ADVERTISEMENT

Troy vs Hannibal

bksfg4

Sep 14, 2009
Troy didn't look too bad against O'Fallon Township and if not for 3 kickoff returns for touchdowns could have made the game a lot closer. Hannibal played a good Helias and then weak Jeff City Jays team and the scores were reflective of it. This will be Hannibal's last test before running through their conference schedule. Who do you have? I think Hannibal pulls it out because of Aneyas but it is closer than expected. If Aneyas doesn't play the entire game there's a real chance of upset. Hannibal 41- Troy 35

Troy didn't look too bad against O'Fallon Township and if not for 3 kickoff returns for touchdowns could have made the game a lot closer. Hannibal played a good Helias and then weak Jeff City Jays team and the scores were reflective of it. This will be Hannibal's last test before running through their conference schedule. Who do you have? I think Hannibal pulls it out because of Aneyas but it is closer than expected. If Aneyas doesn't play the entire game there's a real chance of upset. Hannibal 41- Troy 35
O'Fallon and Edwardsville are top notch STL IL suburban teams. I just wish I knew (lots) more about schools that side of the State but you are probably spot on here. Troy Buchanan may have a shot at winning their league given Fran Howell appears not to be the machine they were last year. Hannibal can almost sleep walk through today's NCMC. Loved that league when Rock Bridge, Helias and Chilli were part of it back in my younger days!

Reactions: Wheels 1
Follow the game plan from Helias and they can be beat. If you have the athletes to do it. Spy Williams and make the other running back beat you. He is handful, very hard downhill runner. The QB seems a bit lost when he can't throw jump balls and short passes to Williams when he is double teamed. Like the previous posts said, this will be the last tough test for a bit. As for him being not 100%, he still played 90 percent of the downs against Helias. Even when the turbo clock was going. Not sure what the coach was thinking leaving him out there if he was banged up. I think it will be a shoot out like last year. Who ever has the ball last will win.

It’s going be a down to a wire game tmrw night. I have Hannibal by 10. If anyone coming to the game I recommend get there when the gates open. The Stadium gets packed too Quick.

On HHSX2 opinion. Yes Aneyas did played 90% of the game but he didn’t get the more snaps than Ferreira did. Ferreira had the most carries than aneyas did against Helias. Aneyas mostly got most of his carries on 3rd Downs. Who do you give the ball to when you need a first down on a 3rd down play? . Aneyas was back in his 100% last friday against Jeff City, and he’s gonna put on a show tmrw night

On thetophat opinion: After tmrw night Hannibal will dogwalk everyone in the rest of the regular season games.Hannibal needs to be either in CMAC or GAC. NCMC is a weak schedule for Hannibal and Hannibal has never got respect because of the teams they play in their conference. If the GAC would expand North and West, and add Hannibal, Bowling Green, and Wright City.

O'Fallon and Edwardsville are top notch STL IL suburban teams. I just wish I knew (lots) more about schools that side of the State but you are probably spot on here. Troy Buchanan may have a shot at winning their league given Fran Howell appears not to be the machine they were last year. Hannibal can almost sleep walk through today's NCMC. Loved that league when Rock Bridge, Helias and Chilli were part of it back in my younger days!

Follow the game plan from Helias and they can be beat. If you have the athletes to do it. Spy Williams and make the other running back beat you. He is handful, very hard downhill runner. The QB seems a bit lost when he can't throw jump balls and short passes to Williams when he is double teamed. Like the previous posts said, this will be the last tough test for a bit. As for him being not 100%, he still played 90 percent of the downs against Helias. Even when the turbo clock was going. Not sure what the coach was thinking leaving him out there if he was banged up. I think it will be a shoot out like last year. Who ever has the ball last will win.

Troy lost their QB from last year, who was a player, but the kid they have now is still solid. Not quite the runner but he controls the offense and hasn't made a lot of mistakes. Troy has more athletes in the skill positions and probably a slightly better line. Anyeas will be the best athlete out there but against stiffer competition he might not have the game HBL Pirates thinks he is going to have. After watching last week, I would put him on kick return and let him return every kick for a td though. Seemed to work for Ofallon.

It’s going be a down to a wire game tmrw night. I have Hannibal by 10. If anyone coming to the game I recommend get there when the gates open. The Stadium gets packed too Quick.

On HHSX2 opinion. Yes Aneyas did played 90% of the game but he didn’t get the more snaps than Ferreira did. Ferreira had the most carries than aneyas did against Helias. Aneyas mostly got most of his carries on 3rd Downs. Who do you give the ball to when you need a first down on a 3rd down play? . Aneyas was back in his 100% last friday against Jeff City, and he’s gonna put on a show tmrw night

On thetophat opinion: After tmrw night Hannibal will dogwalk everyone in the rest of the regular season games.Hannibal needs to be either in CMAC or GAC. NCMC is a weak schedule for Hannibal and Hannibal has never got respect because of the teams they play in their conference. If the GAC would expand North and West, and add Hannibal, Bowling Green, and Wright City.
Personally I think they tried to use Williams as a decoy most of the game to keep him fresh. Last year he cramped up over and over vs Helias. But why would you keep your star player in a game that is well out of hand? He was out there until almost the end of the game. One hit and your season is over.

Hannibal has almost 3 times the enrollment as Bowling Green and twice the enrollment as Wright City.

Other than football, Hannibal has not been that dominant in the NCMC.

If they are looking to get into another conference, I would think like-sized schools would be the best route.

However, they are in a bit of a bad spot geographically to join a conference with like-sized schools.

Hannibal has almost 3 times the enrollment as Bowling Green and twice the enrollment as Wright City.

Other than football, Hannibal has not been that dominant in the NCMC.

If they are looking to get into another conference, I would think like-sized schools would be the best route.

However, they are in a bit of a bad spot geographically to join a conference with like-sized schools.
I agree that Hannibal is in a bad spot with a like-Sized Conference but I am all in for Hannibal to join GAC or CMAC someday

North
Bowling Green 273
Winfield 385
Wright City 417
St Charles West 485
Orchard Farm 486
St Charles 616

Central
Warrenton 738
Hannibal 797
Holt 858
Ft Zumwalt East 920
North Point 938
Ft Zumwalt South 976
Washington 984

South
Ft Zumwalt North 1120
Liberty (Wentzville) 1244
Timberland 1247
Francis Howell North 1268
Ft Zumwalt West 1284
Francis Howell Central 1333
Francis Howell 1387
Troy 1652

I agree that Hannibal is in a bad spot with a like-Sized Conference but I am all in for Hannibal to join GAC or CMAC someday

North
Bowling Green 273
Winfield 385
Wright City 417
St Charles West 485
Orchard Farm 486
St Charles 616

Central
Warrenton 738
Hannibal 797
Holt 858
Ft Zumwalt East 920
North Point 938
Ft Zumwalt South 976
Washington 984

South
Ft Zumwalt North 1120
Timberland 1247
Ft Zumwalt West 1284
Francis Howell 1387
Troy 1652
GAC schools are not going to vote Hannibal in because of travel.

It's only an hour for Troy...but 1:25 to 2:00 for all the other schools.

It's not just a FB decision...but mid week games for all the other sports as well.

I know some other conferences have long travel...but the GAC schools are spoiled in this regard...they think Troy is a long trip!

Last edited:
Reactions: STL Crusader

North
Bowling Green 273
Winfield 385
Wright City 417
St Charles West 485
Orchard Farm 486
St Charles 616

Central
Warrenton 738
Hannibal 797
Holt 858
Ft Zumwalt East 920
North Point 938
Ft Zumwalt South 976
Washington 984

South
Ft Zumwalt North 1120
Timberland 1247
Ft Zumwalt West 1284
Francis Howell 1387
Troy 1652
Would like to see Hannibal swap out with Jefferson City in the CMAC and NCMC aleast in football

Personally I think they tried to use Williams as a decoy most of the game to keep him fresh. Last year he cramped up over and over vs Helias. But why would you keep your star player in a game that is well out of hand? He was out there until almost the end of the game. One hit and your season is over.
Williams didn't play at all in the 4th quarter, other than the JC onside kick attempt at the start of the 4th.

They lost 16 staters, but their new quarterback is clearly their best player who can run. If Hannibal limits him they have a good chance of winning. Apparently he may not be 100% tonight.
The QB is their most dangerous player. He may not be as shifty as last year's QB, but he is fast. They have good speed at WR as well.

Reactions: NEMOFball
Edwardsville IMO Is a top 5 Class 7 team in Illinois and O'Fallon plays at a high level as well.

I heavily doubt Troy beats Francis Howell. They did have a head scratcher against Fort Zumwalt North but their offense got their act together against a very good Jackson team. It's really only a matter if their defense shows up.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I doubt Aneyeas is at 100 percent for any games this season but he will still be the difference if they let him get his touches and the Hannibal line gets in a couple peoples way. Word on the street is Aneyeas may have missed a couple days of school this week. Could be news to the Hannibal coaches though too.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT