ADVERTISEMENT

Role Reversal (Smithville and Kearney)

Oklah0maDrill

Sep 6, 2022
You all knew that I would have a post about the Smithville vs Kearney game this last Friday, but I waited a bit to decide what to post. Instead of running my mouth and saying that Smithville would be a shoe-in as state champs because they have track speed, I admitted that we had a lot of new starters. On paper, Kearney was certainly one of the favorites going into the season this year. Now that we are three weeks into the season, they are trying to recover from injuries and Joey "Super Fan" is making all sorts of excuses. There is no doubt that Kearney has a ton of talent. However, the days of Tommy Saunders and Brock Christopher are over. We are now in a new era where Smithville is the "big brother" and Kearney is the little "brother". The big reason for the change is the change in culture for the Smithville football program from the youth organization to the High School coaches. As long as Smithville continues to keep the current coaching staff they currently have in place, you will continue to see Smithville win these match-ups even when Kearney has superior talent. In years like 2020 through 2022 where Smithville had superior talent and coaching, you will see auto-clock victories like we have seen in the recent past. I know there are several Kearney fans on here that post, and I appreciate their perspective. However, we have to hear from Joey time and time again just to hear excuses about turnovers and 100M dash times. Someday Kearney may be back on top, but by that time they may be class 5, and their window to win a state championship at class 4 will be over. With all the other talented teams at class 5, I don't see Kearney beating teams like Webb City, St. Mary's or Cardinal Ritter. Better hope some other schools start offering Smithville coaches high paying positions, or Coach Ambroson moves on to college. Until that happens, we can get used to the type of results we saw last Friday.

You all knew that I would have a post about the Smithville vs Kearney game this last Friday, but I waited a bit to decide what to post. Instead of running my mouth and saying that Smithville would be a shoe-in as state champs because they have track speed, I admitted that we had a lot of new starters. On paper, Kearney was certainly one of the favorites going into the season this year. Now that we are three weeks into the season, they are trying to recover from injuries and Joey "Super Fan" is making all sorts of excuses. There is no doubt that Kearney has a ton of talent. However, the days of Tommy Saunders and Brock Christopher are over. We are now in a new era where Smithville is the "big brother" and Kearney is the little "brother". The big reason for the change is the change in culture for the Smithville football program from the youth organization to the High School coaches. As long as Smithville continues to keep the current coaching staff they currently have in place, you will continue to see Smithville win these match-ups even when Kearney has superior talent. In years like 2020 through 2022 where Smithville had superior talent and coaching, you will see auto-clock victories like we have seen in the recent past. I know there are several Kearney fans on here that post, and I appreciate their perspective. However, we have to hear from Joey time and time again just to hear excuses about turnovers and 100M dash times. Someday Kearney may be back on top, but by that time they may be class 5, and their window to win a state championship at class 4 will be over. With all the other talented teams at class 5, I don't see Kearney beating teams like Webb City, St. Mary's or Cardinal Ritter. Better hope some other schools start offering Smithville coaches high paying positions, or Coach Ambroson moves on to college. Until that happens, we can get used to the type of results we saw last Friday.
Thanks joey

St. Mary's?????? Check them out this year. The psychology of the rematch this November is opposite of 2022. We shall see what happens...............

You got beat by Kearney and St. Mary's last year. What were the excuses?

Kearney 22 State Championships in various sports.
Smithville 5

Kearney 4 State Football Championships
Smithville 1

Big Brother? Bahahaa Work on that culture a little more.

Reactions: KHSDOGS
Mtv Multiple Personalities GIF

Had to reconfirm this one: Smithville, since Ambroson, is 3-8 vs. Platte County. Take away the historic 2021 team the record is 1-8 barely a rivalry at all.

Moved on from last Friday but continue, like last year, to try to correct everyone who seems intent on comparing Ambroson year 9 to Minnick year 2. Unfair comparison. That is all..............

Moved on from last Friday but continue, like last year, to try to correct everyone who seems intent on comparing Ambroson year 9 to Minnick year 2. Unfair comparison. That is all..............
How many district and state titles had Smithville won in the 20 years before Ambrosen took over?

How many district and state titles had Smithville won in the 20 years before Ambrosen took over?
You are actually on ignore but will answer since you aren't trolling here: None I know of. Never have said anything negative about what is happening there just pointing out (yet again) experience matters. Trust me the state of Kearney FB when Minnick arrived was very down by their standards. I was beyond critical of what I saw last Friday night but know it is all FIXABLE. Time will tell what they all learned.

Had to reconfirm this one: Smithville, since Ambroson, is 3-8 vs. Platte County. Take away the historic 2021 team the record is 1-8 barely a rivalry at all.

Take away the Historic 2023 Kearney team and I guess Minnick is 0-0 v Platte County and Smithville

Total perspective vortex...from the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy...a reality check in the world of sports...

State Championships:

Kearney Track and Field Girls 2023

Kearney Girls Wrestling 2023

Kearney Softball 2022

Kearney Track and Field Boys 2022

Smithville Football 2021

Kearney Wrestling 2018

Smithville Wrestling 2016

Kearney Football 2015

Kearney Wrestling 2013

Kearney Wrestling 2012

Kearney Cross Country Girls 2011

Kearney Cross Country Girls 2010

Kearney Basketball 2010

Kearney Football 2009

Kearney Cross Country Girls 2009

Kearney Golf 2008

Kearney Softball 2005

Kearney Basketball 2004

Kearney Football 2003

Kearney Football 2002

Smithville Girls Cross County 2002

Kearney Cross Country Boys 2000

Kearney Baseball 1998

Smithville Girls Track and Field 1991

Smithville Baseball 1979

Kearney Basketball 1961

Total perspective vortex...from the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy...a reality check in the world of sports...

State Championships:

Kearney Softball 2022

Smithville Football 2021

Kearney Wrestling 2018

Kearney Football 2015

Kearney Wrestling 2013

Kearney Wrestling 2012

Kearney Basketball 2010

Kearney Football 2009

Kearney Golf 2008

Kearney Softball 2005

Kearney Basketball 2004

Kearney Football 2003

Kearney Football 2002

Kearney Baseball 1998

Smithville Baseball 1979

Kearney Basketball 1961
In all fairness the 2004 Basketball title is a total ASTERISK because Vashon and Coach Irons had to vacate that one. But I nitpick...........

tIME FOR A REALITY CHECK ON SV football success. 12-10 versus top 3000 rated teams. Mmmm, okay.

Overall 2-1

Versus Top 3000 Teams: 1-1

Overall 12-2.

Versus Top 3000 Teams: 1-2

Overall 13-0

Versus Top 3000 Teams: 4-0

Overal 10-3

Versus Top 3000 Teams: 0-3

Overall 9-2

Versus Top 3000 Teams: 3-2

Overall 12-2

Versus Top 3000 Teams: 3-2

Overall, 12-10 Versus Top 3000 Teams

For Comparison Sake

St. Mary’s 2022

Versus Top 3000 Teams: 8-2

#485 Trinity (Louisville, KY) (34-13), #1326 Neuqua Valley (Naperville, IL) (21-20)

Kearney 2015

Versus Top 3000 Teams: 7-1

LOSSES: #563 Liberty North (Liberty, MO) (21-10) (Starting QB out in 1Q)

Webb 2024

Versus Top 1300 Teams 8-0

SV vs. Top 1500 Teams:

2023: 0-1
2022- 1-1
2021 3-0
2020 0-3
2019 0-2
2018 3-2

7-9 Meh!

One thing it says...they all need a new conference.

Last edited:
I need a rule book haha.

Hell, Kearney was 2-1 against top 1500 teams last year. LOL

I love it, these guys are all up about beating a team with five missing starters (including the QB). Beat your chest while you can, I suppose. Smithville has a ho-hum (sub .500) track record against better teams, like the one coming at them in November. I threw in track record just to F with the toilet bowl Adrian moron.

The next 4 weeks look to be pretty boring for both teams and I too like arguing about stupid stuff so...

Calpreps Project a Matchup
Class 4 State Champsvs 2021 Smithville
2015Kearney24-21 Smithville
2009Kearney31-17 Smithville
2003Kearney31-28 Smithville

Reactions: KevAn92
Hell, Kearney was 2-1 against top 1500 teams last year. LOL

I love it, these guys are all up about beating a team with five missing starters (including the QB). Beat your chest while you can, I suppose. Smithville has a ho-hum (sub .500) track record against better teams, like the one coming at them in November. I threw in track record just to F with the toilet bowl Adrian moron.
"
SV vs Kearney since 2018.
9-1 with an average score of 36-13

Oof."

State Championships:

Kearney Softball 2022

Smithville Football 2021

Kearney Wrestling 2018

Kearney Football 2015

Kearney Wrestling 2013

Kearney Wrestling 2012

Kearney Basketball 2010

Kearney Football 2009

Kearney Golf 2008

Kearney Softball 2005

Kearney Basketball 2004

Kearney Football 2003

Kearney Football 2002

Kearney Baseball 1998

Smithville Baseball 1979

Kearney Basketball 1961

Isn't there a school that has nearly that many championships just in football, not counting other sports?

Reactions: mosofan and KevAn92
So far the response is that Kearney has historically been better at all sports. Not disagreeing there but the nuance of this post was recent years and the sport of football (hilarious to need to point that out on a FOOTBALL FORUM) not all the other sports.

I like the comparison of Kearney and Sville vs top 3000 teams or whatever, but who ranks those teams? Not saying that it isn't worth noting but once again finding some asinine stat to show that the bullfrogs rock just solidifies the homer mentality.

I will reiterate my favorite point when it comes to football: STATS ARE FOR LOSERS
Wins and losses at the end of the day are all that matter.

MoSports wouldn't be the same without you Joe. Keep the nonsense rolling!

So far the response is that Kearney has historically been better at all sports. Not disagreeing there but the nuance of this post was recent years and the sport of football (hilarious to need to point that out on a FOOTBALL FORUM) not all the other sports.

I like the comparison of Kearney and Sville vs top 3000 teams or whatever, but who ranks those teams? Not saying that it isn't worth noting but once again finding some asinine stat to show that the bullfrogs rock just solidifies the homer mentality.

I will reiterate my favorite point when it comes to football: STATS ARE FOR LOSERS
Wins and losses at the end of the day are all that matter.

MoSports wouldn't be the same without you Joe. Keep the nonsense rolling!

It would, more often than not, be people disagreeing rationally and having conversations about their differences. That would be horrible.

Boom., BEATTTCH

You all knew that I would have a post about the Smithville vs Kearney game this week, but I waited a bit to decide what to post. Instead of running my mouth and saying that Kearney would be a shoe-in as state champs because they have track speed and superior Jimmy's and Joes, I just let it go. On paper (and now on the field_), Kearney was certainly one of the favorites going into the season this year. Now that they have their starters back, Smithville’s “OklahomaDrill” Superfan will be making all kinds of excuses for the ass kicking they take. There is no doubt that Smithville has good coaching. However, the days of Tommy Saunders and Brock Christopher are over not over. Grant Noland, Theo Grace, and Casey Rooney have arrived. We are now in a new era where Kearney is the "big brother" as it has always been, and Smithville is the little "brother". The big reason for the change is the change in culture for the Kearney football program from the youth organization to the High School coaches—which is the reason Kearney has four state titles and Smithville just one. As long as Kearney continues to keep the current coaching staff they currently have in place, you will continue to see Kearney win these match-ups even when Smithville has superior talent. I know there are several Smithville fans on here that post, and I appreciate their perspective. However, we have to hear from OklahomaDrill and Kev and Boogie whatever time and time again just to hear excuses about effort. Someday Smithville may be in top? Better hope some other schools start offering Kearney coaches high paying positions, or Coach Minnick moves on to college. Until that happens, we can get used to the type of results we saw tonight!

Up yours, Oklahoma Drill? Remember, sh*t comes back on your two-fold. RIP Smithville Football.

• Haha
Reactions: Treadmill
Boom., BEATTTCH

You all knew that I would have a post about the Smithville vs Kearney game this week, but I waited a bit to decide what to post. Instead of running my mouth and saying that Kearney would be a shoe-in as state champs because they have track speed and superior Jimmy's and Joes, I just let it go. On paper (and now on the field_), Kearney was certainly one of the favorites going into the season this year. Now that they have their starters back, Smithville’s “OklahomaDrill” Superfan will be making all kinds of excuses for the ass kicking they take. There is no doubt that Smithville has good coaching. However, the days of Tommy Saunders and Brock Christopher are over not over. Grant Noland, Theo Grace, and Casey Rooney have arrived. We are now in a new era where Kearney is the "big brother" as it has always been, and Smithville is the little "brother". The big reason for the change is the change in culture for the Kearney football program from the youth organization to the High School coaches—which is the reason Kearney has four state titles and Smithville just one. As long as Kearney continues to keep the current coaching staff they currently have in place, you will continue to see Kearney win these match-ups even when Smithville has superior talent. I know there are several Smithville fans on here that post, and I appreciate their perspective. However, we have to hear from OklahomaDrill and Kev and Boogie whatever time and time again just to hear excuses about effort. Someday Smithville may be in top? Better hope some other schools start offering Kearney coaches high paying positions, or Coach Minnick moves on to college. Until that happens, we can get used to the type of results we saw tonight!

Up yours, Oklahoma Drill? Remember, sh*t comes back on your two-fold. RIP Smithville Football.
Episode Two Sport GIF by UFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT