ADVERTISEMENT

What do actual conservative Republicans think about DJT?

Veer2Eternity

Apr 17, 2005
1. His vice president, Mike Pence: “The American people deserve to know that President Trump asked me to put him over my oath to the Constitution. … Anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be president of the United States.”

2. His second attorney general, Bill Barr: “Someone who engaged in that kind of bullying about a process that is fundamental to our system and to our self-government shouldn’t be anywhere near the Oval Office.”

3. His first secretary of defense, James Mattis: “Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people – does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us.”

4. His second secretary of defense, Mark Esper: “I think he’s unfit for office. … He puts himself before country. His actions are all about him and not about the country. And then, of course, I believe he has integrity and character issues as well.”

5. His second chief of staff, John Kelly: “A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law. There is nothing more that can be said. God help us.”

6. His former acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, “I quit because I think he failed at being the president when we needed him to be that.”

7. One of his many former communications directors, Anthony Scaramucci: “He is the domestic terrorist of the 21st century.”

8. His first secretary of the Navy, Richard Spencer: "The president has very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices.”

9. His first homeland security adviser, Tom Bossert: “The President undermined American democracy baselessly for months. As a result, he’s culpable for this siege, and an utter disgrace.”

• Wow
Reactions: Toots_mcgee
1. His vice president, Mike Pence: “The American people deserve to know that President Trump asked me to put him over my oath to the Constitution. … Anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be president of the United States.”

2. His second attorney general, Bill Barr: “Someone who engaged in that kind of bullying about a process that is fundamental to our system and to our self-government shouldn’t be anywhere near the Oval Office.”

3. His first secretary of defense, James Mattis: “Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people – does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us.”

4. His second secretary of defense, Mark Esper: “I think he’s unfit for office. … He puts himself before country. His actions are all about him and not about the country. And then, of course, I believe he has integrity and character issues as well.”

5. His second chief of staff, John Kelly: “A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law. There is nothing more that can be said. God help us.”

6. His former acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, “I quit because I think he failed at being the president when we needed him to be that.”

7. One of his many former communications directors, Anthony Scaramucci: “He is the domestic terrorist of the 21st century.”

8. His first secretary of the Navy, Richard Spencer: "The president has very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices.”

9. His first homeland security adviser, Tom Bossert: “The President undermined American democracy baselessly for months. As a result, he’s culpable for this siege, and an utter disgrace.”

Those people are obviously not true conservative Republicans. They're clearly all RINOs.

• Haha
Reactions: Toots_mcgee

I think Trump is a terrible candidate, like I have state many times. I have said many times, we have a country of how many millions of Americans and these are the two candidates that we get to represent us?? They're both awful. The majority of politicians are terrible human beings on both sides.

If I were to label myself I would say I am Moderate leaning conservative. However I don't like to talk politics because its hard these days to have a good honest conversation about what is good and not good. And honestly I feel both the Dems and Pubs today are just as radical about their beliefs and both are very Tribal. I hear both all day long putting labels on those who don't agree with them its terrible.

What am I looking for in a candidate? I want somebody that will wants to work to balance the budget be honest with all of us, we as a country need to get this taken care of we cannot continue to kick this down the road. I want to see more strength on the border and not just bluster. I want somebody who will spend my tax dollars wisely, we all worked hard for our money... harder than they will when it comes to spending it. I want to see somebody who does not hate the other party but is willing to reach out to work with them for the betterment of the country. I want to see term limits in congress, I don't care if it is 2 terms or maybe even 3 or 4, I am just tired of seeing the same old people getting elected, it has done us no good! And when did the judicial system become political, not what the founding fathers envisioned, maybe we need to look at if the supreme court should be life time appointments?

If I were to label myself I would say I am Moderate leaning conservative. However I don't like to talk politics because its hard these days to have a good honest conversation about what is good and not good. And honestly I feel both the Dems and Pubs today are just as radical about their beliefs and both are very Tribal. I hear both all day long putting labels on those who don't agree with them its terrible.

What am I looking for in a candidate? I want somebody that will wants to work to balance the budget be honest with all of us, we as a country need to get this taken care of we cannot continue to kick this down the road. I want to see more strength on the border and not just bluster. I want somebody who will spend my tax dollars wisely, we all worked hard for our money... harder than they will when it comes to spending it. I want to see somebody who does not hate the other party but is willing to reach out to work with them for the betterment of the country. I want to see term limits in congress, I don't care if it is 2 terms or maybe even 3 or 4, I am just tired of seeing the same old people getting elected, it has done us no good! And when did the judicial system become political, not what the founding fathers envisioned, maybe we need to look at if the supreme court should be life time appointments?

Valid points. The only thing I would take issue with is this statement of yours: "And when did the judicial system become political, not what the founding fathers envisioned, maybe we need to look at if the supreme court should be life time appointments?"

My answer to this is actually a question: when wasn't the judicial system political, at least at the highest levels? There is no such thing as a truly objective human being; therefore, it isn't productive to expect it or pine for it in our judicial system. What we can hope for is that these biased humans (which is all of them) can use good judgment and that the politicians who appoint them will appoint them because of their good judgment rather than for their partisan stance. This only happens when compromise is not a dirty word.

Reactions: HomeyR

I vote Bullit for prez!

You know why Bullit would be 10 times better than Trump? I can tell you from years of reading his thoughts.

1. He wouldn’t claim to know more than the generals
2. He wouldn’t have to lead every Covid press conference and insult everyone who asks a hard question
3. He would actually care about workers and young people.
4. He would hire people who don’t want to destroy the fed gov.

Reactions: Expect2Win
You know why Bullit would be 10 times better than Trump? I can tell you from years of reading his thoughts.

1. He wouldn’t claim to know more than the generals
2. He wouldn’t have to lead every Covid press conference and insult everyone who asks a hard question
3. He would actually care about workers and young people.
4. He would hire people who don’t want to destroy the fed gov.
2A... He wouldn't suggest drinking bleach as a possible cure for Covid..!

Valid points. The only thing I would take issue with is this statement of yours: "And when did the judicial system become political, not what the founding fathers envisioned, maybe we need to look at if the supreme court should be life time appointments?"

My answer to this is actually a question: when wasn't the judicial system political, at least at the highest levels? There is no such thing as a truly objective human being; therefore, it isn't productive to expect it or pine for it in our judicial system. What we can hope for is that these biased humans (which is all of them) can use good judgment and that the politicians who appoint them will appoint them because of their good judgment rather than for their partisan stance. This only happens when compromise is not a dirty word.
And maybe my judgment is clouded by having not paid as close attention in my youth as I do today? But I do remember watching some Senate confirmations and many judges got votes on both sides and easily won confirmation.
However more or so in the last 20 years it has seemed that a nominees view on Roe was a major criteria when selecting a candidate for the supreme court. When honestly they will rule on so many very important issues thru out their time on the bench. And the votes to get them across the line were along party lines. And when Mitch held up one you really began to see how political it was. Now you are seeing people talk when should one retire just to make sure they can get a younger one on the bench.

And when Mitch held up one you really began to see how political it was. Now you are seeing people talk when should one retire just to make sure they can get a younger one on the bench.
McConnell was the one who started it all... what he did to Obama and Merrick Garland was detestable !

Pete Booty-gig has a great idea for reforming the court that will keep it balanced and with more moderates. But since we are so polarized no one will consider it.

McConnell was the one who started it all... what he did to Obama and Merrick Garland was detestable !
That wasn't the start of it, that just kicked it up several notches. Bork could be considered as one of the beginning of this.

Bork's confirmation was voted down by a full vote of the senate. McConnell purposely would not even consider allowing a vote on Garland.
I am just saying Bork was kind of the beginning, but McConnell took it up several notches.

I vote Bullit for prez!
Perhaps its time I dust off my president cap and throw it back into a presidential race.....

Reactions: 65TPT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT