ADVERTISEMENT

Sami Mancini

Like Carl Junction? Move Kylie to point guard.

#backtotheship
Ehhh.. Kylie is better at PG when it’s a change up. She doesn’t handle or pass above average right now. She might be capable.. but I haven’t seen it. Sami will benefit from whatever Coach will tell her she needs to be faster. Regardless of weight/size, she can’t keep up. The Lutheran center would’ve diced her up.

Lol. Kylie isn't a point guard and who knows who the coach will be.

They need to hire a coach who has a daughter who is a guard. If they do that they at least probably extend the district title streak to 9. They wouldn't go any further though.

I’m going to snag this guard from Willow Springs too. And probably one player from Mt. Vernon.
The Jones girl from Willow is going to be a good one. Pretty sure her dads been an AAU coach for years. Believe Ashton Judd played on his AAU team for a few years.

She will be the best guard in the SCA next year as a sophomore

CJ can extend this run for 1 more year if they hire someone like that.

Correct on both counts. He’s a really good coach but not sure he’d coach for a school
I agree. I don’t think he would either.
Nor do I think he would ever take his daughters out of that school.
I don’t believe his middle daughter played this year. Can’t remember if she was a junior or a senior.

Though I can’t think of a better person for the vacant Willow Springs girls job to be honest.

At least from what I’ve heard about him from people who had kids on his AAU team. They all seem very high on him in terms of his coaching.

I know a well coached team when I see one, and he's a good coach for sure.

His middle daughter isn't into ball like the oldest and youngest are.

I don't know how to put this exact comment on here but her mom said that she is now just playing a national schedule and she won't have to worry about horrible MSHSAA officials now. I assume that means she isn't playing for Webb anymore? It is at the bottom of the video post I posted earlier
Well, well, wellllllllll boys...isn't this interesting. Can I clear some things up for ya?

Let me start by saying that the "muzzle" comment...that's fair. I could provide a much bigger picture that would clearly explain where that comes from…a picture that would have you seeing things from a much different perspective - but I’m not going to try and justify my behavior…it is absolutely UGLY (& even borderline embarrassing) sometimes.Yes - in those moments where I’m losing my marbles…I’m very much aware that I’m going to regret everything flying out of my mouth…but the rage runs deep sometimes.

However, in my defense, there’s only a handful of schools I lose my marbles over:
Branson and Nixa are the biggest culprits. I’m guessing a few of you are associated with those schools (& yes, I do recall the Miller game last year…I was definitely frustrated and Sami was too but it had nothing to do with Miller. Lol.

Aside from that, I would argue that I’m fairly well behaved at the majority of games - as in you don’t hear a peep outta me:. Carthage, CJ, Joplin, Republic, Willard, Rolla, even Seneca (ahhh…I bet Seneca is most definitely on this thread. Now I’m really chuckling).

So while I am guilty of losing my sh*t once in a while, it’s far more likely that I’m well behaved vs. misbehaving.

The comment about college coaches not wanting (nor having) to put up with such poor behavior…that’s another comment that speaks the truth. This will most likely surprise you, but I was a D1 athlete myself - but it wasn’t basketball. So *surprise* - I “get it” far more than most and probably more than 90% of those participating on a thread named after my 16yo daughter.

But truth-be-told…that kid is doing something RIGHT to have grown peeps commenting on a thread named after her. I love it! Lol.

Yes, I do hold an opinion about MSHSSA refs and “school ball”…and even that isn’t all encompassing, there are far more that I probably love, than the handful of those I dread calling any game my kid is playing in. The primary reason for my frustration centers around potential injuries that would be a direct result of the lack of calls - but again, there’s really no justifying ugly behavior.

However, you have peaked my interest, I’d LOVE to *hear* what it is you’ve been told I’ve said, or that you’ve *heard* me say about MSHSSA refs…it just sounds so…JUICY!

For the most part, I know people on both sides of the stands because Sami most likely is playing against someone that plays in the same AAU organization she’s associated with. So that keeps me in check.

And while MSHSSA refs will indeed ref any games Link Academy (LA) plays in Missouri, they won’t be the same referees they are in school ball. The game will be so much more elevated - and that’s not being arrogant, it’s just facts. Link is recruiting players from all over the country to play against teams that also recruit from all over the country.The playing field is leveled in that regard and it will push Sami to be faster, to have the agility to play 5-out and to not be “just a big”. But that’s neither here nor there at this point.

“They say” that all elite level players will be playing for schools like LA within the next five years. And while I know most in this group don’t consider my kid to be an elite level player, I’m not remotely concerned with anyone’s opinion about her basketball acumen.

Knowing you creep my kid’s Twitter page, I’m certain you’re already well aware that she plays travel ball for one of only 32 official Nike EYBL teams in the country. Nike EYBL - you know, the most elite circuit out there.

And GUESS WHAT?! She actually has to tryout for MO Phenom’s Nike EYBL team every single year - the nerve of those people! Lol.

GUESS WHAT ELSE?! .She doesn’t make the team because I’m sleeping with a coach or because I have deep pockets - so you can’t use those excuses against her…she 100% makes the team on absolute merit. Imagine that?!

Out of the 500+ girls that play under the Phenom umbrella, she’s one of only 30 (give or take) that plays on one of the three EYBL teams (15U, 16U, 17U).

Anyone is welcome to tryout - tryouts are typically held in Columbia in August/September (for MO Phenom…the only official Nike EYBL organization in Missouri. And while playing EYBL is not the end-all, be-all…I’d venture to guess that any elite athlete that had the choice to play EYBL or some other circuit, would 9.5 times out of 10 choose to play EYBL.

You should see the D1/power 5 coaches circled around the EYBL courts. Any big name coach you can think of - is there. Those EYBL courts are pretty special…and any Nike tournament makes a point to make them look special.

And now Sami will be afforded the opportunity to continue to play at that level year-round.I can arguably say, there’s not one person on this thread that has ever watched my kid actually PLAY the game. I can also arguably say that if my kid was suddenly going to be playing on the same team as yours…that she’d be one of your new favorite players. There’s not one of you on here that would say, “No.”

Sami has played travel ball with all the players you’ve mentioned (or players with the schools you’ve mentioned):

Breona Hurd
Rock Bridge (at least half her EYBL team are Rock Bridge players)
Incarnate Word (rumor has it they are already refusing to play LA…hmmm…what a shame.)
John Burroughs
MICDS
Lutheran South (and Sami runs circles around their “big”...that one had me rolling. Haha!
Etc.

She knows just about all the elite level ballers in the state of Missouri. She also knows the majority of them across the country at this point. (Grace Knox is my personal fave and there ain’t no ‘Grace Knox’ is MO - that’s for damn sure!)

Link games played in the State of MO will be ref'd by MSHSSA refs. However, the competition will be so distinctively different than typical high school ball, there won't be a problem - she'll be playing with and against the top tier players across the country...just as she does with her EYBL team.

Can you imagine the difference your play becomes just playing at the highest level year-round?

Having said all of that, and I know boys, I've said quite a bit...but in all sincerity, be happy to answer any questions you might have...chances are I just might know the answer(s) better than anyone else on this thread, considering this thread is about my kid.

I’d guess that not one person on here has a daughter that’s a true “big”...which makes this all the more fascinating to me from a behavioral perspective - so your daughter and my daughter would never be competing for the same spot. So it begs the question: why do you even care? (Rhetorical question) Or is it the height thing? Got a little short man syndrome happening in here?

Sami always reminds me that "haters" are GREAT because they're actually FANS. But this thread is an instance where I don't give a sh*t and I’m removing my muzzle to call out a group of grown MEN that started and are participating in a thread that’s titled with my kid’s name…now who needs the proverbial “muzzle”? You do realize what an oxymoron this really is, correct? Furthermore, she's just a 16yo girl, BOYS. Get a grip.

And P.S. You don’t know sh*t about me because if you did, you’d know I’m not delusional and fill my kid’s head up by telling her she’s the best at whatever…I’d never say my kid is the best player on the team(s) she plays for…certainly not her travel team(s)...but what she is on any and every team she plays for…she’s a difference maker - and that, boys, is precisely why you’d welcome her with open arms. Please try and convince me otherwise.

Last edited:
I know nothing about this young lady but she may want to put a muzzle on her mom. You better have amazing talent for a college coach to put up with that type of crazy from a parent down the road.
I still stand by this comment 100%. With that said, I wish your daughter nothing but the best. Do her a favor and make it easier on her rather than harder.

Negative things have been said on this board about D1 players. That is just the nature of a message board. At least they are talking about you.

Wow that is a lot of words. Kudos to anyone who actually read all of it
I checked out about four paragraphs in. Kind of confirmed some previous statements. Lol. Good luck to the young lady at LA next year and beyond.

Well, well, wellllllllll boys...isn't this interesting. Can I clear some things up for ya?

Let me start by saying that the "muzzle" comment...that's fair. I could provide a much bigger picture that would clearly explain where that comes from…a picture that would have you seeing things from a much different perspective - but I’m not going to try and justify my behavior…it is absolutely UGLY (& even borderline embarrassing) sometimes.Yes - in those moments where I’m losing my marbles…I’m very much aware that I’m going to regret everything flying out of my mouth…but the rage runs deep sometimes.

However, in my defense, there’s only a handful of schools I lose my marbles over:
Branson and Nixa are the biggest culprits. I’m guessing a few of you are associated with those schools (& yes, I do recall the Miller game last year…I was definitely frustrated and Sami was too but it had nothing to do with Miller. Lol.

Aside from that, I would argue that I’m fairly well behaved at the majority of games - as in you don’t hear a peep outta me:. Carthage, CJ, Joplin, Republic, Willard, Rolla, even Seneca (ahhh…I bet Seneca is most definitely on this thread. Now I’m really chuckling).

So while I am guilty of losing my sh*t once in a while, it’s far more likely that I’m well behaved vs. misbehaving.

The comment about college coaches not wanting (nor having) to put up with such poor behavior…that’s another comment that speaks the truth. This will most likely surprise you, but I was a D1 athlete myself - but it wasn’t basketball. So *surprise* - I “get it” far more than most and probably more than 90% of those participating on a thread named after my 16yo daughter.

But truth-be-told…that kid is doing something RIGHT to have grown peeps commenting on a thread named after her. I love it! Lol.

Yes, I do hold an opinion about MSHSSA refs and “school ball”…and even that isn’t all encompassing, there are far more that I probably love, than the handful of those I dread calling any game my kid is playing in. The primary reason for my frustration centers around potential injuries that would be a direct result of the lack of calls - but again, there’s really no justifying ugly behavior.

However, you have peaked my interest, I’d LOVE to *hear* what it is you’ve been told I’ve said, or that you’ve *heard* me say about MSHSSA refs…it just sounds so…JUICY!

For the most part, I know people on both sides of the stands because Sami most likely is playing against someone that plays in the same AAU organization she’s associated with. So that keeps me in check.

And while MSHSSA refs will indeed ref any games Link Academy (LA) plays in Missouri, they won’t be the same referees they are in school ball. The game will be so much more elevated - and that’s not being arrogant, it’s just facts. Link is recruiting players from all over the country to play against teams that also recruit from all over the country.The playing field is leveled in that regard and it will push Sami to be faster, to have the agility to play 5-out and to not be “just a big”. But that’s neither here nor there at this point.

“They say” that all elite level players will be playing for schools like LA within the next five years. And while I know most in this group don’t consider my kid to be an elite level player, I’m not remotely concerned with anyone’s opinion about her basketball acumen.

Knowing you creep my kid’s Twitter page, I’m certain you’re already well aware that she plays travel ball for one of only 32 official Nike EYBL teams in the country. Nike EYBL - you know, the most elite circuit out there.

And GUESS WHAT?! She actually has to tryout for MO Phenom’s Nike EYBL team every single year - the nerve of those people! Lol.

GUESS WHAT ELSE?! .She doesn’t make the team because I’m sleeping with a coach or because I have deep pockets - so you can’t use those excuses against her…she 100% makes the team on absolute merit. Imagine that?!

Out of the 500+ girls that play under the Phenom umbrella, she’s one of only 30 (give or take) that plays on one of the three EYBL teams (15U, 16U, 17U).

Anyone is welcome to tryout - tryouts are typically held in Columbia in August/September (for MO Phenom…the only official Nike EYBL organization in Missouri. And while playing EYBL is not the end-all, be-all…I’d venture to guess that any elite athlete that had the choice to play EYBL or some other circuit, would 9.5 times out of 10 choose to play EYBL.

You should see the D1/power 5 coaches circled around the EYBL courts. Any big name coach you can think of - is there. Those EYBL courts are pretty special…and any Nike tournament makes a point to make them look special.

And now Sami will be afforded the opportunity to continue to play at that level year-round.I can arguably say, there’s not one person on this thread that has ever watched my kid actually PLAY the game. I can also arguably say that if my kid was suddenly going to be playing on the same team as yours…that she’d be one of your new favorite players. There’s not one of you on here that would say, “No.”

Sami has played travel ball with all the players you’ve mentioned (or players with the schools you’ve mentioned):

Breona Hurd
Incarnate Word (rumor has it they are already refusing to play LA…hmmm…what a shame.)
John Burroughs
MICDS
Lutheran South (and Sami runs circles around their “big”...that one had me rolling. Haha!
Etc.

She knows just about all the elite level ballers in the state of Missouri. She also knows the majority of them across the country at this point. (Grace Knox is my personal fave and there ain’t no ‘Grace Knox’ is MO - that’s for damn sure!)

Link games played in the State of MO will be ref'd by MSHSSA refs. However, the competition will be so distinctively different than typical high school ball, there won't be a problem - she'll be playing with and against the top tier players across the country...just as she does with her EYBL team.

Can you imagine the difference your play becomes just playing at the highest level year-round?

Having said all of that, and I know boys, I've said quite a bit...but in all sincerity, be happy to answer any questions you might have...chances are I just might know the answer(s) better than anyone else on this thread, considering this thread is about my kid.

I’d guess that not one person on here has a daughter that’s a true “big”...which makes this all the more fascinating to me from a behavioral perspective - so your daughter and my daughter would never be competing for the same spot. So it begs the question: why do you even care? (Rhetorical question) Or is it the height thing? Got a little short man syndrome happening in here?

Sami always reminds me that "haters" are GREAT because they're actually FANS. But this thread is an instance where I don't give a sh*t and I’m removing my muzzle to call out a group of grown MEN that started and are participating in a thread that’s titled with my kid’s name…now who needs the proverbial “muzzle”? You do realize what an oxymoron this really is, correct? Furthermore, she's just a 16yo girl, BOYS. Get a grip.

And P.S. You don’t know sh*t about me because if you did, you’d know I’m not delusional and fill my kid’s head up by telling her she’s the best at whatever…I’d never say my kid is the best player on the team(s) she plays for…certainly not her travel team(s)...but what she is on any and every team she plays for…she’s a difference maker - and that, boys, is precisely why you’d welcome her with open arms. Please try and convince me otherwise.
somebody-poked-the.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Eagles_Ball

Breona Hurd
John Burroughs
MICDS
Etc.

If this is really her mom, this does not make Sami's life easier. Nowadays, with social media, there is a lot of negative chatter. Parents and players just need to learn to ignore it. I hate to see a local school lose good talent. Good luck to Sami at Link Academy and hope she is able to fulfill her dreams.

Wow!!! Shocking that someone that writes a novel on a message board complaining and bragging would be a pain in the stands🙄 Kind of feel sorry for the young athlete.

I am more shocked it took her this long to find this thread and go on a rant.
I just can't decide if it is satire or not. Rant basically confirms everything that everyone has said. I do wish the daughter the best of luck going forward.

Also was the phrase creeping on her Twitter account used? Isn't the point of the account to give Sami publicity and so people know what she is doing?

Saddest thing to me about this whole situation is the kid is getting told to do absolutely nothing except basketball by AAU coaches. I watched this young lady in a couple of track meets last year as a freshman. Saw her early in the year at a meet at Carthage. She won the shot by a little bit. pretty much because she was just bigger than everyone else. I thought, well thats all she is, a big girl that wont ever have any technique. Then I saw her at the end of the year at the COC championship and at Districts . Her technique was much better. She won conference and district easily in the shot. Plus then she had picked up throwing the Discus and was really good at that. I think she ended up 5th or 6th at State in the shot last year as a Freshman!! I was shocked when I noticed she was not throwing this year. I asked one of the Webb parents where she was and they told me she was told by her AAU coach that track took up too much of her time and she needed to focus on basketball.
I know AAU makes it easy for college coaches to scout multiple players in one game, but I think most college coaches would rather have a HS coach's opinion when it comes to recruiting. Although, in girls basketball, sometimes a certain size is enough to be recruited to d1. Regardless of talent.

Saddest thing to me about this whole situation is the kid is getting told to do absolutely nothing except basketball by AAU coaches. I watched this young lady in a couple of track meets last year as a freshman. Saw her early in the year at a meet at Carthage. She won the shot by a little bit. pretty much because she was just bigger than everyone else. I thought, well thats all she is, a big girl that wont ever have any technique. Then I saw her at the end of the year at the COC championship and at Districts . Her technique was much better. She won conference and district easily in the shot. Plus then she had picked up throwing the Discus and was really good at that. I think she ended up 5th or 6th at State in the shot last year as a Freshman!! I was shocked when I noticed she was not throwing this year. I asked one of the Webb parents where she was and they told me she was told by her AAU coach that track took up too much of her time and she needed to focus on basketball.
Sad if true, but I would not be surprised. We have seen this from Club Volleyball for years and seeing it happen in basketball is not surprising. Kids and parents heads get filled with so many lies, and stretches of the truth, a lot of it for the sake of $$$$$, although they will never admit it.

I know AAU makes it easy for college coaches to scout multiple players in one game, but I think most college coaches would rather have a HS coach's opinion when it comes to recruiting. Although, in girls basketball, sometimes a certain size is enough to be recruited to d1. Regardless of talent.
You couldn’t be more wrong. College coaches will call a HS Coach out of courtesy. But they care a lot more what the grassroots coach thinks. Not the dummy coaching in MAYB crap, or the garbage local tourneys. The coach at a legit program. (Nobody is recruiting g the kids playing in the local crap anyway.) All “AAU” isnt the same.

Reactions: hangmanbobbyjaggers
You couldn’t be more wrong. College coaches will call a HS Coach out of courtesy. But they care a lot more what the grassroots coach thinks. Not the dummy coaching in MAYB crap, or the garbage local tourneys. The coach at a legit program. (Nobody is recruiting g the kids playing in the local crap anyway.) All “AAU” isnt the same.
Define “grassroots”. Since I am in the dark as to the local programs. In your opinion.

That is true. Coaches listen more to the AAU coaches than HS coaches at any level too. AAU coaches are the first to be contacted because coaches get all the info from the summer tournaments kids are playing in and have a head start on building that relationship with the AAU coach before the HS coach comes into the picture.

Mancini committed to Providence College several months ago. I don't see her on the roster now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT