ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Predictions for Each Class

quadzilla200

Feb 21, 2020
Who is your favorite now? Potential Upset? Dark Horses?

C6- Liberty North is my favorite. Upset would be Rockhurst wins District 6 knocking out LSN.
C5- Grain Valley . My upset/dark horse is Hazlewood East to beat Ritter in their district.
C4- Kearney (Please don't let this turn into a Kearney thread unless there are some new pictures of hot moms), Van Horn in the upset out of D5.
C3- Blair Oaks seems to be the favorite. Maryville, Seneca and Pius. Really no idea so many of these teams play different classes.
C2 - Valle - Tough to pick against Lamar though. Would love to see East Buchanan continue on. There are so many teams that got bumped up and haven't played each other. Lafayette County is my dark horse to finally get over the hump. They haven't played anyone this year so a mystery.
C1- Don't follow close enough, but I'll go with Portageville as my upset pick.

Hopefully I didn't mess any of the classes up. C2 and C3 changed a lot with the reclassifictions.

C6 I got liberty north beating seckman in the championship. Dark horse is Kickapoo causing trouble in the west side

C5 I got Grain Valley beating St. Dominic in the championship. Dark horse is Raytown South upsetting WC in the district championship

C4 I got Kearney beats Hillsboro in the championship dark horse in Grandview taking Kearney to OT in state quarters

C3 I got Maryville beating a much healthier Park Hills Central, dark horse is oak grove getting retribution on Odessa in the district championship

C2 I got Valle beating Adrian, dark horse is obviously Adrian beating Lamar and running the gauntlet which is class 2 in the west

C1 I got portageville beating Milan in the championship with no dark horse surprises.

C6 I got liberty north beating seckman in the championship. Dark horse is Kickapoo causing trouble in the west side

C5 I got Grain Valley beating St. Dominic in the championship. Dark horse is Raytown South upsetting WC in the district championship

C4 I got Kearney beats Hillsboro in the championship dark horse in Grandview taking Kearney to OT in state quarters

C3 I got Maryville beating a much healthier Park Hills Central, dark horse is oak grove getting retribution on Odessa in the district championship

C2 I got Valle beating Adrian, dark horse is obviously Adrian beating Lamar and running the gauntlet which is class 2 in the west

C1 I got portageville beating Milan in the championship with no dark horse surprises.
I almost put Ray South down as well.

Seneca won't beat Blair Oaks.

Webb will lose in the quarterfinals.

Nixa will lose in the quarterfinals or maybe to Joplin.

Nevada will probably lose to Grandview in the district semis.

Who is your favorite now? Potential Upset? Dark Horses?

C6- Liberty North is my favorite. Upset would be Rockhurst wins District 6 knocking out LSN.
C5- Grain Valley . My upset/dark horse is Hazlewood East to beat Ritter in their district.
C4- Kearney (Please don't let this turn into a Kearney thread unless there are some new pictures of hot moms), Van Horn in the upset out of D5.
C3- Blair Oaks seems to be the favorite. Maryville, Seneca and Pius. Really no idea so many of these teams play different classes.
C2 - Valle - Tough to pick against Lamar though. Would love to see East Buchanan continue on. There are so many teams that got bumped up and haven't played each other. Lafayette County is my dark horse to finally get over the hump. They haven't played anyone this year so a mystery.
C1- Don't follow close enough, but I'll go with Portageville as my upset pick.

Hopefully I didn't mess any of the classes up. C2 and C3 changed a lot with the reclassifictions.
Week 1 vs 9 can be very tricky but maybe peek at Jackson as a class 6 dark horse I watched that Edwardsville game they went toe to toe with them.

Last edited:
Seneca won't beat Blair Oaks.

Webb will lose in the quarterfinals.

Nixa will lose in the quarterfinals or maybe to Joplin.

Nevada will probably lose to Grandview in the district semis.
Joplin is healthy now and look dialed in, Renfro looks like he has adjusted to that protective gear. Gooch looks alot better now that his hand has had time to heal after the surgery. I believe we are starting to see the Joplin we thought we would see.

Seckman wont make it out of districts !

Adrian? Interesting pick.

Joplin is healthy now and look dialed in, Renfro looks like he has adjusted to that protective gear. Gooch looks alot better now that his hand has had time to heal after the surgery. I believe we are starting to see the Joplin we thought we would see.
As a Joplin fan, my biggest concern is the run defense, especially up the middle. Nixa had a couple drives where they ran every play up the middle and Joplin never could stop it. Then Republic ran for 400 yards against them. They'll need to fix that.
You're right, though. Hobbs has looked better the last couple of games and Renfro is a stud.

Reactions: Stimie69er

I like St Dom, but was really unimpressed with Their win at MICDS, and MICDS is down this year. I think they will get exposed in playoffs, but do have a good path to finals.

Reactions: cardsfan200306
Class 6 - Looks to be the year of Liberty North. I want it to be Nixa but the KC teams look too tough this year.

Class 5: Early in the year I would have said Cardinal Ritter without hesitation. But now my money is on Grain Valley.

Class 4: My heart wants Carl Junction. Obviously that ain't gonna happen. So I'll pick a team I've always admired from afar - Kearney. If not Kearney than Smithville. Regardless, winner comes out of KC metro.

Class 3: My heart wants Seneca. My brain tells me Blair Oaks. Ava could surprise!

Class 2: Both my heart and brain predicts the same - Lamar.

Class 1: My apologies - I don't know enough about Class 1 to honestly list a team.

As most Southwest Missouri fans will tell you, we root for SW MO first. When all SW MO teams are eliminated, we root for Kansas City. Not a lot of St. Louis fans down here in SW Mo. ;)

Dark Horse pick

WP makes it to the QF, if they get the JC district(which I believe they do), WP to the semifinals.
Which is probably a 1-way ticket to another semifinal turbo clock. 🫠

Class 1
Portageville, St. Vincent, North Platte, Penney
Portageville over North Platte

Class 2
Valle, Lift for Life, Father Tolton, Fair Grove, Lamar, Lafayette Co, South Shelby, East Buch
Lamar over Fair Grove

Class 3
Park Hills, Borgia, Orchard Farm, Blair Oaks, Ava, Seneca, Odessa, Maryville
Blair Oaks over Maryville

Class 4
Hillsboro, Pacific, Lutheran North, Hannibal, Pleasant Hill, Bolivar, Grandview, Kearney
Lutheran North over Kearney

Class 5
St. Mary’s, Rockwood Summit, Cardinal Ritter, St. Dominic, Helias, Lebanon, Webb City, Grain Valley
Webb City over Ritter

Class 6
Jackson, CBC, DeSmet, Rock Bridge, Nixa, Rockhurst, Liberty North, Park Hill
Liberty North over DeSmet

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
Week 1 vs 9 can be very tricky but maybe peek at Jackson as a class 6 dark horse I watched that edwardsville game they went toe to toe with them.

Grandview had 470 yards of offense on SV

306 on the ground. 6.2 ypc
164 passing.
17 first downs.

Doesn’t look too good “on paper.”

Grandview had 470 yards of offense on SV

306 on the ground. 6.2 ypc
164 passing.
17 first downs.

Doesn’t look too good “on paper.”
It is very interesting how different 2023 is from last year heading toward this 99.9 percent certain Kearney at Smithville district title game that is for sure!

It is very interesting how different 2023 is from last year heading toward this 99.9 percent certain Kearney at Smithville district title game that is for sure!
Here is a little tidbit I compiled a few days ago: It has been 2012 since one of the three Highway 92 powers Platte County, Smithville and Kearney has failed to reach a State Semifinal at a minimum:

2013 - Kearney C5 semifinalist
2014 - Kearney C4 semifinalist
2015 - Kearney C4 Champion
2016 - Kearney C4 runner up
2017 - Platte County C4 semifinalist
2018 - Smithville C4 semifinalist
2019 - Platte County C4 runner up
2020 - Platte County C5 runner up
2020 - Smithville C4 semifinalist
2021 - Smithville C4 Champion
2022 - Smithville C4 semifinalist
2023 - ????

• Haha
Reactions: Veer_left
Here is a little tidbit I compiled a few days ago: It has been 2012 since one of the three Highway 92 powers Platte County, Smithville and Kearney has failed to reach a State Semifinal at a minimum:

2013 - Kearney C5 semifinalist
2014 - Kearney C4 semifinalist
2015 - Kearney C4 Champion
2016 - Kearney C4 runner up
2017 - Platte County C4 semifinalist
2018 - Smithville C4 semifinalist
2019 - Platte County C4 runner up
2020 - Platte County C5 runner up
2020 - Smithville C4 semifinalist
2021 - Smithville C4 Champion
2022 - Smithville C4 semifinalist
2023 - ????
Well 4th choice for HC Minnick hasn't proved that he can win in the post season. We will see what he can do. They are far more talented than every class 4 school in KC.

Well 4th choice for HC Minnick hasn't proved that he can win in the post season. We will see what he can do. They are far more talented than every class 4 school in KC.
Cripes! Doesn't he have some accomplished coordinators and experienced assistants. He better have at that level (and even below) or they are in trouble anyway.

You can have all the talent in the Universe and still need adjustment time. As you said we are about to find out. I am very mystified what is happening with Smithville, though. They don't resemble the last three years at all right now as we enter said playoffs.

Cripes! Doesn't he have some accomplished coordinators and experienced assistants. He better have at that level (and even below) or they are in trouble anyway.
Some are some not so much but gaining experience every single game. My main interest is whether Kearney continues this slow starting trend or comes roaring out of the gate in Smithville (barring the completely unforeseen).

I also wonder, polar opposite of last year, how Ambroson and staff sell the "us against the World" underdog narrative given Smithville won easily back in Week 3. This is why I tend to add blowout rematches from the regular season to my Playoff contest.

This has been much more of a rebuild than most outside KTown understand. 2019-21 Kearney was about 100 percent off my radar went to a game or two just to peek at them plus I live right down the road from the stadium.

As a Joplin fan, my biggest concern is the run defense, especially up the middle. Nixa had a couple drives where they ran every play up the middle and Joplin never could stop it. Then Republic ran for 400 yards against them. They'll need to fix that.
You're right, though. Hobbs has looked better the last couple of games and Renfro is a stud.

Come playoff time I feel the best predictor of how teams will do is total Defense. followed by run defense.

Best defenses in the COC this year

#1 Nixa- 14.6 Points per game
#2 Webb City- 15.2 Points per game
#3 Republic- 20.2 Points per game
#4 Joplin- 21.9 Points Per game
#5 Branson- 23.7 Points per game
#6 Carthage- 25.2 Points Per game
#7 Willard- 25.6 Points Per game
#8 Carl Junction- 34.1 Points Per game
#9 Neosho- 38.3 Points per game

If Joplin cant stop the run, they likely wont be going on a deep run.

Reactions: Stimie69er
I looked on MSHSAA web page and they do not have Dexter listed in the bracket for Class 3 district 1. Anyone know why?

6- CBC vs LSN
5- Cardinal Ritter vs Lebanon
4- Lutheran North vs Smithville
3- Blair Oaks vs Maryville
2- Valle Catholic vs Lamar

6- CBC vs LSN
5- Cardinal Ritter vs Lebanon
4- Lutheran North vs Smithville
3- Blair Oaks vs Maryville
2- Valle Catholic vs Lamar
I like the looks of this for most part. Not sure on the LSN or Lebanon pick, but they could both happen. Lebanon very possibly may not get out of their district. If they do I see them getting to the semis

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT