ADVERTISEMENT

Kearney 29 Smithville 13 (Why Kearney beat Smithville)

JNsDaddyzDaddyIownU

Dec 8, 2020
Congrats to Oklahomo Drill and KevAn for being the two biggest Jacktards on MoRivals in 2023

Its the Jimmies and the Joes, not the Xs and Os. Week 3 of the playoffs. Oh, Kearney HAS QB1. They got back two all-state athletes, Grace (who owned you tonight) and Helberg (who owned you tonight). and oh, yeah, 4 x all state TRACK athlete Grant Noland who Owned, you tonight.

How do you like those track times now? Beaatches

I re-wrote Oklahomo Drill's BS from week 3. Making few corrections:

"You all knew that I would have a post about the Smithville vs Kearney game this week, but I waited a bit to decide what to post. Instead of running my mouth and saying that Kearney would be a shoe-in as state champs because they have track speed and superior Jimmy's and Joes, I just let it go. On paper (and now on the field_), Kearney was certainly one of the favorites going into the season this year. Now that they have their starters back, Smithville’s “OklahomaDrill” Superfan will be making all kinds of excuses for the ass kicking they take. There is no doubt that Smithville has good coaching. However, the days of Tommy Saunders and Brock Christopher are over not over. Grant Noland, Theo Grace, and Casey Rooney have arrived. We are now in a new era where Kearney is the "big brother" as it has always been, and Smithville is the little "brother". The big reason for the change is the change in culture for the Kearney football program from the youth organization to the High School coaches—which is the reason Kearney has four state titles and Smithville just one. As long as Kearney continues to keep the current coaching staff they currently have in place, you will continue to see Kearney win these match-ups even when Smithville has superior talent. I know there are several Smithville fans on here that post, and I appreciate their perspective. However, we have to hear from OklahomaDrill and Kev and Boogie whatever time and time again just to hear excuses about effort. Someday Smithville may be in top? Better hope some other schools start offering Kearney coaches high paying positions, or Coach Minnick moves on to college. Until that happens, we can get used to the type of results we saw tonight!"

Last edited:
Not sure what all the chest thumping is about. Kearney is now 2-10 against Ambro.

Not sure what all the chest thumping is about. Kearney is now 2-10 against Ambro.
This will improve moving forward. I was at the Smithville-Kearney final 2018 regular season game where it was apparent a new Highway 92 sheriff had arrived. The chest thumping is because of how bad some of those 2019-2022 beatings were and what was on the line last night.

Smithville's only home losses since the Platte County regular season 2018 collapse (their greatest teaching moment) were to future State C4 champ privates (Helias Catholic and St. Mary's).

This is a HUGE achievement for Minnick and Co just two years in, one I will admit I did not expect last night (thought it would be a very tight shootout). AGAIN if HSFB were predictable I would never bother with it.................

200w.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT