ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Volleyball got MSHSAA'ed

Tomato, Tomahto. That's what stopping them from forming a new organization. They would still create rules and by-laws (actually created by the member schools) that aren't flexible enough for all situations (because no rule ever is), and they would still make unpopular decisions based on those rules (which are all created and voted upon by the member schools). You cannot please all of the people all of the time.

They would need to hire a very large investigative staff to be able to do what everyone wants them to be able to do: to thoroughly investigate every single potential infraction on its merits rather than applying the inflexible rule in all cases. They currently employ around 26 people. There are around 750 member schools. 90% of the funding comes from the member schools, so if we want them to hire enough people to effectively do what we want them to be able to do, it will take more money.

Perhaps changing the makeup of the board of directors to also include a few citizen members and a few retired coaching members might be useful instead of just having administration types on the board. A required audit and overhaul of the by-laws every few years might be useful as well.
I disagree. Yes they might have to hire some people. But its not as hard as you believe. Ive seen associations started in all type of sports. Club sports. Adult sports. Hell adult softball started national programs from ASA..USSSA..to NSA …ect ect. Nothings ever easy but many things arent as hard as most think either. What would be interesting is if the schools did decide to leave if a legal battle would take place on who owns the millions of dollars that mshsaa has in assets

Here is the last financial report i quickly found. 2018 & 2019

I do like that they named the parents involved. To many times people just get away with crap like this and it just keeps happening more and more because no one is held responsible for their behavior. At a minimum the community know how big of clown they are. Sorry Homey. And sorry Bosko for using your term.

Reactions: Veer2Eternity
I do like that they named the parents involved. To many times people just get away with crap like this and it just keeps happening more and more because no one is held responsible for their behavior. At a minimum the community know how big of clown they are. Sorry Homey. And sorry Bosko for using your term.
I agree. Start putting these parents on blast it might prevent others from following suit.

one of society's problems is we don't 'name and shame' anymore.

Reactions: HHSX2
Easy there @HHSX2 ! @HomeyR is THE MoSports CLOWN but it is NOT his term!

Reactions: shoot90draw
You did. Just needed to make sure you knew @HomeyR was THE MoSports CLOWN and it wasnt one of his terms!

He is the CLOWN, but there are plenty of JACKTARDS also. Leave to the Jacktards to want to go after parents and NOT the organization that made a terrible decision, an abuse of discretion that was arbitrary and capricious. Thankfully, reversed by a wise judge. We can't let petty bureaucrats run amuck.

Pretty close to home for me. We have OUTSTANDING local high school sports coverage from several talented people (such as Muddy River Sports) that will certainly stick up for this coach, as they should.

Parents, leave the damn coaches alone.

He is the CLOWN, but there are plenty of JACKTARDS also. Leave to the Jacktards to want to go after parents and NOT the organization that made a terrible decision, an abuse of discretion that was arbitrary and capricious. Thankfully, reversed by a wise judge. We can't let petty bureaucrats run amuck.
Hmmm. Perhaps track times and jacktards can be YOUR things!

Hmmm. Perhaps track times and jacktards can be YOUR things!
Ultimate Warrior Wrestling GIF by WWE

Pow!!! right in the kisser.

“There is no way a competitive athlete, at any level, doesn't go all in once the juices start flowing”
Your point stands, but I had to laugh thinking about the number of high school athletes I’ve coached who were talented but never really “competitive” or “all in”. Perhaps I should’ve been playing them in more charity events.

I do like that they named the parents involved. To many times people just get away with crap like this and it just keeps happening more and more because no one is held responsible for their behavior. At a minimum the community know how big of clown they are. Sorry Homey. And sorry Bosko for using your te
Obviously parents and fans second guess coaches from pee wee to the NFL. I've always said if you aren't there M-R, you can't second guess what goes on on Friday nights. That being said, I blame a lot of this garbage on "select and travel ball" nonsense.

Every parent thinks little Johnny and Suzie can do no wrong. Travel teams will play 2 to 3 times the amount of games that HS teams do, and it has got to where some HS sports are looked at as less important than their select teams. Suzie's travel softball team has 4 sets of uniforms, they play her favorite T Swift song when she comes up to bat, they travel to the Colorado Sparkler tournament, Orange Beach, OK City, etc. A good number of the travel ball coaches bad mouth the HS coaches. Many coaches and parents sing the praises of their kids. Then they have their HS season where they have 2 half stained and re-sewn uniforms that may not fit correctly, ride a yellow bus to games, and the coach for the most part treats everybody the same.

It's almost like when you play travel ball, you are paying someone thousands of dollars, and rather than tell you your kid is an average joe who should just be having fun, they tell you how great the kid is, how much potential he has, and (if you just keep paying them $), they can make it to the next level.

Obviously there are exceptions to this, but JMO select ball isn't really select for most, but has created a fantasy land in many players and kids minds. Parents think if I am paying thousands of dollars for select ball, they have the right to run their mouths, and hey if the coach needs to be straightened out, just barge right in the locker room after the game.

Obviously parents and fans second guess coaches from pee wee to the NFL. I've always said if you aren't there M-R, you can't second guess what goes on on Friday nights. That being said, I blame a lot of this garbage on "select and travel ball" nonsense.

Every parent thinks little Johnny and Suzie can do no wrong. Travel teams will play 2 to 3 times the amount of games that HS teams do, and it has got to where some HS sports are looked at as less important than their select teams. Suzie's travel softball team has 4 sets of uniforms, they play her favorite T Swift song when she comes up to bat, they travel to the Colorado Sparkler tournament, Orange Beach, OK City, etc. A good number of the travel ball coaches bad mouth the HS coaches. Many coaches and parents sing the praises of their kids. Then they have their HS season where they have 2 half stained and re-sewn uniforms that may not fit correctly, ride a yellow bus to games, and the coach for the most part treats everybody the same.

It's almost like when you play travel ball, you are paying someone thousands of dollars, and rather than tell you your kid is an average joe who should just be having fun, they tell you how great the kid is, how much potential he has, and (if you just keep paying them $), they can make it to the next level.

Obviously there are exceptions to this, but JMO select ball isn't really select for most, but has created a fantasy land in many players and kids minds. Parents think if I am paying thousands of dollars for select ball, they have the right to run their mouths, and hey if the coach needs to be straightened out, just barge right in the locker room after the game.
You just described a Softball Team errrrrrr…club organization west of Ozark…🤔

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT