ADVERTISEMENT

KC metro teams to watch (from last December) and my tentative in person attendance 2024 schedule

Not good enough up front. They have some talented players for a 7on7 team though.
Didn't they only have, like, three returnees both sides of the ball last year? Any time that happens vs. this KC metro C6 gauntlet it will spell trouble. I expect them to be over .500. They open vs. defending champ Liberty North...............
So, expect another rough season for South. Got it. Lol

Reactions: Albert C. Slater
I sure don't think so (said above .500). It is more about how strong C6 in this area will again be.
Its all relative to their schedule. I could see them going 4-5 or 5-4 regular season.
I suppose 4-5 or 5-4 is a better season than 2023. 1-9 in 2023. But still not back to the success from the 2022 season. South went 7-4 that year.

So I guess it's all relative on what one deems a "rough" season. To me, anything below .500. Especially if you aren't competitive in your games.

I do think this coaching staff has something figured out though. South had won like 4 games in 3 seasons prior to Coach Wilmes' arrival.

I suppose 4-5 or 5-4 is a better season than 2023. 1-9 in 2023. But still not back to the success from the 2022 season. South went 7-4 that year.

So I guess it's all relative on what one deems a "rough" season. To me, anything below .500. Especially if you aren't competitive in your games.

I do think this coaching staff has something figured out though. South had won like 4 games in 3 seasons prior to Coach Wilmes' arrival.
Here is the real secret: Until any of these games are played everything is GUESSWORK. I pointed out BS South is playing LN opening night no score prediction etc. A rough season is Kearney 2000 going 1-9. My butt was in the stands for a few of those games............

Here is the real secret: Until any of these games are played everything is GUESSWORK. I pointed out BS South is playing LN opening night no score prediction etc. A rough season is Kearney 2000 going 1-9. My butt was in the stands for a few of those games............

Turnovers and injuries: The great equalizer. Think about this.: The only three games that Minnick has lost in 2022 and 2023, the Bulldogs averaged 4 turnovers per game. Add to that the decimated squad in early 2023, and the formula for K in 2024 is to stay healthy and protect the ball.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Turnovers and injuries: The great equalizer. Think about this.: The only three games that Minnick has lost in 2022 and 2023, the Bulldogs averaged 4 turnovers per game. Add to that the decimated squad in early 2023, and the formula for K in 2024 is to stay healthy and protect the ball.
I was at all three: Smithville playoff blowout was a case of the better, more experienced program prevailing against a very JR heavy squad I think everyone knew was going to benefit from the loss immensely. PC and Smithville losses were heavily attrituble to key early season injuries. In saying that I still think the PC game in particular is a "mulligan" because of the conditions. I've been to some very hot events (2000 Arrowhead Iowa vs. K State opener was hottest I remember offhand) but nothing quite like that.

Smithville Week 3 loss was one where I (grossly) overreacted was glad to eat that plate of crow. QB3 was put in an impossible situation but bet, if he indeed as you intimate is the starter, he will attain redemption going right back over there same week this fall.

I think the formula revolves around that OL and RB who (mouthful indeed) will surpass his now graduated older brother statistically etc.! I seem to remember you saying the "purple wave" was coming well HERE WE ARE.............

I was at all three: Smithville playoff blowout was a case of the better, more experienced program prevailing against a very JR heavy squad I think everyone knew was going to benefit from the loss immensely. PC and Smithville losses were heavily attrituble to key early season injuries. In saying that I still think the PC game in particular is a "mulligan" because of the conditions. I've been to some very hot events (2000 Arrowhead Iowa vs. K State opener was hottest I remember offhand) but nothing quite like that.

Smithville Week 3 loss was one where I (grossly) overreacted was glad to eat that plate of crow. QB3 was put in an impossible situation but bet, if he indeed as you intimate is the starter, he will attain redemption going right back over there same week this fall.

I think the formula revolves around that OL and RB who (mouthful indeed) will surpass his now graduated older brother statistically etc.! I seem to remember you saying the "purple wave" was coming well HERE WE ARE.............
This senior class is aggressive and extremely physical. It was a hard thud, and several opponents were still dazed and shaken up at NW Camp. Full speed is going to be something to see.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Isn't that a lot of teams formulas to winning?
Not having four or more turnovers a game?
That would be K’s formula because they score 38 or more points a game. And they give up 12 or less. For some teams it doesn’t matter if they have zero turnovers they’re still not going win if they can’t score or stop anyone. So a formula for K? Yes. For most teams? Not necessarily.

Last edited:
Not having four or more turnovers a game?
That would be K’s formula because they score 38 or more points a game. And they give up 12 or less. For some teams it doesn’t matter if they have zero turnovers they’re still not going win if they can’t score or stop anyone. So a formula for K? Yes. For most teams? Not necessarily.
For any decent football team in the area, staying healthy and not turning the football over is crucial. In HS Football, the % of winning increase quite significantly when you win the Turnover Battle.

• Haha
Reactions: cardsfan200306
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT