ADVERTISEMENT

Annual next year sneak peek (NWMO-KC Metro)

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
As yesterday proved the KC Northland is absolutely on fire these days and I expect that to continue (massive congrats again to Liberty North and Kearney). Here are a few teams/players to watch next summer/fall:

PLATTE COUNTY - QB Marriott and Co. evolved to a great degree this year nearly shocking Grain Valley and pretty much every key player both sides of the ball returns. MAJOR C5 contender. Stay healthy I see them in CoMo this time next year.

FORT OSAGE - Any top program that returns a RB like Peppers has a shot. Solve the QB issue this is going to be another C5 contender.

ST. PIUS X - Another very young team that came oh so close to CoMo will return a galaxy of top talent and will be another to watch big time whether C3 or 4.

LIBERTY - Junior heavy squad who improved vastly as the 2023 season rolled on and pushed aforementioned eventual champ in their District title rematch.

Will defer to others for smaller class teams outside this area etc. WOW what a journey 2023 has been cannot already wait (sure sign of addiction LOL) for the next one!

As yesterday proved the KC Northland is absolutely on fire these days and I expect that to continue (massive congrats again to Liberty North and Kearney). Here are a few teams/players to watch next summer/fall:

PLATTE COUNTY - QB Marriott and Co. evolved to a great degree this year nearly shocking Grain Valley and pretty much every key player both sides of the ball returns. MAJOR C5 contender. Stay healthy I see them in CoMo this time next year.

FORT OSAGE - Any top program that returns a RB like Peppers has a shot. Solve the QB issue this is going to be another C5 contender.

ST. PIUS X - Another very young team that came oh so close to CoMo will return a galaxy of top talent and will be another to watch big time whether C3 or 4.

LIBERTY - Junior heavy squad who improved vastly as the 2023 season rolled on and pushed aforementioned eventual champ in their District title rematch.

Will defer to others for smaller class teams outside this area etc. WOW what a journey 2023 has been cannot already wait (sure sign of addiction LOL) for the next one!
Im upset at myself for not paying more attention to them throughout the year,(Watched 2 games), but through all my Saturday Morning Quarterbacking this year, countless hours of MaxPreps/810Vaesity/PrepsKC scouting, im willing to say Liberty may have a National Power House for the next year or 2 and i dont say that lightly. 18 returning starters, 12-14 (gotta get the exact number) sophomores who started varsity, 7-4 with losses to 3 out of the 5 best 6A northland teams this year. They are losing their QB but from what i saw, no offense to the kid, but he was the weak point of the team.

Or they could win 6-9 games and tap out to the usual suspects. Lots of other talent coming back across KC next year.

Class 6 is nucking futs.
LN, Rockhurst,LSN, BSS all will be returning good talent and experience

Class 5 PC, Fort O are probably far ahead of anyone else in KC. GV has some good linemen and another big and fast running back but will need to see if anyone can step up at QB,WR. As far as defense goes they were young and most coming back time to get better.

Class 4 has Kearney and Smithville enough said, will be interesting to see how much a certain LS school leaves Grandview to play with as well.

Class 6 is nucking futs.

Class 5 PC, Fort O are probably far ahead of anyone else in KC. GV has some good linemen and another big and fast running back but will need to see if anyone can step up at QB,WR. As far as defense goes they were young and most coming back time to get better.

Class 4 has Kearney and Smithville enough said, will be interesting to see how much a certain LS school leaves Grandview to play with as well.
Kearney and Smithville both lose a LOT. The Class 4 door could open wide next year in NWMO. I would pay attention to (likely should have included them in my list) Savannah and (if they can develop a D) Warrensburg.

Fort returns a lot on both side of the ball...but as you said the key will be the qb position. I've wondered if they might go with an athlete like Thompson at qb if nobody else is ready to step up. If they can find a qb they could be a handful.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Based strictly of the success factor Pius will go up two classes... here's where it gets scary... If they get a boost in enrollment... which I'm hearing may happen, they could be Class 3 and be playing Class 5. Also heard they put Rock on their schedule for next year.

Class 6 is nucking futs.

Blue Springs South was a lot like Staley. Deceptive losing record this year many close ones. Agree on them as a darkhorse in C6............

Based strictly of the success factor Pius will go up two classes... here's where it gets scary... If they get a boost in enrollment... which I'm hearing may happen, they could be Class 3 and be playing Class 5. Also heard they put Rock on their schedule for next year.
Do you know if they retained St. James Academy?

Fort returns a lot on both side of the ball...but as you said the key will be the qb position. I've wondered if they might go with an athlete like Thompson at qb if nobody else is ready to step up. If they can find a qb they could be a handful.
Saw the basketball team play this week. Wish they could get their two bigs on the basketball court back out.
One guy is 6'2 and looks very strong. I think he is a very good baseball player. I would love to see him on the line.
The 6'6 kid is a fantastic basketball player, very aggressive and athletic. He'd be a senior next year though so I'd doubt the QB role, but he played it in 8th grade as a backup to Thompson I think? I think he is an All-State Javelin thrower so he has a cannon. He'd make a heck of a WR/TE. They need a passing game to compliment Peppers and keep defenses guessing.
I've heard there is a freshman QB that looks promising?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fort80
Liberty has had a wrestling dynasty of late. I'm still a big believer in quality wrestling programs equaling a tough football team with solid tackling. Add to that all those returning numbers they sound dangerous.

I'd watch Lees Summit West. Mozee learned from Scorpio Horn while he was at Chrisman and I think Willie Horn can recruit just as well. They picked him for a reason. I'll be curious if Mozee keeps coaching LSN after his son graduates next year? I'd think he could get a college coaching job wherever his son decides to go.

Liberty only had 7 seniors this year. The soph class will be a juggernaut. Surprised they had such success this season with a mostly soph team. Two years from now. Watch out.

Reactions: FishOutofWater6
Saw the basketball team play this week. Wish they could get their two bigs on the basketball court back out.
One guy is 6'2 and looks very strong. I think he is a very good baseball player. I would love to see him on the line.
The 6'6 kid is a fantastic basketball player, very aggressive and athletic. He'd be a senior next year though so I'd doubt the QB role, but he played it in 8th grade as a backup to Thompson I think? I think he is an All-State Javelin thrower so he has a cannon. He'd make a heck of a WR/TE. They need a passing game to compliment Peppers and keep defenses guessing.
I've heard there is a freshman QB that looks promising?
Yeah, the freshman plays basketball as well and looks athletic but not sure he’ll be physically ready next season. The 6’6” kid did play football, didn’t play a lot, last season but was at de.

Reactions: quadzilla200
Kearney will be good not as good at QB more athletic kid there with the run not as good with the pass. Defense will be very good returning a bunch of kids. Soph running back is the hidden gem I think also a VERY fast junior next year WR.

Kearney will be good not as good at QB more athletic kid there with the run not as good with the pass. Defense will be very good returning a bunch of kids. Soph running back is the hidden gem I think also a VERY fast junior next year WR.
They are, barring the unforeseen, coming right back to this future list in one year. The FR and SOPH classes appear both to be pretty loaded.

They are, barring the unforeseen, coming right back to this future list in one year. The FR and SOPH classes appear both to be pretty loaded.

Five 1st Team All-Conf players back. Probably three all-state players back. I know you don't like looking at 8th and 9th results, but the coming senior class turbo clocked Park Hill South, Oak Park and beat Smithville 30-0 and Platte County by more than 14 as Frosh. Yes, missing an FCS QB and RB, and all state WRs will be something to make up for. But the coming senior class is loaded with more all-state-level athletes. The starters in 9th grade allowed 6 points their entire season.

Five 1st Team All-Conf players back. Probably three all-state players back. I know you don't like looking at 8th and 9th results, but the coming senior class turbo clocked Park Hill South, Oak Park and beat Smithville 30-0 and Platte County by more than 14 as Frosh. Yes, missing an FCS QB and RB, and all state WRs will be something to make up for. But the coming senior class is loaded with more all-state-level athletes. The starters in 9th grade allowed 6 points their entire season.
Actually I was discussing all the way down to 3rd grade this past Saturday in CoMo. Those are, of course, very long range but all I hear and see is winning, winning, winning at every level these days. TheDaddy also mentioned the 6th graders I believe.

As I told folks prior to this game the good times are back in full here in KMO I think next year's team will look different but still be an extremely tough out.

90d8e90b-297e-405f-ae16-37935d33b170_text.gif

Reactions: Arcola
Actually I was discussing all the way down to 3rd grade this past Saturday in CoMo. Those are, of course, very long range but all I hear and see is winning, winning, winning at every level these days. TheDaddy also mentioned the 6th graders I believe.

As I told folks prior to this game the good times are back in full here in KMO I think next year's team will look different but still be an extremely tough out.

K will likely have some different Class 5s and a Class 6 or two on the schedule next year.

Same, much preferred over the ray south and wm chrismans
Ray South is in the Sub Blue so Kearney will play them for certain (they were not bad this past season). I hope Rose gets Chrisman on track soon. I am also not big on naming the down schools just me I suppose..............

Ray South is in the Sub Blue so Kearney will play them for certain (they were not bad this past season). I hope Rose gets Chrisman on track soon. I am also not big on naming the down schools just me I suppose..............
Its all good, folks differ, hell unless GV has an incredible summer, I and some others will be talking about how down we are.

Wow, Fort only will have two non-conf games. They are going from a 5 team conference to a 8 team conference.
PC,FO & GV need to be scheduling tough non-conf games with that division. If they have a say I'd be asking to play each other in October. You'd hate for those to be Week 1 or 2 games. Or pickup the two non-conf. late. Ruskin's enrollment skyrocketed this year and I have no idea where that growth could've come from. I'm sure they wish it hadn't.
White Division
Belton
Fort Osage
Grain Valley
Platte County
Raytown
Ruskin
Truman
William Chrisman

Reactions: Fort80
Wow, Fort only will have two non-conf games. They are going from a 5 team conference to a 8 team conference.
PC,FO & GV need to be scheduling tough non-conf games with that division. If they have a say I'd be asking to play each other in October. You'd hate for those to be Week 1 or 2 games. Or pickup the two non-conf. late. Ruskin's enrollment skyrocketed this year and I have no idea where that growth could've come from. I'm sure they wish it hadn't.
White Division
Belton
Fort Osage
Grain Valley
Platte County
Raytown
Ruskin
Truman
William Chrisman
Did not put on my list because of newness but I'd watch Ruskin in 2024, too. May not become upper tier but could be around .500 far better than, honestly, since they absorbed Hickman Mills and beyond. Very, very well coached squad.

Did not put on my list because of newness but I'd watch Ruskin in 2024, too. May not become upper tier but could be around .500 far better than, honestly, since they absorbed Hickman Mills and beyond. Very, very well coached squad.

Just a thought, but if Ruskin could just muster up 95% of the talent in that school...they would be really freaking good. I would wager they can muster up 45% - 50% now based on grades, home life, etc...

Just a thought, but if Ruskin could just muster up 95% of the talent in that school...they would be really freaking good. I would wager they can muster up 45% - 50% now based on grades, home life, etc...
story of most high schools, some of the best talent sitting out or only playing 1 sport

Rockhurst vs Pius will be a lot of fun, this is the first I've heard about this.

I'd love to see a KCMO non-charter or Independence school not named Fort O have some success.

Winnetonka is the one I pull for. The other three NKC schools seem to get 90% of the attention. Somewhat depressing when you go there and see all the very old photos and banners with hardly anything from this century.

Reactions: _slo_mo_
Winnetonka is the one I pull for. The other three NKC schools seem to get 90% of the attention. Somewhat depressing when you go there and see all the very old photos and banners with hardly anything from this century.
They have a total of 5 Final Four banners (3 baseball, 2 softball) and the newest one is 27 years old.

• Sad
Liberty only had 7 seniors this year. The soph class will be a juggernaut. Surprised they had such success this season with a mostly soph team. Two years from now. Watch out.
Think Top may be right and it may be sooner, will be interesting to watch if they can make the jump. The QB backup this year was a kid that started the district game as a soph a year ago against BSS in districts when current QB went down the week before. In the game I saw, he played WR. From what I hear this kid is also the PG on the basketball team.

Think Top may be right and it may be sooner, will be interesting to watch if they can make the jump. The QB backup this year was a kid that started the district game as a soph a year ago against BSS in districts when current QB went down the week before. In the game I saw, he played WR. From what I hear this kid is also the PG on the basketball team.

North better start recruiting

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT