ADVERTISEMENT

REPMO 15,,,,,,WC. 13

I think those that pay close enough attention are focused a little more on the process rather than the result or outcome. When you look at why they've played poorly or lost close games, it probably leaves some room for concern over the future no matter the talent level.
I agree with you on that. Historically Webb City wins close games 9/10 times and webb fans should be concerned about how those games are trending.

Most people I've talked to seem to fall into one of two camps. They are dejected over the current state of affairs because they have a senior or they just think its over. These are a minority. The rest recognize a problem, but right now their biggest complaint is that there are so many good kids playing that it's creating conflict among families because there are just way more skilled kids than there are spots on the team and everyone thinks their kid deserves one.

No one is saying make a coaching change but a lot of people are quietly concerned because of the way many of these losses occurred, as you said. Most seem patient to get it fixed other than those with seniors.

spoiled.gif

I saw the Ozark-Webb game. Their kicker was absolutely terrible, so I understand why they didn't want to kick it. I am sure the people of Webb cIty love being represented by a couple posters on this board. When I have attended Webb games most of my interactions with Webb people has been very positive. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't glad to see Webb city look human just like the rest of us. However, it is sad to see a couple of posters make a whole fan base seem like crazy idiots.

It's more sad that many people make a judgment about a team's entire fanbase based on the few people who post on here.

So, just watching it...sure looks like what happened.
They knew it was 4th down, thought the best option was picking up 2 yds rather kicking from far right hash, went in a hurry trying to catch Republic off guard. It didn't work. It happens.

They knew it was 4th down, thought the best option was picking up 2 yds rather kicking from far right hash, went in a hurry trying to catch Republic off guard. It didn't work. It happens.
Very possibly true. Maybe the surprised look and actions from the players was because they didn't get it. I could buy that.

I agree with you on that. Historically Webb City wins close games 9/10 times and webb fans should be concerned about how those games are trending.

Most people I've talked to seem to fall into one of two camps. They are dejected over the current state of affairs because they have a senior or they just think its over. These are a minority. The rest recognize a problem, but right now their biggest complaint is that there are so many good kids playing that it's creating conflict among families because there are just way more skilled kids than there are spots on the team and everyone thinks their kid deserves one.

No one is saying make a coaching change but a lot of people are quietly concerned because of the way many of these losses occurred, as you said. Most seem patient to get it fixed other than those with seniors.
Hard for me to believe the problem is too many athletes 🙈

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT