ADVERTISEMENT

Controversy in Slater with

Will Slater even be able to complete an 8-man schedule at this point? It seems most schools have that already borderline finished except for a few with openings here and there.

Will Slater even be able to complete an 8-man schedule at this point? It seems most schools have that already borderline finished except for a few with openings here and there.
138442418_mario-lopez-saved-by-the-bell-zoom-4094d30e-00b4-410e-9eba-db705342ca91.jpg

Veer and I may disagree on a number of things, (well mainly OU stuff) but he makes a good point. If a team is consistently winning, they are not going to drop down to 8-man if even if they only have 25 kids on the team year in and year out.

Veer and I may disagree on a number of things, (well mainly OU stuff) but he makes a good point. If a team is consistently winning, they are not going to drop down to 8-man if even if they only have 25 kids on the team year in and year out.

I do not disagree with this. I just think: who cares?

Reactions: HomeyR
8manfootball REALLY cares
I can't really blame him for caring... being in the media that promotes 8-man, it's good for business to have as many schools as possible jump on board. It makes the 8 classification more legit and more competitive. Will Class 1 really be hurt if every school with 150 or below went 8? Doubt it.

I can't really blame him for caring... being in the media that promotes 8-man, it's good for business to have as many schools as possible jump on board. It makes the 8 classification more legit and more competitive. Will Class 1 really be hurt if every school with 150 or below went 8? Doubt it.
I don't know that class 1 is hurt at all outside of the contracts being broken.

and easy wins.

and easy wins.
Easy fix... mandate every school at 150 play 8-man. No more broken contracts. Also, easy wins would disappear as 150 & below plays each other and 150 & above take care of business in 11.

Easy fix... mandate every school at 150 play 8-man. No more broken contracts. Also, easy wins would disappear as 150 & below plays each other and 150 & above take care of business in 11.
Some small schools still hanging in there.
I cannot for the life of me find a way to picture Larry Burchett coaching 8 man.

That's like one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Veer 2:25

Actually makes my job exponentially harder. I don’t get paid to cover 8-man, do it on my own accord to give kids the coverage they deserve despite being at smaller schools. I can tell you covering 8-man was a lot easier at 24 teams than 40+ teams.

Reactions: Baldguy
Actually makes my job exponentially harder. I don’t get paid to cover 8-man, do it on my own accord to give kids the coverage they deserve despite being at smaller schools. I can tell you covering 8-man was a lot easier at 24 teams than 40+ teams.
That is true if you are strictly volunteering. Wow. It is so appreciated however.

Reactions: Mo8ManFootball

and easy wins.
The only issue I could see hurting Class 1 is a scenario where schools just over the 150 cut off playing schools close to 300 plus which could be awfully rough. I think capping Class 1 at 32-40 teams could alleviate this. I also think going back to 2 year commitments would make life a lot easier and hold schools to it. Allowing schools to break contracts at the last second is not doing anybody justice 8 man or 11 man.

The only issue I could see hurting Class 1 is a scenario where schools just over the 150 cut off playing schools close to 300 plus which could be awfully rough. I think capping Class 1 at 32-40 teams could alleviate this. I also think going back to 2 year commitments would make life a lot easier and hold schools to it. Allowing schools to break contracts at the last second is not doing anybody justice 8 man or 11 man.
Class 1 will be capped at 32 or 48. Mshsaa has tabled it for because they are not capable of making a decision that wont benefit class 6 schools

Reactions: Curl/Flat Combo
expect more schools to announce they are going 8 man. I can't say who yet but at least 1 for sure, maybe up to 3. (think L&C )

Scotland, Salisbury and Westran have all been rumored with Scotland being most likely.

Scots, wha hae wi' Wallace bled,
Scots, wham Bruce has aften led;
Welcome to your gory bed,
Or to victory!

Now's the day, and now's the hour;
See the front o' battle lour;
See approach proud Edward's power—
Chains and slavery!

Wha will be a traitor knave?
Wha can fill a coward's grave!
Wha sae base as be a slave?
Let him turn and flee!

Wha for Scotland's king and law
Freedom's sword will strongly draw,
Freeman stand, or freeman fa',
Let him follow me!

By oppression's woes and pains!
By your sons in servile chains!
We will drain our dearest veins,
But they shall be free!

Lay the proud usurpers low!
Tyrants fall in every foe!
Liberty's in every blow!—
Let us do or die!

Westran would surprise me. Isn't their coach one of the dudes on the football committee tasked with "saving" Class 1 football?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT