ADVERTISEMENT

Troy 42 vs Hannibal 40 final

HBL Pirates fan_1990

Oct 18, 2017
One of the best matchups this weekend, Game is at 7:00 on saturday!!!

Who do you think will win this Game?

Is Anyone making a trip up to troy Sat Night?

Will Troy QB Sutton uses his Arm and legs to beat Hannibal
or
Will Hannibal Williams The Best All-Purpose Back in the 2024 Class will have another monster after scoring 8tds last friday against Jeff City Jays. Williams has over 500 Rushing/Receving yds combined and 11 Tds in the first two games this season. Williams has scored every point this season including Extra Points!!!

One of the best matchups this weekend, Game is at 7:00 on saturday!!!

Who do you think will win this Game?

Is Anyone making a trip up to troy Sat Night?

Will Troy QB Sutton uses his Arm and legs to beat Hannibal
or
Will Hannibal Williams The Best All-Purpose Back in the 2024 Class will have another monster after scoring 8tds last friday against Jeff City Jays. Williams has over 500 Rushing/Receving yds combined and 11 Tds in the first two games this season. Williams has scored every point this season including Extra Points!!!
O'Fallon IL is outstanding. I am going Troy heavily in this one..........

Reactions: Graphic Edge Guy
O'Fallon IL is outstanding. I am going Troy heavily in this one..........
The Troy loss to a very good and HUGE O'Fallon team was made worse by 6 turnovers...and two empty trips inside the ten by the Troy offense.

We'll have to play much better and "cleaner" to beat Hannibal. Aneyas Williams is SPECIAL. He can beat us by himself if we don't contain him.

Should be a great crowd and an electric atmosphere for this one!

The Troy loss to a very good and HUGE O'Fallon team was made worse by 6 turnovers...and two empty trips inside the ten by the Troy offense.

We'll have to play much better and "cleaner" to beat Hannibal. Aneyas Williams is SPECIAL. He can beat us by himself if we don't contain him.

I am now much more interested in seeing Troy host Francis Howell Week 5. That should be a great matchup.

Reactions: Jomjam

“We’ll have to play much better”.

You coaching at Troy now?

35-21 now with 7-8 min left in the 3rd.
Hannibal answers
looked to be about a 70 yard TD run by Williams, got to the second level and no one touched him.

You darned right! I always own when I am wrong................this is impressive HBL!
yes they are. they impressed me so much tonight. i didn't expect them to almost win tonight. That Williams kid is unreal. Hannibal offense is more better than last year, their defense is a lil shaky but improving!!!. Hannibal QB is Tiny but i can tell you What he has a arm as a cannon!!!

Reactions: thetophat2021
yes they are. they impressed me so much tonight. i didn't expect them to almost win tonight. That Williams kid is unreal. Hannibal offense is more better than last year, their defense is a lil shaky but improving!!!. Hannibal QB is Tiny but i can tell you What he has a arm as a cannon!!!
Comparison shopping, HBL: How does Troy compare with Helias Catholic? We should get more answers about the Crusaders this week but would be interested to read your thoughts..........

The little sophomore QBplayed great...he was wayyyyyyy better than we anticipated...and Aneyas Williams is the BEST high school football player I have ever watched in person. Before last night...I would have said Tim Dwight who played for Iowa City HS before going to Iowa and then on the the NFL.

Dwight was faster...but Williams is better. Williams has very good speed...but his strength, power, and change od direction is elite. And he is so athletic...great hands, agility, body control...he can punt, pass, kick, catch, run,...simply a GREAT player. And super competitive and tough as hell.

He was even better than advertised.

Comparison shopping, HBL: How does Troy compare with Helias Catholic? We should get more answers about the Crusaders this week but would be interested to read your thoughts..........
Troy is definitely the better than Helias. if hannibal could have a rematch against Helias, Hannibal would win by 2 or 3 Td's. Hannibal just had bad Play calling against Helias plus first game with only 5 returning starters on offense including Williams and 4 OL starters

@Gateway Sports Venue could give u thoughts on last night game.

Hannibal- im going compared Hannibal with Troy and Helias. Hannibal is better than helias but not better than Troy. Williams is carrying Hannibal but not like he did last year. i remember last year after the West Plains everybody was saying Williams won that game and the North County game. this year will be different, yes Williams has score almost every touchdown so far but we have definitely better receivers and a better running back than we did last year. Hannibal RB #33 is really good, he has the burst of speed like maclin was when maclin was at mizzou. kid is a stud and needs more attention. on the defensive side for Hannibal, the front 7 is one of the best in Class 4. they keep team rush yds under 100 yds. the secondary for hannibal is shaky but will always been shaky. hannibal has never have a good secondary since i been watching. they're good but always get beat on deep passes. Williams is unreal, i have never seen a kid who can break tackles like he does. they're is sometimes it takes the whole other team to bring Williams down. can't wait for it to cool down, leg cramps has always kept williams being his full potentially in the early games on the season.

Helias- They were good but not troy good. They only kept Williams under 100 Rushing/Receiving
in the game. Helias is more of a passing than a rushing team. Helias was beating hannibal on 3rd down conversation from rolling out options play where they gain 20 or 30 yds from a passing play. if i remember right Hannibal kept Helias under 50 yds rushing that night.

Troy- they're defense was really good. they will give francis howell trouble. Lang is a beast, they were keying on Williams and Williams still won that battle, i don't think Missouri tigers defense could stop Williams either. Troy QB Sutton is a stud passing and running, He is Quick and can throw the ball deep. #3 on troy needs more credit. he can run over any team, kid is really fast.

after last night game, i wish Hannibal was in the gateway conference. it was fun playing Troy last night. we get them at home next year week 3 i think!!!

Last edited:
Troy is definitely the better than Helias. if hannibal could have a rematch against Helias, Hannibal would win by 2 or 3 Td's. Hannibal just had bad Play calling against Helias plus first game with only 5 returning starters on offense including Williams and 4 OL starters

@Gateway Sports Venue could give u thoughts on last night game.

Hannibal- im going compared Hannibal with Troy and Helias. Hannibal is better than helias but not better than Troy. Williams is carrying Hannibal but not like he did last year. i remember last year after the West Plains everybody was saying Williams won that game and the North County game. this year will be different, yes Williams has score almost every touchdown so far but we have definitely better receivers and a better running back than we did last year. Hannibal RB #33 is really good, he has the burst of speed like maclin was when maclin was at mizzou. kid is a stud and needs more attention. on the defensive side for Hannibal, the front 7 is one of the best in Class 4. they keep team rush yds under 100 yds. the secondary for hannibal is shaky but will always been shaky. hannibal has never have a good secondary since i been watching. they're good but always get beat on deep passes. Williams is unreal, i have never seen a kid who can break tackles like he does. they're is sometimes it takes the whole other team to bring Williams down. can't wait for it to cool down, leg cramps has always kept williams being his full potentially in the early games on the season.

Helias- They were good but not troy good. They only kept Williams under 100 Rushing/Receiving
in the game. Helias is more of a passing than a rushing team. Helias was beating hannibal on 3rd down conversation from rolling out options play where they gain 20 or 30 yds from a passing play. if i remember right Hannibal kept Helias under 50 yds rushing that night.

Troy- they're defense was really good. they will give francis howell trouble. Lang is a beast, they were keying on Williams and Williams still won that battle, i don't think Missouri tigers defense could stop Williams either. Troy QB Sutton is a stud passing and running, He is Quick and can throw the ball deep. #3 on troy needs more credit. he can run over any team, kid is really fast.

after last night game, i wish Hannibal was in the gateway conference. it was fun playing Troy last night. we get them at home next year week 3 i think!!!
THANK YOU! Never wise to look too far ahead but Hannibal clearly is squarely in the C4 conversation.

Reactions: TheRealJoey
7:07 mark. best play from last night

Missed block in the back on Hannibal's gunner right by the returner, and Williams was grabbed by his shoulder pads/jersey and spun around at the end of the punt return for TD. Troy was illegally chop blocking the DL, especially the nose guard all night. Officials never called it. That's why Hannibal's HC got the penalty. He was trying to tell them what was happening. Also, Hannibal got called for 12 men on the field late in the game, and they only had 11. Nobody came off after that play.

The little sophomore QBplayed great...he was wayyyyyyy better than we anticipated...and Aneyas Williams is the BEST high school football player I have ever watched in person. Before last night...I would have said Tim Dwight who played for Iowa City HS before going to Iowa and then on the the NFL.

Dwight was faster...but Williams is better. Williams has very good speed...but his strength, power, and change od direction is elite. And he is so athletic...great hands, agility, body control...he can punt, pass, kick, catch, run,...simply a GREAT player. And super competitive and tough as hell.

He was even better than advertised.
Don, you left out throw. He has an amazing arm strength.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT