ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Predictions for Each Class

There's nothing wrong with 8 man football. It gives kids in small schools a chance to play the game, and it's still built around blocking and tackling. Just like 11 man, it's hard be successful against good teams if you can't do those two things.

No question, it's a different game strategically. The field size and the fact that their are 6 fewer players on the field make it more susceptible to high scores but that doesn't mean it's not a worthwhile endeavor for the kids playing, the coaches coaching and the communities that are invested in it.

It's hard to compare 11 man and 8 man football apples to apples but their are plenty of good 8 man coaches that could excel coaching 11 man and their is undoubtedly more that a handful of very talented players that could help 11 man teams throughout the state.

Just my two cents, which probably isn't worth two cents.

Seems I struck a nerve.... I hope you find a way to enjoy your day. IDK why my ego plays in to this. I have reiterated many times at this point. IT IS JUST MY OPINION. Sorry, not sorry, if that upsets you. Go back to the basketball boards where you belong
I’m sticking around. And I always have a great day. I appreciate all sports at all levels, something you wouldn’t understand.

There's nothing wrong with 8 man football. It gives kids in small schools a chance to play the game, and it's still built around blocking and tackling. Just like 11 man, it's hard be successful against good teams if you can't do those two things.

No question, it's a different game strategically. The field size and the fact that their are 6 fewer players on the field make it more susceptible to high scores but that doesn't mean it's not a worthwhile endeavor for the kids playing, the coaches coaching and the communities that are invested in it.

It's hard to compare 11 man and 8 man football apples to apples but their are plenty of good 8 man coaches that could excel coaching 11 man and their is undoubtedly more that a handful of very talented players that could help 11 man teams throughout the state.

Just my two cents, which probably isn't worth two cents.
Elitists don’t understand. They will criticize anything that is different than what they think should be the norm.

I’m sticking around. And I always have a great day. I appreciate all sports at all levels, something you wouldn’t understand.
I never once said I didn't like 8man lol I just said that I think 11man is more entertaining. But I will admit I wish I enjoyed basketball more, it just doesn't scratch my itch for some reason.

Overall didn't mean to offend, have had family play 8man ball and enjoyed watching them play. More poking fun in jest. HS football in ANY capacity is better than anything else available on a Friday night, again, just my opinion haha

Good luck to everyone's teams this Friday! Gonna be a good one.

Elitists don’t understand. They will criticize anything that is different than what they think should be the norm.
How is enjoying a good nap considered elitist!?!? Are you too good for naps!?!?

8-man football gives kids in small towns the ability to play the sport we all know and love, when they might not have gotten the chance to do so!! THEN, the people in the stands get to enjoy a good nap! That sounds like a win-win. What is wrong with that!?

C4

Hannibal 42 Warrenton 14

Bolivar 35 McDonald County 27

Hillsboro 45 Festus 21

Nevada 43 Carl Junction (MO) 21

Lutheran North 56 Clayton 13

Pleasant Hill 35 Jefferson City 21

Kearney 38 Smithville 24

Sullivan 31 Pacific 21

c5

Ritter 52 MICDS 21

Cape 42 Farmington 28

Grain Valley 49 Platte County 31

Helias 42 Cap City 28

Rebuplic 35 Lebanon 34

Rockwood Summit 42 Eureka 28

Fort Zum 41 St. Dom 40

Webb 48 Carthage 7

c6

CBC 49 Howell 28

De Smet 48 SLU 6

Jackson 42 Seckman 28

Liberty North 31 Liberty 30

Joplin 28 Nixa 26

Oak Park 38 Park Hill 24

Rock Bridge 28 Troy-Buch 27

Lee’s Summit North 27 Rock 7

Well, I missed on a bunch of these. Rockhurst? Pleasant Hill?

Reactions: thetophat2021
Well, I missed on a bunch of these. Rockhurst? Pleasant Hill?
Lee's Summit North never looked the same after their huge Week 1 win over Liberty North. Almost like they were bored. Nixa-Rock is, in my mind, this area's playoff game of the week who knows how that will turn out.

Pleasant Hill played in the defenseless MRVC West (home of an 87-56 Week 9 game) I knew JC would score pretty much at will on them. Odessa is now lone rep for that league going up to Pius who dusted Maryville.

Clay CO MO has four teams alive (Kearney, Oak Park, Liberty North and St. Pius X) is it conceiveable THREE go to Columbia????

Reactions: cardsfan200306
Lee's Summit North never looked the same after their huge Week 1 win over Liberty North. Almost like they were bored. Nixa-Rock is, in my mind, this area's playoff game of the week who knows how that will turn out.

Pleasant Hill played in the defenseless MRVC West (home of an 87-56 Week 9 game) I knew JC would score pretty much at will on them. Odessa is now lone rep for that league going up to Pius who dusted Maryville.

Clay CO MO has four teams alive (Kearney, Oak Park, Liberty North and St. Pius X) is it conceiveable THREE go to Columbia????

Wow. Yes, that is a possibility.

LN seems to have some stuff going on the last couple weeks, starting out 21-7 to BS and then being 20-10 with Liberty driving with the ball and 5 min left in game. It was way closer than the score ended, honestly with the exception of the one catch and long run in the first half, the defense of Liberty kept things in check. Liberty qb throws a pick 6 at 20-10 and just recovered an onside kick. Looked to quit on the potential tackle after the interception and then wheels seemed to fall off. If Liberty had an offense this may have been a different outcome, that Liberty D is going to be insane next year, they will return 10 from what I could tell.

Don't think OP will have the horses to keep up but the following week could get interesting with a potential Rock rematch.

LN seems to have some stuff going on the last couple weeks, starting out 21-7 to BS and then being 20-10 with Liberty driving with the ball and 5 min left in game. It was way closer than the score ended, honestly with the exception of the one catch and long run in the first half, the defense of Liberty kept things in check. Liberty qb throws a pick 6 at 20-10 and just recovered an onside kick. Looked to quit on the potential tackle after the interception and then wheels seemed to fall off. If Liberty had an offense this may have been a different outcome, that Liberty D is going to be insane next year, they will return 10 from what I could tell.

Don't think OP will have the horses to keep up but the following week could get interesting with a potential Rock rematch.
Blowout rematches. Always warn about them and saw a reversal in person this past Friday night over in Smithville.............

Reactions: cardsfan200306
Class 1
Portageville, St. Vincent, North Platte, Penney
Portageville over North Platte

Class 2
Valle, Lift for Life, Father Tolton, Fair Grove, Lamar, Lafayette Co, South Shelby, East Buch
Lamar over Fair Grove

Class 3
Park Hills, Borgia, Orchard Farm, Blair Oaks, Ava, Seneca, Odessa, Maryville
Blair Oaks over Maryville

Class 4
Hillsboro, Pacific, Lutheran North, Hannibal, Pleasant Hill, Bolivar, Grandview, Kearney
Lutheran North over Kearney

Class 5
St. Mary’s, Rockwood Summit, Cardinal Ritter, St. Dominic, Helias, Lebanon, Webb City, Grain Valley
Webb City over Ritter

Class 6
Jackson, CBC, DeSmet, Rock Bridge, Nixa, Rockhurst, Liberty North, Park Hill
Liberty North over DeSmet
come on man. Valle will sleep walk through that side of class 2.
It's almost like it was custom made for them

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
You seem to have some good information about FG, care to share?
FG is just a solid team on a wierd side of the bracket. They have a solid QB and a REALLY electric RB/do it all kid to boot. Valley is the only team imo you can say is “definitely” better than FG on that side of the bracket.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
FG is just a solid team on a wierd side of the bracket. They have a solid QB and a REALLY electric RB/do it all kid to boot. Valley is the only team imo you can say is “definitely” better than FG on that side of the bracket.
Based on what? Valley isn't "definitely "better than anyone IMO

Travesty ? More like unlucky…
Pathetic? More like lucky. And luck can change in a hurry. “High caliber kids” could help though! And good coaching!!

I was just asking, I have never seen you say much about FG on here and now you seem to know that they are not very good and thought you could tell us why?
I didn't say they weren't very good, I was saying they are on the right side of the playoff bracket to make it to the semis and possibly the final. Best of Luck to them this weekend!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT