ADVERTISEMENT

? for you “both sides are the same” people

Toots_mcgee

Nov 10, 2020
Two huge wins by Biden today that everyone will ignore to talk about the fartmeister in court.

1. Biden just secured BILLIONS of dollars for workers. He's guaranteeing they get time-and-a-half for overtime worked – anyone who makes less than $58,656 a year. That's up from the current threshold of $35,568.

2. In a stunning development, the FTC just voted to ban non-compete agreements in contracts. That takes the handcuffs off of 18% of the work force – 30 MILLION people – including workers banned from leaving one fast food chain to work for another.

Donald could not have gotten this done. He didn't even try. Who actually cares more about working people Don or Joe?

Two huge wins by Biden today that everyone will ignore to talk about the fartmeister in court.

1. Biden just secured BILLIONS of dollars for workers. He's guaranteeing they get time-and-a-half for overtime worked – anyone who makes less than $58,656 a year. That's up from the current threshold of $35,568.

2. In a stunning development, the FTC just voted to ban non-compete agreements in contracts. That takes the handcuffs off of 18% of the work force – 30 MILLION people – including workers banned from leaving one fast food chain to work for another.

Donald could not have gotten this done. He didn't even try. Who actually cares more about working people Don or Joe?
Fast food workers? Seriously? My gosh, that is insane they have non-competes.

Fast food workers? Seriously? My gosh, that is insane they have non-competes.
Yep they sure do, I went to college and wanted to get a part time job. I had worked at McDonalds for two years in high school. This was in the late 80's. I went to the local McDonalds were I was going to school and applied, got the job, showed up for my first day and was told they could not hire me because I had not been released from my non-compete from the other McDonalds. Had to go beg the other owners to release me to get a job!
Now these non competes would not hold up for other say going from Mcd's to Burger King but they could keep you from going from one franchise to another. Reasoning behind it was to keep other franchise from stealing talent by offering higher wages.

lets not forget Trump did the same thing his was just at $35,658 so its not like Biden hasn't done something Trump did. So really all Biden did was keep up with inflation maybe a bit more.

Having had one of these this is a step in the right direction.

Reactions: 65TPT
Both sides are not the same.

The RNC's senior counsel for election integrity was indicted today in Arizona for election conspiracy and fraud.

You can't make this up.

Pretty close...

The corruption trial of Sen. Bob Menendez — accusing the powerful pol and his wife of accepting cash, gold bars and a Mercedes convertible as bribes — has been postponed until mid-May.

The 70-year-old faces 18 counts charging him and wife Nadine with accepting $566,000 in cash, $150,000 in gold bars and a Mercedes-Benz drop-top from businessmen Fred Daibes, Jose Uribe and Wael Hana.
In exchange, the couple allegedly helped the government of Egypt and Qatar while boosting the interests of Daibes, 66, Uribe, 56, and Hana, 40.

Democrats trying to hold the Senate do nothing about it and let him continue to serve.

Reactions: kaskaskiakid
Pretty close...

The corruption trial of Sen. Bob Menendez — accusing the powerful pol and his wife of accepting cash, gold bars and a Mercedes convertible as bribes — has been postponed until mid-May.

The 70-year-old faces 18 counts charging him and wife Nadine with accepting $566,000 in cash, $150,000 in gold bars and a Mercedes-Benz drop-top from businessmen Fred Daibes, Jose Uribe and Wael Hana.
In exchange, the couple allegedly helped the government of Egypt and Qatar while boosting the interests of Daibes, 66, Uribe, 56, and Hana, 40.

Democrats trying to hold the Senate do nothing about it and let him continue to serve.
Yes but... Over half the Dems have called for his removal. The other half are waiting for him to be found guilty. If he is found guilty I believe there would be a consensus from the Dems to remove him. He was charged once before and got out of it. So I think some of the Dems are worried about removing him before he is found guilty. There are enough Democrats that would vote to remove him if the Republicans backed it, but of course, they won't because... the head of the party cases and all.

Wow I didn't know about fast food workers being under non-compete agreements. That's BS. As desperate as fast food is for workers, I wonder if most places overlook it, Who's checking up on it anyway, they're kids.

I'm better off than I was 4 yrs ago and 8 yrs ago. Unfortunately, I am measuring by hundreds and not thousands of dollars. ;)

Trump gave us all a tax break. My tax returns have been $500-700 more per year. However, the tax break for the middle class is due to expire in 2025. The tax break for the wealthy has no expiration date.

I'll give credit to the Dems for Medicare saving me about $6K a year in health insurance. When I turned 65 last year, I went from paying $770 a month for private insurance to Medicare Advantage and $170 withheld from my SS check. So far, very happy with MedAdv

I'm paying more for goods and services. But I have to shake my head when I hear people talk about how bad of shape the economy is in. Most people I know are living life, spending money, and doing fine.

Last edited:
Pretty close...

In exchange, the couple allegedly helped the government of Egypt and Qatar while boosting theI interests of Daibes, 66, Uribe, 56, and Hana, 40.

I agree, bullit!! That's the stuff that really pisses me off.

Pretty close...

I was referring to democracy. Yes both sides have corruption.

Both sides did not try to overturn the 2020 election. Both sides do not favor unions. Both sides do not pass infrastructure bills. Both sides do not try to negotiate drug costs. Both sides do not want to protect the environment. Both sides are not the same.

Both sides are far from perfect. But in most cases we have to choose a side. I am erroring on the side of workers, the poor, the less fortunate, women and public education.

Both sides did not try to overturn the 2020 election. Both sides do not favor unions. Both sides do not pass infrastructure bills. Both sides do not try to negotiate drug costs. Both sides do not want to protect the environment. Both sides are not the same.

Both sides are far from perfect. But in most cases we have to choose a side. I am erroring on the side of workers, the poor, the less fortunate, women and public education.
b6393f02-5db0-4d29-899d-05c4598febb9_text.gif

Keep moving the goalpost, corruption is corruption!

I showed you that Trump did the exact same thing as Biden on what you posted, if Biden really wants to do good they would have raised it more!

How come Biden and the Dems have not tried to make the middle class tax's cuts permanent like the rich?

Last edited:
Reactions: 65TPT
Keep moving the goalpost, corruption is corruption!

I showed you that Trump did the exact same thing as Biden on what you posted, if Biden really wants to do good they would have raised it more!

How come Biden and the Dems have not tried to make the middle class tax's cuts permanent like the rich?
He raised it 60%!!!!!
That was only 1/2 my post. You conveniently ignored the other topic.

Face it, I could say Biden gave your family
a new car and you would bitch about the interior or insurance being expensive. I get it you don’t like Biden. I didn’t vote for him. All I can do is compare him to the alternative.

Those Trump tax cuts shouldn’t have happened in the first place. Even conservatives advised Trump against them. You ain’t paying Jack squat in taxes now.

Yet I bet you have mentioned the deficit more than a few times in the past decade.
Biden is pushing for higher taxes on the rich.

Those Trump tax cuts shouldn’t have happened in the first place. Even conservatives advised Trump against them. You ain’t paying Jack squat in taxes now.

Yet I bet you have mentioned the deficit more than a few times in the past decade.
Deficit smeficit!!! Our politicians don't seem to care, and I'm not going to be around to pay for it. Extend the middle class tax cut and send me another stimulus check while you're at it!!!!!

Reactions: HomeyR
He raised it 60%!!!!!
That was only 1/2 my post. You conveniently ignored the other topic.

Face it, I could say Biden gave your family
a new car and you would bitch about the interior or insurance being expensive. I get it you don’t like Biden. I didn’t vote for him. All I can do is compare him to the alternative.

Take inflation away and he only raised it maybe 15%!!!! And no I didn't ignore it. I think it is a good thing but its not earth shattering.

I told you I am not better or worse under either honestly. I am not voting for either!

Those middle class Tax cuts should be permanent! We need to cut spending!! and target tax cuts for wage growth for corporations.

Yes I have it needs to be on everybody's mind! We pay almost a Trillion dollars a year in just interest because of the deficit. That money could be used for a lot of better things instead of paying just interest.

Take inflation away and he only raised it maybe 15%!!!! And no I didn't ignore it. I think it is a good thing but its not earth shattering.

I told you I am not better or worse under either honestly. I am not voting for either!

Those middle class Tax cuts should be permanent! We need to cut spending!! and target tax cuts for wage growth for corporations.

Yes I have it needs to be on everybody's mind! We pay almost a Trillion dollars a year in just interest because of the deficit. That money could be used for a lot of better things instead of paying just interest.
that would make some banksters very unhappy.

Bullit, what is your take on Biden's proposed Capital Gains tax rate increase?

Bullit, what is your take on Biden's proposed Capital Gains tax rate increase?
I have looked it over, still not understanding it all, what has been proposed may never see the light of day. And I am not against raising taxes as long as we also cut spending, we need to bring down the national debt just cutting spending at this point will not work, Again we pay almost a trillion in interest a year!!! That money could be used for so many other thing if it was not paying debt. Honestly what needs to happen is if we don't balance the budget all those up for election that cycle will no longer be eligible. What happens in your household if you don't budget? If we don't want businesses or our own households, schools, state governments run that way why do we let our Federal government? so ridicules.

I also don't mind tax cuts, but what we see it tax cuts for say buildings land and other such things. Why not give a corporation a tax cut if their employees are earning certain wages and benefits? Give tax cut to corporation that instead of giving a few corporate officers Millions in stock options, then instead give it across the corporation, and taxes them more if only a certain percentage is handed out to the top. Me and a few buddies were talking and right now corporations are making billions in profits yet inflation is terrible. Some how tie taxes to goods and services, so say McDonald's is raking in record corporate profits yet inflation is 6% so they get taxed higher on those profits because it drove up inflation.

Again I like trickle down, but the problem is if you cut taxes most if not all of the time a corporation is going to largely only pass that money along to the top 1%. The pandemic proved if you put money into the hands of the consumer the common man the economy will go. Now we just need to balance that to keep inflation down.

I have looked it over, still not understanding it all, what has been proposed may never see the light of day. And I am not against raising taxes as long as we also cut spending, we need to bring down the national debt just cutting spending at this point will not work, Again we pay almost a trillion in interest a year!!! That money could be used for so many other thing if it was not paying debt. Honestly what needs to happen is if we don't balance the budget all those up for election that cycle will no longer be eligible. What happens in your household if you don't budget? If we don't want businesses or our own households, schools, state governments run that way why do we let our Federal government? so ridicules.

I also don't mind tax cuts, but what we see it tax cuts for say buildings land and other such things. Why not give a corporation a tax cut if their employees are earning certain wages and benefits? Give tax cut to corporation that instead of giving a few corporate officers Millions in stock options, then instead give it across the corporation, and taxes them more if only a certain percentage is handed out to the top. Me and a few buddies were talking and right now corporations are making billions in profits yet inflation is terrible. Some how tie taxes to goods and services, so say McDonald's is raking in record corporate profits yet inflation is 6% so they get taxed higher on those profits because it drove up inflation.

Again I like trickle down, but the problem is if you cut taxes most if not all of the time a corporation is going to largely only pass that money along to the top 1%. The pandemic proved if you put money into the hands of the consumer the common man the economy will go. Now we just need to balance that to keep inflation down.
We need a time machine at this point to go back and have a 'nice little chat' with Reagan and Stockman before they tried the failed theory of 'trickle down'.

Oligarchs are running the country. They own the politicians. They control the markets with just enough competition to stay away from monopolies.

But on the other hand between inflation of housing and the stock market boom…..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT