ADVERTISEMENT

Residency and Eligibility Question

DHS_Strong

Aug 21, 2015
Student lives in district A, which is a K-8 district.
Student attends district B as freshman and sophomore.
Student transfers to district C for junior year.

Any eligibility issues/concerns?

If I understand correctly, if there were no change of address, YES that would be an issue.
Student transfers to D, a private school with his former youth coach.
Student then transfers senior year to E, after former youth coach gets hired in Illinois.
The student then plays IGM Academy in an exhibition game as a tailback for Bishop Sycamore (a fictional school)

It would depend on why they moved from B to C. Assuming both B and C are schools that they could have attended initially from school A. If no change of address would not initially be automatically eligible at school C. Would then be a question of why they changed schools and would need to not be related to athletics. (in theory according to MSHSAA all of that is true in reality who knows anymore what MSHSAA would do)

Yes that may be a concern. Your son should be playing instead.

depends on if you're losing or gaining i guess.

If the students address remains the same and has played on a varsity team then there very well maybe concerns

Different eligibility issue. It used to be if a school employee lived in a different district than where they taught that their kids could play for either school. I’ve heard that is no longer true. Anyone in the know?

Different eligibility issue. It used to be if a school employee lived in a different district than where they taught that their kids could play for either school. I’ve heard that is no longer true. Anyone in the know?
If your kid goes to a different school with you and plays...and you take a job in another town that you don't reside in....they will 365 the kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT