ADVERTISEMENT

Top Class 5 teams in 2024

Flint222

Apr 24, 2014
Ritter will be up to defending their title and I keep hearing Platte County is young and hungry. Who else in Class 5 could make a run for the title next year?

Ritter will be up to defending their title and I keep hearing Platte County is young and hungry. Who else in Class 5 could make a run for the title next year?
I think Valle might make a run at it with their massive 100-150 or whatever it is, boy enrollment. Wouldnt put it pass those hungry hard working rural/country boys. Im sure they would welcome the challenge and not whine about it

Last edited:
Bishop Sychomore is opening in South County. The tough thing about facing the team is going to be there gonna play high school but up to age 21. And they’re going to allow Illinois kids. And I hear the coach won some of the biggest youth football tournaments in the country

Gonna be some teams out there Noone thinks of I'm sure but Webb is set to make another nice run.
Helias returns a lot.
Fort O needs to move some players around or find a playbook to keep defenses from spying peppers. They could easily run a texas style offense in my opinion.
Grain Valley lost a ton, the current Soph class has always been an unbeatable team but that doesn't always transfer to the higher levels.
PC is returning more than anyone I'd think.

Anyone know about Repub?

Reactions: HHSX2
Bishop Sychomore is opening in South County. The tough thing about facing the team is going to be there gonna play high school but up to age 21. And they’re going to allow Illinois kids. And I hear the coach won some of the biggest youth football tournaments in the country
Even if school allows that age mshsaa rules won't allow. I think it's if you turn 19 before July 1 you are ineligible to play.

Reactions: HomeyR and TheDaddy

I heard that the "Billdozer" Bill Dauterive had some eligibility left at age 43 and might be willing to transfer from Arlen High.

• Haha
Reactions: 65TPT
I think Valle might make a run at it with their massive 100-150 or whatever it is, boy enrollment. Wouldnt put it pass those hungry hard working rural/country boys. Im sure they would welcome the challenge and not whine about it
You still mad.

Rocco Mariott. Has it all just a matter of refining his passing skills then everyone on the other side of the line look out..............
Only thing that scares me with him is one injury or close call and he may go baseball only. Honestly I think he can go to college doing either but it's gonna be about what he wants and I do not know him personally

Only thing that scares me with him is one injury or close call and he may go baseball only. Honestly I think he can go to college doing either but it's gonna be about what he wants and I do not know him personally
I will confess I actually tend to avoid getting to know any of these HSFB folks whether coaches or players on any kind of personal level unless immediate family so I would know no more than you. He runs quite a bit (very slippery, big sneaky fast kid) so the prospect of injury is always there.

I will confess I actually tend to avoid getting to know any of these HSFB folks whether coaches or players on any kind of personal level unless immediate family so I would know no more than you. He runs quite a bit (very slippery, big sneaky fast kid) so the prospect of injury is always there.
Take it from me you are financially making the right decisions.
With kids on the team I get to know a few when they are at the house, mostly when they are in the kitchen and they are very expensive to feed in herd format lmao

Gonna be some teams out there Noone thinks of I'm sure but Webb is set to make another nice run.
Helias returns a lot.
Fort O needs to move some players around or find a playbook to keep defenses from spying peppers. They could easily run a texas style offense in my opinion.
Grain Valley lost a ton, the current Soph class has always been an unbeatable team but that doesn't always transfer to the higher levels.
PC is returning more than anyone I'd think.

Anyone know about Repub?
Republic is very senior heavy this year so they will have an entirely different lineup next year. Their JV and FR teams were very good so they may continue to be in the mix?

On Webb City I have heard mixed but mostly positive expectations for the next couple years. FR team seemed to have a lot of infighting and blaming but they have talent and combined with other classes and #3 they will probably be good. I've heard some of the upcoming classes are drowning in backs to the point its difficult to decide who to go with.

I don't think this applies to the kids and coaches but more than a few wc parents and fans have been pretty vocal about feeling robbed and frustrated by this varsity season particularly the republic game. This new rivalry with Republic could get pretty nasty.

Take it from me you are financially making the right decisions.
With kids on the team I get to know a few when they are at the house, mostly when they are in the kitchen and they are very expensive to feed in herd format lmao
Yeah I've met a few O and D line parents and ask about the grocery bill....................the looks are always classic!

Yeah I've met a few O and D line parents and ask about the grocery bill....................the looks are always classic!
EUqY9EtXYAEWNvI.jpg

Republic is very senior heavy this year so they will have an entirely different lineup next year. Their JV and FR teams were very good so they may continue to be in the mix?

On Webb City I have heard mixed but mostly positive expectations for the next couple years. FR team seemed to have a lot of infighting and blaming but they have talent and combined with other classes and #3 they will probably be good. I've heard some of the upcoming classes are drowning in backs to the point its difficult to decide who to go with.

I don't think this applies to the kids and coaches but more than a few wc parents and fans have been pretty vocal about feeling robbed and frustrated by this varsity season particularly the republic game. This new rivalry with Republic could get pretty nasty.
Robbed? Not enough state titles?

Lol. Little internet forum fantasy boy. What part of that shows im mad. I said they would be up for a challenge. Your the one who this whole private school drives a dagger through your heart. You know the words you scream everyday. “Lifes not fair damn it”. Lol right?
afc39ddf6736336b98e4fcae9d655f26ca1cc3d2.png

• Haha
Reactions: Majost
One Class One Champion should be next years MSHSAA moto! Hell they wont do that because they lose money.
imagine the bracket though!

"In tonights first round game, Lone Jack travels to St. Louis to take on best_team_money_can_buy_0049 in lovely north St. Louis."

Lol. Little internet forum fantasy boy. What part of that shows im mad. I said they would be up for a challenge. Your the one who this whole private school drives a dagger through your heart. You know the words you scream everyday. “Lifes not fair damn it”. Lol right?
186df156-6bd6-44ef-a7ba-38d7039aa57c_text.gif

• Wow
Reactions: thetophat2021
Republic
Looking at their roster, they only return 2 jr lineman on offense. Stud and under-used TE Rexroat headed to Memphis. QB Woods will be a huge hole to fill. Defense looses at least 6 Srs. The year for 3 of their starters isn’t listed on the roster. That being said, I think they may be down a bit next year but coach Cornelsen has them believing in his process and is establishing tradition and expectation. At least that is what I got from talking to player parents/grandparents at their game.
As a COC fan, I’m pleased with the bar being raised with some of the former middle of the pack teams and the additions being made to the conference next year. Steel sharpens steel. (Branson, enjoy your yearly champions of October over your select C3 teams). My hope is that if you emerge from the COC in November, you’ll be primed to bring home the big trophy in December.

Republic
Looking at their roster, they only return 2 jr lineman on offense. Stud and under-used TE Rexroat headed to Memphis. QB Woods will be a huge hole to fill. Defense looses at least 6 Srs. The year for 3 of their starters isn’t listed on the roster. That being said, I think they may be down a bit next year but coach Cornelsen has them believing in his process and is establishing tradition and expectation. At least that is what I got from talking to player parents/grandparents at their game.
As a COC fan, I’m pleased with the bar being raised with some of the former middle of the pack teams and the additions being made to the conference next year. Steel sharpens steel. (Branson, enjoy your yearly champions of October over your select C3 teams). My hope is that if you emerge from the COC in November, you’ll be primed to bring home the big trophy in December.
I am not sure the COC preps its largest (C6) schools for a title run, though. I would like to see Nixa, for instance, be able to break from league play 1-2 games and face a top NW Arkansas team then venture to KC or STL and play one of the top programs in either large city.

I know Joplin made a great run in 2019 and was only team to push DeSmet that year but it seems like a one time deal.............

Republic
Branson isn't winning the OMC most years.

I am not sure the COC preps its largest (C6) schools for a title run, though. I would like to see Nixa, for instance, be able to break from league play 1-2 games and face a top NW Arkansas team then venture to KC or STL and play one of the top programs in either large city.

I know Joplin made a great run in 2019 and was only team to push DeSmet that year but it seems like a one time deal.............
I was speaking C5. I actually addressed That but deleted it because the post got too long. Agreed. This is actually almost exactly what I deleted.

Reactions: thetophat2021
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT