ADVERTISEMENT

Top Class 5 teams in 2024

I was speaking C5. I actually addressed That but deleted it because the post got too long. Agreed. This is actually almost exactly what I deleted.
C5 is a different animal. The COC more than adequately grooms all its programs that enrollment size for State Championship play. Recent results make that one pretty obvious............

Reactions: da bears 25
My only question is when are they building and opening the Nixa Galleria mall?
I think I stated this before, but if you are a young couple, raising a family with kids nearing school age, and want better for your kids, why would you not get out of the Springfield school district and into Nixa. They are doing things right. That comment goes far beyond football. Go look at their test scores. Best in SW MO. They do it on less $$ too. At #6 in the state, they spend a little less than $10K per student. No other school in the top 10 spends less than $11K. Clayton at #12 spends more than double that. Median household income for Clayton is about $120K or nearly double that of Nixa. The point is you don't necessarily have to spend top dollar to get good results.

Robbed? Not enough state titles?
Well many people I've talked to or heard on social media seem to think the Repmo game was full of bad/missed officiating and lots of things out of their control that was either unfair or at least not in their favor. Sometimes the close losses are much harder to accept than a decisive blowout. This seems to be coming more from people who are newer to WC vs people who have been there for decades. IE the dads who moved there 10ish years ago when at least one state championship was all but a guarantee for your kid.

Well many people I've talked to or heard on social media seem to think the Repmo game was full of bad/missed officiating and lots of things out of their control that was either unfair or at least not in their favor. Sometimes the close losses are much harder to accept than a decisive blowout. This seems to be coming more from people who are newer to WC vs people who have been there for decades. IE the dads who moved there 10ish years ago when at least one state championship was all but a guarantee for your kid.
Has a class graduated from Webb since the year 2000 without at least 1 title? I would guess not.

Has a class graduated from Webb since the year 2000 without at least 1 title? I would guess not.
Someone with a better memory than me would have to answer that but I think it might go back a bit further. The 1997 one probably captured most of the kids that had the bad 98 and 99 seasons. I can't remember when Thompsons last was, it might have been more than 3 years prior. The expectations back then weren't the same as today.

Someone with a better memory than me would have to answer that but I think it might go back a bit further. The 1997 one probably captured most of the kids that had the bad 98 and 99 seasons. I can't remember when Thompsons last was, it might have been more than 3 years prior. The expectations back then weren't the same as today.

No Webb titles from 2001 to 2006

So 2002-2003, 2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006
Freshman class of 2002 graduating in 2005

No Webb titles from 2001 to 2006

So 2002-2003, 2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006
Freshman class of 2002 graduating in 2006. ZIP

Last edited:
So, Webb City has only had one class in the last 30 years not win a state title while they were in High School? That is unbelievable, and sickening at the same time. Talk about spoiled.
This is from the year 2000. Webb did win several titles in the 90s so it may be 30 plus years.

Carthage will make some noise.
Do you think so? The team will be largely the same as this years which was good but not great. Obviously they will hopefully get a bit bigger stronger and faster over the next year. The FR and JV teams both did well.

The schedule is different next year, my initial look has Carthage as a likely loss to Nixa and Webb City. Toss up v Republic - I really don't know what Repmo will look like, it won't be the same but I think it will still be quite good. All the rest I see as likely wins including Joplin.

The district will most likely be the same or nearly the same so end result could very well be the same even if the team is markedly improved. Kinda sucks for them being stuck in a district with WC which is essentially a guarantee as long as they are in the same classification.

The district will most likely be the same or nearly the same so end result could very well be the same even if the team is markedly improved. Kinda sucks for them being stuck in a district with WC which is essentially a guarantee as long as they are in the same classification.
Idk Chaffee and Charleston are like 10 mins apart and one went to the west with the Pierce City district and one went north with Fayette and Tipton.

There's always a chance!

Idk Chaffee and Charleston are like 10 mins apart and one went to the west with the Pierce City district and one went north with Fayette and Tipton.

There's always a chance!
Being in the corner of the state it's very difficult to draw up districts in a way that doesn't combine them. It would almost have to be a very intentional act by MSHSAA. Something like where Webb City goes north with KC and Carthage and Neosho go east with Springfield.

Being in the corner of the state it's very difficult to draw up districts in a way that doesn't combine them. It would almost have to be a very intentional act by MSHSAA. Something like where Webb City goes north with KC and Carthage and Neosho go east with Springfield.
Carthage to Jackson.

I am not sure the COC preps its largest (C6) schools for a title run, though. I would like to see Nixa, for instance, be able to break from league play 1-2 games and face a top NW Arkansas team then venture to KC or STL and play one of the top programs in either large city.

I know Joplin made a great run in 2019 and was only team to push DeSmet that year but it seems like a one time deal.............
Nixa should be good again next year. Not sure on Joplin, depends on who they have at QB.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Do you think so? The team will be largely the same as this years which was good but not great. Obviously they will hopefully get a bit bigger stronger and faster over the next year. The FR and JV teams both did well.

The schedule is different next year, my initial look has Carthage as a likely loss to Nixa and Webb City. Toss up v Republic - I really don't know what Repmo will look like, it won't be the same but I think it will still be quite good. All the rest I see as likely wins including Joplin.

There's a lot of height/weight on the team. Another year of lifting is going to improve the team exponentially. Hopefully the incoming sophs bring some speed. They only got out-talented against senior-heavy Joplin. They hung with everyone else. I won't be surprised at all if they end the season with only 1 loss and make it back to the district title game. That game is a different beast...I'd prefer they lose to Webb during the season so Webb won't have that extra motivation going into that game. Mizzou recruiters weren't at the HS for no reason.

So, Webb City has only had one class in the last 30 years not win a state title while they were in High School? That is unbelievable, and sickening at the same time. Talk about spoiled.
Since 1989 only three classes have graduated without rings. Graduating class of 1997, 2005, and 2006. That’s only counting their sophomore through senior seasons since most freshman don’t get rings. Only the 1997 class has never been to a championship game at least once. No class has graduated in 35 years without being in a semifinal game.

Since 1989 only three classes have graduated without rings. Graduating class of 1997, 2005, and 2006. That’s only counting their sophomore through senior seasons since most freshman don’t get rings. Only the 1997 class has never been to a championship game at least once. No class has graduated in 35 years without being in a semifinal game.
This isn't possible without a reliable and steady stream of good players.

Honest question, why does Lamar not get any of this shade? Is it just because Webbies are easily excitable?
It is the difference between being this good for 10 years vs 35 years. It isn't shade anyway as much as it is an explanation.

They had a 5'5 lb about 5 years ago that I would rank as one of the best lb they have ever had . He was a freak for his size and strong AF also . Carthage guys will remember him . He blocked there 48 yd FG that they had zero chance to make and got tackled by the facemask to give Webb an untimed down to pile on before half . Definitely turning point of that game

They had a 5'5 lb about 5 years ago that I would rank as one of the best lb they have ever had . He was a freak for his size and strong AF also . Carthage guys will remember him . He blocked there 48 yd FG that they had zero chance to make and got tackled by the facemask to give Webb an untimed down to pile on before half . Definitely turning point of that game
you had to bring it up

• Haha
Reactions: hitch_and_go
Only class since 87 that doesnt have a ring is 97. They did get one in basketball though thay year
That's incorrect . But class of 98 ( 97 year ...won state in football 14-0 ...I think over North county . Won state in basketball ...and state runner ups in baseball ( lost to north county)

That's incorrect . But class of 98 ( 97 year ...won state in football 14-0 ...I think over North county . Won state in basketball ...and state runner ups in baseball ( lost to north county)
Since graduating class of 90. Went the wrong way with the 89 champiomship. Graduating class of 97 doesnt have one. Tracy Wistroms sr yr.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT