ADVERTISEMENT

WC Little Leaguers at it again

I wasn't sure of the record, but knew it was very impressive.
I don't think there are a ton of Missouri towns that participate in Little League . Seems like the state championship is Webb City vs Springfield every year . Anyways they play at 10 am tm on ESPN I also have a lot of questions on how exactly it works like Webb City is 11k population . The team they are playing tm has a population of 205k .

Last edited:
I don't think there are a ton of Missouri towns that participate in Little League . Seems like the state championship is Webb City vs Springfield every year . Anyways they play at 10 am tm on ESPN I also have a lot of questions on how exactly it works like Webb City is 11k population . The team they are playing tm has a population of 205k .
I would think larger metropolitan areas would have multiple LL charters???

All travel ball and then local rec league around here. Noone cares about LL in MO. On the SE side of state they play Babe Ruth league ball
Around here Ll is mainly Joplin and Webb. Carthage plays Babe Ruth. Webb played a Boone County team to win State this year.

Reactions: cardsfan200306
A dad who had a kid on a WC LL team a few years ago told me they basically only have to beat Joplin to go to state and there really aren’t all that many good teams statewide. He said most of the higher level talent are doing other things besides LL, mostly travel teams. City leagues are in many places kind of the low end of sports.

So I don’t think LLWS really means much to people who are in the upper echelons of modern baseball but it sure is exciting to the kids who end up making it far enough to be playing on national tv.

Reactions: cardsfan200306
A dad who had a kid on a WC LL team a few years ago told me they basically only have to beat Joplin to go to state and there really aren’t all that many good teams statewide. He said most of the higher level talent are doing other things besides LL, mostly travel teams. City leagues are in many places kind of the low end of sports.

So I don’t think LLWS really means much to people who are in the upper echelons of modern baseball but it sure is exciting to the kids who end up making it far enough to be playing on national tv.
Around our area I don't know of anybody who plays LL baseball, our local program is with somebody else, I know our youth softball does Babe Ruth. Years ago my daughters team made it to the finals.

Webb falls short in the championship game. I think this is the second time in 3 years they went 3-0 and made the championship game and lost to a team they have previously beaten . Double elimination tournament unless an unbeaten team gets beat in the championship game due to ESPN's TV scheduling . Kinda crappy they do it that way .

Reactions: mosofan
Webb falls short in the championship game. I think this is the second time in 3 years they went 3-0 and made the championship game and lost to a team they have previously beaten . Double elimination tournament unless an unbeaten team gets beat in the championship game due to ESPN's TV scheduling . Kinda crappy they do it that way .
Yeah crazy how you can beat a team stay unbeaten then lose to them and be out. Double Elim should be across the board

Same thing happened probably 7 years ago too. Wish it were a true double elimination to see who is truly the better team.

Reactions: Baldguy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT