ADVERTISEMENT

Sami Mancini

AC100

Jun 14, 2010
I don't know how to put this exact comment on here but her mom said that she is now just playing a national schedule and she won't have to worry about horrible MSHSAA officials now. I assume that means she isn't playing for Webb anymore? It is at the bottom of the video post I posted earlier

I don't know how to put this exact comment on here but her mom said that she is now just playing a national schedule and she won't have to worry about horrible MSHSAA officials now. I assume that means she isn't playing for Webb anymore? It is at the bottom of the video post I posted earlier
She may be going to Link Year. They’re starting a girls prep next year.

Craziness. That girl travels every time she touches the ball. She wants to get officiated fairly? Be careful what you wish for. She’s not the 5* recruit they think she is. When she stops getting the star whistle because she’s playing legit high level hoops, she’ll sing a different tune.
100% agree. Not even close to the player she or her family thinks she is.

Reactions: da bears 25
When I watch women's tournament games every team had a center just as tall as Mancini but way more athletic

Have her go try out at Incarnate Word and see how she feels after that. Thats like Antoine Davis saying he was cheated out of the ncaa scoring title when he had 5 seasons (144 games) to do it in with a 3 point line! Pistol Pete had 3 years and 83games and no 3 pt line. Man oh man the world in 25 years will be a mess.

Regardless of how good she actually is this would take Webb from probably winning their district next year to being pretty bad.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Have her go try out at Incarnate Word and see how she feels after that. Thats like Antoine Davis saying he was cheated out of the ncaa scoring title when he had 5 seasons (144 games) to do it in with a 3 point line! Pistol Pete had 3 years and 83games and no 3 pt line. Man oh man the world in 25 years will be a mess.
Or Rock Bridge. She’d be coming right off the bench. I think she played against 4 D1 girls all year. And she didn’t do anything last summer with Phenom. Couldn’t keep up. Ain’t nobody waiting for you to jog up the floor at the next level.

When she plays regular high school ball she can just reach over everyone so people think that will translate to higher levels I guess. She does make Webb a much better team.

This may be a dumb question but where are these officials coming from that are on the "national level?"

If you play for a school like Link you play a national schedule. You won't have MSHSAA officials.

Where do
If you play for a school like Link you play a national schedule. You won't have MSHSAA officials.
Where do they get their officials if not the same folks that call other games? I've never heard of any prep school officials. Are the HS school officials a lot better in other states?

Reactions: Expect2Win
Where do

Where do they get their officials if not the same folks that call other games? I've never heard of any prep school officials. Are the HS school officials a lot better in other states?
No. They aren’t. But hey, when you think youre a 5*, and your parents feed into that lunacy, and you STILL can’t make a team very good, it has to be somebody else’s fault, right?

I know nothing about this young lady but she may want to put a muzzle on her mom. You better have amazing talent for a college coach to put up with that type of crazy from a parent down the road.

I think she could play D2 just because of her size. She is a decent shooter. I can't imagine what the D1 coaches offering her are thinking.

I think she could play D2 just because of her size. She is a decent shooter. I can't imagine what the D1 coaches offering her are thinking.
They’re thinking she’s 6’4”, and if you’re gonna use a scholarship on a project, it might as well be a 6’4” project.

I know nothing about this young lady but she may want to put a muzzle on her mom. You better have amazing talent for a college coach to put up with that type of crazy from a parent down the road.
First thing I thought. I don't know the player at all, never seen her play. But first thing I thought was, man, this momma bear is going to make it tough on her. She could be the most humble and nicest young lady on the court, but this momma is going to make it difficult for her to succeed.

She tries hard. She usually dominates lesser teams. In the district title game against CJ she was visibility frustrated and cussed a lot. I was surprised she didn't get a technical but I am glad they didn't do that

She tries hard. She usually dominates lesser teams. In the district title game against CJ she was visibility frustrated and cussed a lot. I was surprised she didn't get a technical but I am glad they didn't do that
I am confused. Wouldn't corrupt, dirty MSHSAA officials be itching to t up a kid for cussing?

Reactions: NEMOFball and PCole
She’s #55 in the photo - just FYI for those who aren’t familiar.

I think she looked surprisingly coordinated this year. Nice improvement. She needs to focus on her inside and midrange game more, stop spending so much time on shooting threes and longer shots in warmups.

I don't know her or her ability, and I don't have a problem with her, and hope she has a great career.
I have a problem with the over-the-top comments about MSHSAA officials from the parent.

She could use a second move.. two trips down the floor and you realize it’s always shimmy left, spin right. Every. Time. Anything else is a wide open shot.

She could use a second move.. two trips down the floor and you realize it’s always shimmy left, spin right. Every. Time. Anything else is a wide open shot.
This is what I’m saying. She’s needs someone to work with her. The Webb coach was a guard. He is pretty good at working with guards, historically not so good at developing post players back to his boys’ coaching days. Used to teach the 6’7” guy to try to draw charges, which left him on the floor when a rebound was up for grabs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT