ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Volleyball got MSHSAA'ed

Tony Soprano Nothing GIF

This board could easily fill the spots and make better decisions. Just not bosko
Excuse me?? You elect me as President of MSHSAA and I will make everyone a LOT of money AND keep the athletes happy! I served as the Ampipe Booster Club President for over THIRTY YEARS!!! NO ONE on here can hold a candle to my experience at leading a governing body/organization. NICE TRY BOZO!!

Reactions: shoot90draw
Just got done reading the injunction. My thoughts is this, MSHSAA did not do an investigation of the situation. They took it as there is 1 person in violation of a rule of playing volleyball during the same season outside of MSHSAA sanctioned events and immediately made the individual ineligible and since that individual played on Monday during the contest then a foreit is in order. Well with that MSHSAA needs to do an investigation and it would have determined that this "co-ed" PR event is not a competitive event and does not go against bylaws and Houston would be in the clear. But MSHSAA did not investigate. MSHSAA is in the wrong by not following their own rules.

Just got done reading the injunction. My thoughts is this, MSHSAA did not do an investigation of the situation. They took it as there is 1 person in violation of a rule of playing volleyball during the same season outside of MSHSAA sanctioned events and immediately made the individual ineligible and since that individual played on Monday during the contest then a foreit is in order. Well with that MSHSAA needs to do an investigation and it would have determined that this "co-ed" PR event is not a competitive event and does not go against bylaws and Houston would be in the clear. But MSHSAA did not investigate. MSHSAA is in the wrong by not following their own rules.
That is my assumption but since they made that decision they are going to have to dig in and defend it with vigor now instead of admitting it may have been rushed without properly ascertaining all the relevant facts and then having to deal with that reality and taking a hit to the perceptions of their ability to govern and make thorough and proper decisions.

Reactions: Mo8ManFootball
That is my assumption but since they made that decision they are going to have to dig in and defend it with vigor now instead of admitting it may have been rushed without properly ascertaining all the relevant facts and then having to deal with that reality and taking a hit to the perceptions of their ability to govern and make thorough and proper decisions.
anyone that pays the slightest bit of attention knows they are a train wreck.

Excuse me?? You elect me as President of MSHSAA and I will make everyone a LOT of money AND keep the athletes happy! I served as the Ampipe Booster Club President for over THIRTY YEARS!!! NO ONE on here can hold a candle to my experience at leading a governing body/organization. NICE TRY BOZO!!
Bahahahahahahaha

Wow, it's rare that you get such a swift and satisfying conclusion. I'm actually flabbergasted.

Wow, it's rare that you get such a swift and satisfying conclusion. I'm actually flabbergasted.
Hopefully we don't see something copy cat version though. Some AAU tournament turn into a "cancer" fundraiser. That's my only fear.

Hopefully we don't see something copy cat version though. Some AAU tournament turn into a "cancer" fundraiser. That's my only fear.
Well a sensible association would meet this summer and discuss such a possibility, among others. Sounds like there is enough money to retain some legal counsel around MSHSAA. Perhaps that will happen here.

This is pretty sad on MSHSAA's part and whoever turned them in for playing in a charity volleyball tournament.

Probably a 🐀 or a 🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀🐀 from Licking turned them in…🤔

I would be upset if I was a coach and found out my players were playing in a volleyball match in the middle of districts. Why would you risk getting injured in a charity volleyball match. Does the coach not have a clue as to what's going on?
Dude, that area of Texas County is so small, how would the staff NOT KNOW what was going on. Mrs. TLBMIM is from that area. I even know what happens there!!

If the Licking parents (that's odd to type) ratted them out, then everyone should immediately become Stover Bulldog fans. If the Licking girls (again, not easy to keep from chuckling) should advance, they deserve to have the dreaded asterisk next to their name.
MSHSAA is sliding down the same slippery slope of the NCAA. To use a Bosko term, they're a bunch of clowns with an overblown sense of self worth and a bloated payroll. I would love to buy several of the MSHSAA chiefs for what they're worth and sell them for they think they're worth and then I could immediately retire.
Probably not healthy to get this riled up at 9:30 in the morning?
I could not read this without laughing…🤣🤣

I have no idea why if there is so many people and schools that hate Mshsaa, why dont the schools just form a néw organization that governs high school activities. MSHSAA is not affiliated with the Department of education. It was founded back in the 1920s by private and public schools. Nothing is stopping a group from starting a new one and schools joining that new organization. They definitely blew this decision

I have no idea why if there is so many people and schools that hate Mshsaa, why dont the schools just form a néw organization that governs high school activities. MSHSAA is not affiliated with the Department of education. It was founded back in the 1920s by private and public schools. Nothing is stopping a group from starting a new one and schools joining that new organization. They definitely blew this decision
Because school supts make that call. And well, ya know...that'd cause way more work. Sooooooo.

Fun fact about Licking. I have seen this Tshirt before. Picture this...A tshirt that says "I LOVE LICKING" on the front. And "CHEERLEADERS" on the back. True story.

It certainly does not build confidence in their decision-making or in their decision-making process. Or in their ability to understand the language and intent of their own rules. The lack of interpretive skills demonstrated here makes it look like you have Biff Tannen making decisions on compliance.

And the court agreed with me Jacktard!

A good life lesson for ya.

Once again proving that when you fwith the big dog you’re gonna get a bit.

I was right and you were wrong…a good life lesson for ya.
I'd tell you to go stir your beans, but...oh yeah. Should have tried some of that tough talk with your banker.

Bosko at Mshsaa headquarters .
fat-guy.gif

Tomato, Tomahto. That's what stopping them from forming a new organization. They would still create rules and by-laws (actually created by the member schools) that aren't flexible enough for all situations (because no rule ever is), and they would still make unpopular decisions based on those rules (which are all created and voted upon by the member schools). You cannot please all of the people all of the time.

They would need to hire a very large investigative staff to be able to do what everyone wants them to be able to do: to thoroughly investigate every single potential infraction on its merits rather than applying the inflexible rule in all cases. They currently employ around 26 people. There are around 750 member schools. 90% of the funding comes from the member schools, so if we want them to hire enough people to effectively do what we want them to be able to do, it will take more money.

Perhaps changing the makeup of the board of directors to also include a few citizen members and a few retired coaching members might be useful instead of just having administration types on the board. A required audit and overhaul of the by-laws every few years might be useful as well.

Since I first started teaching at Delta in 1994, there has been talk of the SEMO districts starting their own organization. It never happens because there is so much that would have to be done.

There must be something in the water about HS volleyball
Private schools get higher caliber kids though.(according to DB)

BTW ..
"Parents barging into a locker room is wrong under any circumstances."

WOW

Why can't private schools control their populations?

So much entitlement

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT