ADVERTISEMENT

Controversy in Slater with

I think Scotland will go soon. Carper did a good job saving them from it but he is gone now. Westran will go soon too.

If I'm a smaller Class 1 school I'm telling all the dudes thinking about going 8 man to wait a year or two.

Reactions: woim
I think Scotland will go soon. Carper did a good job saving them from it but he is gone now. Westran will go soon too.
Saving them from what? 8 Man football is football... If you look down on it because it has only 8 on a side and not 11 then you are part of the PROBLEM. Every program that has gone to 8 man has seen participation rates climb at EVERY school. The reason.. younger players can play jv ball instead of getting their head mashed by Seniors that could play on any 11 man team in the state. Jacob Caffey Alex Rhinehardt Kemper Klien Blake Schoder Landon Gardner along with a whole slew of others would dominate at any level of ball. Same as in Class one 11 man the Kitchen kid from Westran is a beast. Asking a freshman or non mature sophmore to block him puts everyone at risk. Stop with the pride and let your kids compete with kids their same age.

Saving them from what? 8 Man football is football... If you look down on it because it has only 8 on a side and not 11 then you are part of the PROBLEM. Every program that has gone to 8 man has seen participation rates climb at EVERY school. The reason.. younger players can play jv ball instead of getting their head mashed by Seniors that could play on any 11 man team in the state. Jacob Caffey Alex Rhinehardt Kemper Klien Blake Schoder Landon Gardner along with a whole slew of others would dominate at any level of ball. Same as in Class one 11 man the Kitchen kid from Westran is a beast. Asking a freshman or non mature sophmore to block him puts everyone at risk. Stop with the pride and let your kids compete with kids their same age.
giphy.gif

Here, here! Kane knows whats up! 8 man football is GREAT for nap taking!!

I think every school would want to remain in the traditional 11 man format until they just could not compete at the level anymore for reasons you mentioned and others. I was just trying to say Carper did a good job keeping a school that needs to be 8 man at the 11 man level and keeping them relatively competitive.

I personally do not care what schools go 8 man. Schools need to do whatever is best for their student athletes.

That being said, I watched Kitchen play this year and I watched a freshman block and tackle him. Freshman lived to tell about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT