ADVERTISEMENT

Tipton

Wheels 1

Aug 10, 2013
The Tipton School District announced in a Facebook post that Meadville girls basketball coach Steve Carvajal will be the district’s next Activities Administrator. Carvajal led Meadville to an undefeated state championship season in 2023 and his Lady Eagles spent this past regular season ranked number 1, before falling in the state quarterfinals to Cairo. While his senior All-State daughter, Paige, graduates, his other All-State daughter, Madison, is wrapping up her sophomore season. Tipton girls basketball finished 3rd at state this past season and won a state championship in 2023. Tipton will be part of the new Central State 8 conference, that Harrisburg and Fayette will also be part of.

The Tipton School District announced in a Facebook post that Meadville girls basketball coach Steve Carvajal will be the district’s next Activities Administrator. Carvajal led Meadville to an undefeated state championship season in 2023 and his Lady Eagles spent this past regular season ranked number 1, before falling in the state quarterfinals to Cairo. While his senior All-State daughter, Paige, graduates, his other All-State daughter, Madison, is wrapping up her sophomore season. Tipton girls basketball finished 3rd at state this past season and won a state championship in 2023. Tipton will be part of the new Central State 8 conference, that Harrisburg and Fayette will also be part of.
Culpepper was the AD and asst principal. He gets bumped up to THE principal and the new guy is brought in as AD. Small districts things are different, I understand, but I’d think most districts frown on administrators being head coaches. Is Culpepper going to step aside and the new guy be the guy?

Culpepper was the AD and asst principal. He gets bumped up to THE principal and the new guy is brought in as AD. Small districts things are different, I understand, but I’d think most districts frown on administrators being head coaches. Is Culpepper going to step aside and the new guy be the guy?
I don't know. He is going to just be AD. or maybe asst. Adding his soph. daughter to a team that was already loaded. She averaged 22ppg 6.5 reb 6.6 asst per game. Tipton and Skyline are going to be a handfull next year.

I don't know. He is going to just be AD. or maybe asst. Adding his soph. daughter to a team that was already loaded. She averaged 22ppg 6.5 reb 6.6 asst per game. Tipton and Skyline are going to be a handfull next year.
Tipton has one of the best 8th graders coming in as a freshman next year as well! I believe Carvajal is retired and has only a certain amount of hours he can work. I would think both jobs would be too many hours.

Reactions: 86THS and Wheels 1
Wow Sounds like Tipton should good for a few more years then I had not heard about the 8th grader. Will she be an 8th grader this year or a freshman? I know they return a solid core from this year and adding the girl from Meadville will be huge get.

Reactions: Wheels 1
Wow Sounds like Tipton should good for a few more years then I had not heard about the 8th grader. Will she be an 8th grader this year or a freshman? I know they return a solid core from this year and adding the girl from Meadville will be huge get.
She is an 8th grader this year. Really good for a few more years

Thanks for the information. I know Skyline returns a lot as well for the next couple. Looks like Class 2 will be between them for the next couple of years at least.

Last edited:
The rich get richer...great hire for Tipton. Harrisburg's new coach bringing his daughter to join a good squad. Fayette won 20+ last year. Russellville was above .500 again. Linn was above .500 and was super young. That Central State 8 Conference will be tough.

The rich get richer...great hire for Tipton. Harrisburg's new coach bringing his daughter to join a good squad. Fayette won 20+ last year. Russellville was above .500 again. Linn was above .500 and was super young. That Central State 8 Conference will be tough.
Everyone is playing for second next year for sure. Most likely the next 4 years too.

Reactions: MoBucketsMo
I don’t think Skyline would agree. I think it’s Skyline’s title next year. You also never know how a team will mesh with a move in player
I was talking about the conference. Skyline seems to have Tipton's number. Besides Skyline has been moved up before too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT