ADVERTISEMENT

KC metro teams to watch (from last December) and my tentative in person attendance 2024 schedule

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
Just TWO months to go! As a quick review got a nice list of KC Metro "teams to watch" this fall (Rock and KMO beyond verified last year): St. Pius X, Platte County, Fort Osage and Liberty (see the Liberty legit thread for more info).

Already have my 2024 in person schedule lined out all things remaining equal of course:

Week 1 - Kearney at Fort Osage
Week 2 - Liberty North at Liberty
Week 3 - Kearney at Smithville
Week 4 - Park Hill at Kearney
Week 5 - Platte County at Smithville
Week 6 - Kearney at Grain Valley
Week 7 - Duncanville at DeSoto (TX)
Week 8 - Liberty at Oak Park
Week 9 - St. Pius X at Savannah

Ongoing heavy (for what should be obvious reasons) hometown/alma mater lean but particularly anxious about that bold italicized game during Texas State Fair weekend!

Reactions: 65TPT
Oak Grove is going to be a really interesting team I'll be watching. I am a huge Ryan Schartz fan and he is returning an all-state running back.
And none of these three is defending the MRVC West title (Pleasant Hill). Very, very interesting league this fall indeed! FIVE of seven in that league could win it or there could be some massive tie for the title!

Last edited:
I'm curious where Ruskin is at. Some bright spots last year and somehow their enrollment has exploded pushing them into a tougher conference unfortunately. With all the changes at North and Grandview I wonder if they can get some of their kids back? Would love to see them be able to get 3-4 wins maybe .500 ball. They also have one of the coolest old time gyms still standing.

I'm curious where Ruskin is at. Some bright spots last year and somehow their enrollment has exploded pushing them into a tougher conference unfortunately. With all the changes at North and Grandview I wonder if they can get some of their kids back? Would love to see them be able to get 3-4 wins maybe .500 ball. They also have one of the coolest old time gyms still standing.
From what I saw at Kearney last September I definitely think they have the coaching in place.

Just TWO months to go! As a quick review got a nice list of KC Metro "teams to watch" this fall (Rock and KMO beyond verified last year): St. Pius X, Platte County, Fort Osage and Liberty (see the Liberty legit thread for more info).

Already have my 2024 in person schedule lined out all things remaining equal of course:

Ongoing heavy (for what should be obvious reasons) hometown/alma mater lean but particularly anxious about that bold italicized game during Texas State Fair weekend!
Week 7... Texas/OU Weekend ?

Reactions: thetophat2021
Week 7... Texas/OU Weekend ?
Baby Boomers Boomer GIF by University of Oklahoma

Just got word, gotta find out time and confirm sure, but I hear St. Pius and possibly one of the blue springs will be at Liberty Thursday morning for a team scrimmage

Just got word, gotta find out time and confirm sure, but I hear St. Pius and possibly one of the blue springs will be at Liberty Thursday morning for a team scrimmage
Full parking lot and field with lots of kids practicing many early mornings on my way to work. Excited to see Pius in person (been a long time, frankly).

My schedule so far:

Week 1: West Plains @ Mountain Home(AR)
Week 2: Rolla @ Hillcrest
Week 3: Willow Springs @ Cabool
Week 4: Hillcrest @ Marshfield or WP @ Branson
Week 5: undecided/open
Week 6: Hillcrest @ Rogersville
Week 7: Bolivar @ Hillcrest
Week 8: undecided/open
Week 9: Hillcrest @ Branson

Maybe I’ll come see you in Week 5, Top lol

Reactions: thetophat2021
My schedule so far:

That would be fun! Your Labor Day weekend opener makes me very, very jealous! Great time of year (is there ever really a bad one LOL?) to get in a day of trout fishing!

That would be fun! Your Labor Day weekend opener makes me very, very jealous! Great time of year (is there ever really a bad one LOL?) to get in a day of trout fishing!
I won’t be doing any fishing, I’ll be popping down there just long enough to go to the game and go see some friends. But it should be a fun time. Ary/Acklin v.s. Wyatt.
I’ll be following Hillcrest heavily this year

My schedule so far:

Did I miss a Hillcrest connection?

Full parking lot and field with lots of kids practicing many early mornings on my way to work. Excited to see Pius in person (been a long time, frankly).
Saw them scrimmage yesterday. It was also one of the blue valleys, not blue springs, sorry about the mistake. Very chirpy bunch (Pius) but one thing I saw, they had a freshman QB starting yesterday. I thought they had an upperclassmen returning. Any insight on that ?

Saw them scrimmage yesterday. It was also one of the blue valleys, not blue springs, sorry about the mistake. Very chirpy bunch (Pius) but one thing I saw, they had a freshman QB starting yesterday. I thought they had an upperclassmen returning. Any insight on that ?

Probably just injured.
St. Pius returning all district players

Kyler Kuhn 6'3" 260 Soph. (great wrestling talent) O-Line Already Missouri State offer
Jimmell Holman 6' 220 D Line Soph
Carl Molle 6'1" 215 Senior LB Offers to NW Mo and Benedictine
Hudson Bailey 6'2" Junior 190 QB Fontana Award Winner 34 TDs
Larry Cascone 6'1" Senior 208 RB 21 TDs 1,492 yards.
Charles Ross 5'10" Senior 175 returner Multiple offers. NDSU, SIU offer
Jackson Rotterman Senior 6'2" 205 TE Wrestler.
Tommy Hustler 6"2 Senior 180 WR Missouri Southern offer.

Thinking the freshman qb might be Jake Nichols. Have heard a lot of buzz about him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT