ADVERTISEMENT

Raytown/Smithville/Liberty/Kearney Jamboree.

JNreturns

Aug 1, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Tonight!

Will the Raytown QB still look like a D1 talent?
How depleted will Smithville be after being stocked up good last year?
Liberty: Why are you, a Class 6 school, jamming with three Class 4 schools?
Kearney: Like Forrest Gump opening up yer box-a-chocolates!

I don't think Liberty is out of whack jamming with those school, all are schools in the area, there will be a good turnout ($$$). Kearney always makes a deep run, would beat most class 5 schools. Smithville looked good until it ran into a STL school, and until today Raytown has been class 5, and a good regular season team the last couple of years.

I don't think Liberty is out of whack jamming with those school, all are schools in the area, there will be a good turnout ($$$). Kearney always makes a deep run, would beat most class 5 schools. Smithville looked good until it ran into a STL school, and until today Raytown has been class 5, and a good regular season team the last couple of years.

Okay. So I went.

Kearney: looked good Dominated Smithville and Raytown (4 turnovers - three would have been retuned for TDs.) Held Liberty except for penatly called for piling on call when ball was loose? Otherwise, Liberty went nowhere. The only score was on K #2s.

Raytown: great D. They have a DT (#54) that looks SEC ready...beast. Their superstar QB didnt play. They looked inept on offense versus K. They did move ball on Liberty and Smithville.

Liberty. Of course the most well rounded team there. Likely be 6-4 in C6, which in this area is good.

Smithville. Major regression. Had flashes on the O. Pretty solid cover D. Not last year's team by any stretch.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_utvqikut1knht
Okay. So I went.

Kearney: had the best defense of everyone. Dominated Smithville and Raytown (4 turnovers - three would have been retuned for TDs.) Held Liberty except for penatly called for piling on call when ball was loose? Otherwise, Liberty went nowhere.

Raytown: great D. They have a DT (#54) that looks SEC ready...beast. Their superstar QB didnt play. They looked inept on offense versus K. They did move ball on Liberty and Smithville.

Liberty. Of course the most well rounded team there. Likely be 6-4 in C6, which in this area is good.

Smithville. Major regression. Had flashes on the O. Pretty solid cover D. Not last year's team by any stretch.
What about Kearney's offense (my now annual biggest concern)? Raytown keeping Campbell out is why I never attend these deals...............a smart move, frankly, by Minnick and Co. Of these four I still suspect they are much the best overall.

I took my six grandsons to the jamboree in Liberty last night. Kearney won warmups as usual, and Liberty won best looking unis. Liberty scored on Kearney D once and had a couple of big plays behind their massive offensive line. Raytown looks like they are bringing the Air Raid offense to the KC metro. All 4 teams look poised to have good seasons. On a side note, the weiners from the concession stand were hot and the Pepsi was cold. All that was missing was the cold fall air and dads huddled up around the fences yelling at the play-callers!

What about Kearney's offense (my now annual biggest concern)? Raytown keeping Campbell out is why I never attend these deals...............a smart move, frankly, by Minnick and Co. Of these four I still suspect they are much the best overall.
Raytown was #3 on the night. Nice flashes of D. Offense was shaky. Could not run the ball. At leasr against K or L. With#1 back, perhaps they look better.

Kearney offense. Better than last year running the ball. Passing: questionable. Probably not on par with last year.

Reactions: anon_utvqikut1knht
I took my six grandsons to the jamboree in Liberty last night. Kearney won warmups as usual, and Liberty won best looking unis. Liberty scored on Kearney D once and had a couple of big plays behind their massive offensive line. Raytown looks like they are bringing the Air Raid offense to the KC metro. All 4 teams look poised to have good seasons. On a side note, the weiners from the concession stand were hot and the Pepsi was cold. All that was missing was the cold fall air and dads huddled up around the fences yelling at the play-callers!
Now THAT is what I call a quality first post!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT