ADVERTISEMENT

Bots....again?

shoot90draw

Sep 15, 2005
So I woke up to three pages of bot threads. I did a quick glance at the other forums. Those do not appear to have new bot threads.

Hopefully this is a short lived attack.

Update: I went and checked a few of the joined dates on these new threads. Most joined in early July 2024. But at least one joined back in 2020! So my theory is that these were existing bot accounts already on MoSports. Probably ones I haven't hit 'ignore' on yet.

During the peak of the attack, I stopped ignoring and went into "virus mode". Just let this thing runs it's course. Now I'm blocking everyone I see on the football forum
The pattern now is wash, rinse, repeat. Multiple threads by a single account plus they are liking each other's threads. It all smells to high heaven. The mushroom cloud may rise from south side of KMO after all.................

They did come in and delete my post and seems like all old accounts so maybe they made Registration harder for bots but they did nothing to existing. A very low level response lol
Some of these date to 2020 so I'd still say yeah there is a mod lurking out there but Rivals itself didn't fix the issue at all.

This morning I had several threads but only from 2 bot accounts. Hit ignore on one post from each. Refreshed the page. Bam! No drug dealers. Wish fighting drugs was that easy back in high school!
They are not going to win but remember Friday-Sunday was the major assault last time. AGAIN if you did ignores you should not see most of them.

I keep seeing, when logging off, the bots are definitely on the attack but I already have all those accounts on ignore so am seeing ZERO of them thankfully. Hope everyone is taking the few minutes it takes to do the same!

Reactions: Albert C. Slater
This morning at 6:47am, I first checked MoSports. I saw 4 posts. All were from the same bot account 'JamesBrown' followed by some numbers. That account joined MoSports on July 9th, 2024.

I think its confirmed. Rivals shut the door so new bots won't hopefully show up. So if you're still hitting 'ignore', the attacks will only get smaller and smaller. Weak response by Rivals but at least we should survive now

This morning at 6:47am, I first checked MoSports. I saw 4 posts. All were from the same bot account 'JamesBrown' followed by some numbers. That account joined MoSports on July 9th, 2024.

I think its confirmed. Rivals shut the door so new bots won't hopefully show up. So if you're still hitting 'ignore', the attacks will only get smaller and smaller. Weak response by Rivals but at least we should survive now
Agreed as I must have already got that one account because I had 0 this morning

Here's an interesting update. I got some new bot threads on page one. The thread was originally posted on July 9th, 2024 and it said that an ignored member replied. So I did not have the bot who originally posted the thread on ignore (I do now) but the bot who replied was on ignore.

Its like the bots are bumping their own threads!! Taking our strategy I see. This smells of desperation. Because as we hit 'ignore' that pool of bots grows smaller and smaller!

Here's an interesting update. I got some new bot threads on page one. The thread was originally posted on July 9th, 2024 and it said that an ignored member replied. So I did not have the bot who originally posted the thread on ignore (I do now) but the bot who replied was on ignore.

Its like the bots are bumping their own threads!! Taking our strategy I see. This smells of desperation. Because as we hit 'ignore' that pool of bots grows smaller and smaller!
💯 which is why the ignore is the best option, they clearly are showing rivals has made it not worth their time to make new accounts or they cant

Guys here is some good good news I have ZERO POINT ZERO bots on my account this morning. Already had any who hit overnight blocked! Let's see what happens moving forward but some NIMROD out there must be spending a lot to do this. Again I have a prime suspect and background reasons why I all but know who is doing it but gotta PROVE it before exposing him.

I am a realist and when a client needs a real solution and a professional opinion that is realistic at an expert knowledge level I will give them that no matter if is positive or negative. The day of the week makes no difference.
And I'm sure you poop immediately after showering. J/k but seriously, I'm trying to make bring some fun to MoSports during some not so fun times. To quote Bosko, "Nice try!"

Hell Yeah Victory GIF by PlayStation

No new bot accounts so far..................I have the vast majority of the Jul 16 and prior ones blocked so not seeing any new ads so far this evening.

Must have been several bots I already blocked hitting the site again last night. Pages 1-2-3 really shrank even though I only saw one new thread post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT