texas etc. Great Idea

It's just MY opinion.
You could have, nay, YOU SHOULD HAVE ...
made mention that you thought your class 7 team just might beat hell out of his class 1 team.

You could have, nay, YOU SHOULD HAVE ...
made mention that you thought your class 7 team just might beat hell out of his class 1 team.
That's not me. I never want to piss on someones glory intentionally. He was a great guy, but you couldn't tell him anything when it came to his glory days 🤣

Reactions: runbillyrun
Trinity would
tenor.gif
every state championship team! FOR REAL!
It would be GREAT if there was a State Tournament to determine a national title. Absolutely amazing. The best team from each state competing as representation and bragging rights. Who would knock off Georgia, Florida, Texas etc. Great Idea
Wait a second. Wasn't there some poster from GA who ranted and raved about a "little ole high school" in GA and that they had won like 6 or 7 national titles......

• Haha
Reactions: BoosterBosko

*tough guy behind thumbs calls out tough guy behind thumbs*

🙄

If you are really offended I think complaining about the # of state champs there are in high school sports then Idk what to tell you.

Numb nuts thought I tagged him which is commonly used with this @. Which is what the post you quoted was referring too. Get some thinker skin all star

Last edited:

It's just MY opinion.
How is it a participation trophy? A rural community of 900-1,100 people in the town barely with a Casey’s general store and 23 boys on the roster in your mind didn’t win state because they didn’t play East STL. That is your argument. This isn’t even close to a participation trophy. A group of schools regurdless of city size that have similar enrollment are put into a class and the last one remaining wins the title. You’re argument is ****ing stupid. I don’t respect it at all. Lol I respect a BPcompete argument or two more then this. Never thought I’d say that. For comparisons. Yes, it’s definitely a uh? Opinion? But it’s so wrong lol Never seen one person ask for 10. I think you have a hang up and everyone on here is laughing.

Last edited:
How is it a participation trophy? A rural community of 900-1,100 people in the town barely with a Casey’s general store and 23 boys on the roster in your mind didn’t win state because they didn’t play East STL. That is your argument. This isn’t even close to a participation trophy. A group of schools regurdless of city size that have similar enrollment are put into a class and the last one remaining wins the title. You’re argument is ****ing stupid. I don’t respect it at all. Lol I respect a BPcompete argument or two more then this. Never thought I’d say that. For comparisons. Yes, it’s definitely a uh? Opinion? But it’s so wrong lol Never seen one person ask for 10. I think you have a hang up and everyone on here is laughing.
Like I said brother it's my opinion. The fact that you struggle to respect others opinions and keep feeling the need to argue your case shows your ignorance. You are not ALWAYS right, you debate everyone on these forums that don't align with your small town theories. Just remember this...I said Lutheran was going to and going to win state week 1, back when you were cheering for Hallsville. Then you tried to counter with, don't forget/don't count out every other public school that they faced. For you to discredit my view points is a joke in itself. Are you QAnon as well?

• Haha
Reactions: Taco Tico
Like I said brother it's my opinion. The fact that you struggle to respect others opinions and keep feeling the need to argue your case shows your ignorance. You are not ALWAYS right, you debate everyone on these forums that don't align with your small town theories. Just remember this...I said Lutheran was going to and going to win state week 1, back when you were cheering for Hallsville. Then you tried to counter with, don't forget/don't count out every other public school that they faced. For you to discredit my view points is a joke in itself. Are you QAnon as well?
No, I’m just right lmao.

Nope, you don’t know anything man. Lamar fan here, thought Hallsville was good never stated even once they’d win state. Lamar SHOULDVE WON state. But didn’t stop making mistakes that let LSC back in. Lamar looked better in almost all phases until they started making game altering mistakes. LSC capitalized. Kudos on that btw. It’s just reality.

Yes actually I’m Qanon because you’re opnion is stupid and I stated it as such. Nobody on here agrees with your opinion . Don’t you think at some point it’s maybe YOUR opinion, but it’s wrong? Lol It doesn’t make sense.

Yes you said they would. (They should’ve lost) Lamar shot themselves in the foot. Fumble free game and Lamar wins tick for tat. But that’s FOOTBALL. No excuses, it’s just how football works. YOU acted like LSC would win by any score they wanted. So did many others on here. I pushed back on how certain you were. They proved your certainty wasn’t warranted. Lamar COULD'VE won.

Last edited:
No, I’m just right lmao.

Nope, you don’t know anything man. Lamar fan here, thought Hallsville was good never stated even once they’d win state. Lamar SHOULDVE WON state. But didn’t stop making mistakes that let LSC back in. Lamar looked better in almost all phases until they started making game altering mistakes. LSC capitalized. Kudos on that btw. It’s just reality.

Yes actually I’m Qanon because you’re opnion is stupid and I stated it as such. Nobody on here agrees with your opinion . Don’t you think at some point it’s maybe YOUR opinion, but it’s wrong? Lol It doesn’t make sense.

Yes you said they would. (They should’ve lost) Lamar shot themselves in the foot. Fumble free game and Lamar wins tick for tat. But that’s FOOTBALL. No excuses, it’s just how football works. YOU acted like LSC would win by any score they wanted. So did many others on here. I pushed back on how certain you were. They proved your certainty wasn’t warranted. Lamar COULD'VE won.
That again proves my point. It's my opinion. Doesn't mean that I am saying other people are wrong just because I feel a different way.

Here is what I hear constantly on MO SPORTS...
1. Make the private schools have their own state championship, we don't want to play "All-Star" teams.
2. Private schools recruit.
3. Don't forget about rural Missouri
4. Private schools recruit.
5. We should have as many state champions as possible to ensure that the rural schools aren't left out.

Maybe I wouldn't feel as strongly as I do if there wasn't so many pushing for division. Most arguments here are in an effort to pave a way for someone's favorite team to be champions.

Why wouldn't Webb City supporters want to see them face off against CBC? If they are scared of competition, how can they be champions? I'm not saying that Class 1 - 6 champions shouldn't exist. But you are so hell bent on proving me wrong 🤣.

I'm simply stating that not all teams in Missouri should make the playoffs. Get rid of "Districts" and maybe add a round or two in which the Class 1 champion faces the Class 2 champion. Maybe this winner plays the winner of 3 & 4.

You can still have the Class champion but the best teams in the state should play each other. No not saying necessarily that class 1 should play class 6. But there are some matchups that would be good to see. Not Lamar running the table every year in Class 2 and that's it. Lets see Smithville vs. Lutheran. St. Mary's vs. Webb City this weekend!

We currently waste a week or two of good football with the current system. 90% of 1st & 2nd round match ups in districts are blow outs.

R.22839f9c07428a7cc088a11df91c501f

How about we get back to the original discussion instead of measuring dic**. This story is now national. All the while MSHSAA is doing its best to bury the play and all comments on their social media platforms. They should not have hid from this. The coverup is usually worse than the crime.

How about we get back to the original discussion instead of measuring dic**. This story is now national. All the while MSHSAA is doing its best to bury the play and all comments on their social media platforms. They should not have hid from this. The coverup is usually worse than the crime.

Bury it by making there expensive streams nearly unwatchable?

Exactly. It's not a real productive line of logic, given the stated mission of interscholastic sports as an extension of the classroom and not an end unto itself.

It's really not that complicated. It was a mistake, probably an honest one albeit particularly egregious in the eyes of John Q Public because it favored a private school. Just own it, say it was a very unfortunate mistake, officiating is done by humans. Anyone who has watched sports has seen bad or missed calls. Nothing new here. It's always upsetting.

This one was just a very visible non-subjective penalty at a VERY critical point in the game. Offer an apology and move on. It's not like they can do anything else at this point. It's not fair to the winner who in all likelihood could have won regardless.

This is what MSHSAA gets for the money they spend on their directors. Folks who only know how to bury and ignore difficult PR situations.

What is crazy is Lutheran State Charles received major help from the referees in the girls basketball state title game last year too. I hadn't made this connection until now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT