ADVERTISEMENT

COC

AC100

Jun 14, 2010
I was looking at all of the teams and trying to rank them in my head and wow is this league down this year. I had a hard time even coming up with the 3rd best team. Nixa will win this league 9-0 pretty easily.

I am guessing Ozark is the 3rd best, and they are not that good. Nixa 1st, Republic 2nd. COC is down.

Yeah it's pretty brutal. Compared to the last year or two Ozark, Republic, Willard, Carthage, Carl Junction (still pretty good but not as good), Webb City are all down. Neosho bad as usual and Joplin even worse. Branson might be marginally better than last season but that's it.

Isn't Branson pretty good this year? I have heard they have a solid freshman group. Or is just a result of everyone else being so down

Branson is solid, but they were an 8 seed in the Pink and White and lost to unseeded Aurora in the first round. Granted Aurora is pretty good but still... Yes, they have some good younger players but are a year or two away. This year they are just okay and I dont think they are better than Republic. Republic is the third best team in the COC and Branson probably fourth. We'll find out for sure on the 29th when Republic plays at Branson

Branson is solid, but they were an 8 seed in the Pink and White and lost to unseeded Aurora in the first round. Granted Aurora is pretty good but still... Yes, they have some good younger players but are a year or two away. This year they are just okay and I dont think they are better than Republic. Republic is the third best team in the COC and Branson probably fourth. We'll find out for sure on the 29th when Republic plays at Branson
Who is 2nd?

I was gonna say Carl Junction but I took a look at their schedule/results and.... never mind that lol. I'd say it's Nixa, Republic, then Branson, Ozark, Willard bunched together, then Webb/CJ/Neosho, then Joplin.

I had thought CJ was better than that before I saw their actual results

I was gonna say Carl Junction but I took a look at their schedule/results and.... never mind that lol. I'd say it's Nixa, Republic, then Branson, Ozark, Willard bunched together, then Webb/CJ/Neosho, then Joplin.

I had thought CJ was better than that before I saw their actual results
They have talent but no guards. Now the game against Springdale they didn't have their 2 best players. However they are basically playing 4 forwards and their D1 center. They turn the ball over constantly. Next year they will have this team minus their D1 center. They will be super bad.

Yeah any high school team needs good guards in order to win. Look at how bad Waynesville has been even with D1 Breona Hurd. Same exact situation

Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
heard a rumor Mancini is back at Webb and may be playing soon. Not sure if true or not but that should make them competitive.

I saw her on the bench tonight. I saw her while I was watching their game on YouTube. She was in street clothes. It would be a game changer.

A few years ago a girl who ended up being a starter for CJ switched from College Heights to CJ in mid January. I don't know if Link is treated differently.

I am talking about Khloe Burk. Destiny moved to CJ before 7th grade (Shorter was still involved with thar move).
Similar last names.

Did the burk girl have another sister that stayed at CH for volleyball I think? I could be wrong. I wanna say this was back around the other Scott girls turn at CJ

She had a sister at College Heights that was a few years older. The older sister was a senior when Khloe transferred to CJ but she stayed at College Heights. She probably wouldn't have played for those CJ teams.

She had a sister at College Heights that was a few years older. The older sister was a senior when Khloe transferred to CJ but she stayed at College Heights. She probably wouldn't have played for those CJ teams.
That’s what I thought. Or at least something along those lines. Thought there was two of them.

Mancini is on Webb's bench today in street clothes. I checked and the Link girls are playing today so she can't be at Link anymore.

Thats a transfer out and back again without ever changing address... I could be wrong, but just dont see how she could possibly eligible for at least 365

Thats a transfer out and back again without ever changing address... I could be wrong, but just dont see how she could possibly eligible for at least 365
There is obviously some issue because she isn't playing yet. However I don't know how flexible MSHSAA is with this

She clearly transferred for athletic reasons. There should be no way she plays this year. She should absolutely have to wait the 365.

If her mom didn't think she could play for a year I would think she would leave the state.

If her mom didn't think she could play for a year I would think she would leave the state.
That part of the state must be somethin else. We don't have a lot of that goin in the SEMO area like you do over there. Probably more on the boys side than girls and even when girls change it's mostly public to private.

That part of the state must be somethin else. We don't have a lot of that goin in the SEMO area like you do over there. Probably more on the boys side than girls and even when girls change it's mostly public to private.
I don’t think there’s a lot of that necessarily going on in SWMO, it’s more that this girls mom is just delusional and it’s totally unrealistic with how talented she “thinks” her daughter is.

Reactions: da bears 25
I see questions about this all the time on here, maybe it's about the same kids over and over I don't know.

I was told she is on the roster now but waiting for ruling from MSHSAA whether she is varsity eligible or not

I was told she is on the roster now but waiting for ruling from MSHSAA whether she is varsity eligible or not
My guess is they compromise and let her play starting next year. If so Webb will be really good next year.

She has been declared ineligible by MSHSAA. now the question is will that mean she is ineligible for a full year which would mean she would not be able to play until like jan of next year.

I haven't seen her on the bench for Webb's past few games but the bench is hard to see on YouTube. Would she be eligible at another Missouri school or does she need to leave the state?

She has been declared ineligible by MSHSAA. now the question is will that mean she is ineligible for a full year which would mean she would not be able to play until like jan of next year.
That's tough for Webb. I'm sure Robbins is irritated. Maybe not "I'm about to get my 2nd Technical in 3 minutes" irritated, but to lose her for a whole season when they *might've grabbed the District in a down year for CJ. They'd definitely have more answers for Scott or Joyner with her.

Marshfield is the best team in that district now. Webb could have competed with Marshfield with Mancini.

Reactions: Winston Bishop
Marshfield is the best team in that district now. Webb could have competed with Marshfield with Mancini.
You're probably right, I forgot they're in that District too. Although somehow the only Marshfield game I've seen this year was their loss to Repo in the Nixa tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT