ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Predictions for Each Class

I like the looks of this for most part. Not sure on the LSN or Lebanon pick, but they could both happen. Lebanon very possibly may not get out of their district. If they do I see them getting to the semis
You're on to something there Queasy. Lebanon and Republic is shaping up to be a clash of the Titans. Pretty similar in approach. I haven't seen Republic but my observation of Lebanon is that they are a physically and mentally tough bunch. No one's rush game has troubled them so far but they may leave themselves a little vulnerable to a good passing attack. I know Republic is a rush first offense and they play a much more challenging schedule than Lebanon. Coin flip?

6- Liberty North
5- Cardinal Ritter
4- Lutheran North
3- Blair Oaks
2- Lamar
1- North Platte

How 'bout every STL private will win!
giphy.gif

You're on to something there Queasy. Lebanon and Republic is shaping up to be a clash of the Titans. Pretty similar in approach. I haven't seen Republic but my observation of Lebanon is that they are a physically and mentally tough bunch. No one's rush game has troubled them so far but they may leave themselves a little vulnerable to a good passing attack. I know Republic is a rush first offense and they play a much more challenging schedule than Lebanon. Coin flip?
I think Republic should come out on top in this game but should be very close.

Believe it or not, but those kids that play 8-man football matter too. No reason they have been excluded from the thread.
Absolutely! However, I have first hand witnessed powder puff games that were more competitive than some 8-man football games. THAT would be the reason they are excluded. There are some great football plays and some phenomenal athletes that come out of 8-man every year. Unfortunately it is just not a usual occurrence that those games are also entertaining. Nothing against the kids, just the sport itself.....

But hey.... that is just like.... my opinion man......

Absolutely! However, I have first hand witnessed powder puff games that were more competitive than some 8-man football games. THAT would be the reason they are excluded. There are some great football plays and some phenomenal athletes that come out of 8-man every year. Unfortunately it is just not a usual occurrence that those games are also entertaining. Nothing against the kids, just the sport itself.....

breakfast-club-emilio.gif

The nine teams they have beaten have a combined 28 wins. Their toughest opponent is a class 2 school. They are not prepared to beat a team as good as Jackson
Just because they haven't been challenged in a game doesn't mean they are not prepared. Good coaching goes a long way. Jackson may wipe the floor with them but they may have a ballgame. Hell it's high school kids a gf turning to an ex gf can lose you a state title lol

Just because they haven't been challenged in a game doesn't mean they are not prepared. Good coaching goes a long way. Jackson may wipe the floor with them but they may have a ballgame. Hell it's high school kids a gf turning to an ex gf can lose you a state title lol
Sounds like that last scenario has an example to go with it......

Pick one yourself they haven't played anyone noteworthy. Doesn't mean that they won't hit the playoffs playing with lots of confidence.
Confidence wains when you run up against an opponent with only one loss and that was to the #3 team in the largest Illinois class.

Scores of 8-man games I went to this year:
38-34
58-48
78-70
28-8
26-20

Scores of 11-man games I went to:
28-0
34-8
28-7

The 8-man games were definitely more entertaining than the 11-man games. Everyone of them were closer than the 11-man games I went to.

I have seen blowouts in both 8-man and 11-man. But it is not unusual to have entertaining 8-man games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mo8ManFootball
Scores of 8-man games I went to this year:
38-34
58-48
78-70
28-8
26-20

Scores of 11-man games I went to:
28-0
34-8
28-7

The 8-man games were definitely more entertaining than the 11-man games. Everyone of them were closer than the 11-man games I went to.

I have seen blowouts in both 8-man and 11-man. But it is not unusual to have entertaining 8-man games.
A little tardy to the party here fella. I will reference my last statement in my post, this is just my opinion. More offense does not always mean more entertaining. A stout defense is just as entertaining to watch as a good offense.

But hey if you'd rather watch glorified 7 on 7, you go for it! I have enjoyed some 8man football games in the past. They are just not as exciting or entertaining as true football (11 man)

A long response for, you wasted your time and I don't care about your scores, but I do respect your opinion! (even though its wrong)

A little tardy to the party here fella. I will reference my last statement in my post, this is just my opinion. More offense does not always mean more entertaining. A stout defense is just as entertaining to watch as a good offense.

But hey if you'd rather watch glorified 7 on 7, you go for it! I have enjoyed some 8man football games in the past. They are just not as exciting or entertaining as true football (11 man)

A long response for, you wasted your time and I don't care about your scores, but I do respect your opinion! (even though its wrong)
hear-hear-correct.gif

Defense wins Championships and is so much more fun to watch

• Love
Reactions: KevAn92

The point was that every 8-man game I went to was closer than every 11-man game. But your bias keeps you blinded.

Plus, 2 of the 8-man games I went to were in the 20s. They were not high scoring. They were very physical defensively. There are plenty 11-man games that are boring as hell. You act like every 11-man game is more exciting than every 8-man game.

Lastly, I did not waste my time because your opinion is not the only one that matters. (Except in your over-inflated ego)

Last edited:
C4

Hannibal 42 Warrenton 14

Bolivar 35 McDonald County 27

Hillsboro 45 Festus 21

Nevada 43 Carl Junction (MO) 21

Lutheran North 56 Clayton 13

Pleasant Hill 35 Jefferson City 21

Kearney 38 Smithville 24

Sullivan 31 Pacific 21

c5

Ritter 52 MICDS 21

Cape 42 Farmington 28

Grain Valley 49 Platte County 31

Helias 42 Cap City 28

Rebuplic 35 Lebanon 34

Rockwood Summit 42 Eureka 28

Fort Zum 41 St. Dom 40

Webb 48 Carthage 7

c6

CBC 49 Howell 28

De Smet 48 SLU 6

Jackson 42 Seckman 28

Liberty North 31 Liberty 30

Joplin 28 Nixa 26

Oak Park 38 Park Hill 24

Rock Bridge 28 Troy-Buch 27

Lee’s Summit North 27 Rock 7

The point was that every 8-man game I went to was closer than every 11-man game. But your bias keeps you blinded.

Plus, 2 of the 8-man games I went to were in the 20s. They were not high scoring. They were very physical defensively. There are plenty 11-man games that are boring as hell. You act like every 11-man game is more exciting than every 8-man game.

Lastly, I did not waste my time because your opinion is not the only one that matters. (Except in your over-inflated ego)
Seems I struck a nerve.... I hope you find a way to enjoy your day. IDK why my ego plays in to this. I have reiterated many times at this point. IT IS JUST MY OPINION. Sorry, not sorry, if that upsets you. Go back to the basketball boards where you belong

Reactions: BoosterBosko
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT