ADVERTISEMENT

Does Webb City win another GAME this season?

Willard is quite a bit worse than Ozark. That will be a win. Everyone else is better than Ozark.

I know this was a bad win and that’s being generous but I still won’t be surprised to see Webb get Willard and one or two of those tough ones and then end up playing Carthage again in district. I have a hard time shaking decades of history. Or maybe this really is different I don’t know. Kickapoo surprised the heck out of me but you know sometimes things happen but I thought zero chance they lose to ozark too but here we are.

Others are welcome to knock Webb and/or kick them when down. Hey I get it they've knocked the crap out of so many SWMO FB programs over the years................rivals etc. they have been such with my Alma Mater Kearney but I have nothing but pure, flat out respect for them and everything they've done for MO HSFB over the decades. Yeah I'm the sappy type who roots for all the kids but, my goodness, they are gonna recover and I cannot wait to see them do it!

I’m really hoping they don’t win another game this year
Would tickle me to death if they would win out. None of the teams left on their schedule are much better than average football teams. When Webb was halfway healthy they had Nixa on their heals for two quarters and scored more on them than anyone so far.

I saw kids on defense last night standing on their heels waiting to get hit, time to start some different kids and find a group that wants to play

Others are welcome to knock Webb and/or kick them when down. Hey I get it they've knocked the crap out of so many SWMO FB programs over the years................rivals etc. they have been such with my Alma Mater Kearney but I have nothing but pure, flat out respect for them and everything they've done for MO HSFB over the decades. Yeah I'm the sappy type who roots for all the kids but, my goodness, they are gonna recover and I cannot wait to see them do it!
I am with Mr. Hat here. I get why others are giddy over watching them struggle, but I have nothing but respect for the run they have had. Every school that hates them wishes their school was like them. It is no doubt going to be an interesting story to follow.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I take a great amount of pride in the fact the entire state is so giddy WC is having a poor season so far. This is decades of angst and frustration being built up and finally expressed. Only shows what a historical run WC has been on. Live it up fellas, you deserve to have a little fun after watching that dominance for so long.

I am with Mr. Hat here. I get why others are giddy over watching them struggle, but I have nothing but respect for the run they have had. Every school that hates them wishes their school was like them. It is no doubt going to be an interesting story to follow.
I think one can both enjoy watching them struggle while also having an enormous amount of respect for the tradition they have. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. And totally agreed, it will be really interesting to watch it all unfold.

I think one can both enjoy watching them struggle while also having an enormous amount of respect for the tradition they have. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. And totally agreed, it will be really interesting to watch it all unfold.
Agreed.

Would tickle me to death if they would win out. None of the teams left on their schedule are much better than average football teams. When Webb was halfway healthy they had Nixa on their heals for two quarters and scored more on them than anyone so far.

I saw kids on defense last night standing on their heels waiting to get hit, time to start some different kids and find a group that wants to play
Hope springs eternal! Reality check. The teams Webb has lost to have been clobbered by a couple teams remaining on your schedule (Republic and Carthage). Small chance against Neosho or Joplin. I’ll give you Willar_.

The win against Lebanon is very misleading. The yellow jackets drove up and down the field on the cardinal defense, but turned the ball over four or five times in that game.

I think coach eluded to that in the post game. Said there were some underperformers they might need to look at giving some other kids a shot.

Hope springs eternal! Reality check. The teams Webb has lost to have been clobbered by a couple teams remaining on your schedule (Republic and Carthage). Small chance against Neosho or Joplin. I’ll give you Willar_.
This is what is shocking to me. Kickapoo didn't even belong on the same field as Republic last night. Republic could have scored 80 if they had wanted too. Webb will have to improve massively to just lose to Republic by 14.

This is a nice post . Just my opinion, but history tells us dynasties run their course and come to an end. Back in the day, I remember it being Jeff City. Where have they been? Camdenton not as dominant as they once were. Joplin/Parkwood had a decent run. (And I’m talking public schools primarily). Any way, I’m thinking they have next year to rebound (quarter appearance min). If not, a 7 win or less season and it teeters on becoming the new norm.
It is my belief that there were games WC was not the best team on the field during their run, but they won, not because they thought they could, but because they knew they would. That played in their opponents minds too. It was an expected outcome. That is gone.

Last edited:
This is a nice post . Just my opinion, but history tells us dynasties run their course and come to an end. Back in the day, I remember it being Jeff City. Where have they been? Camdenton not as dominant as they once were. Jolllin/Parkwood had a decent run. (And I’m talking public schools primarily). Any way, I’m thinking they have next year to rebound (quarter appearance min). If not, a 7 win or less season and it teeters on becoming the new norm.
It is my belief that there were games WC was not the best team on the field during their run, but they won, not because they thought they could, but because they knew they would. That played in their opponents minds too. It was an expected outcome. That is gone.
Last paragraph is 100% spot on.

Reactions: cardsbeatwriter
I never doubted Webb would win a close game before this year. I was 100% certain they were going to score against Republic on that last drive last year.

Reactions: I2R I
This is a nice post . Just my opinion, but history tells us dynasties run their course and come to an end. Back in the day, I remember it being Jeff City. Where have they been? Camdenton not as dominant as they once were. Joplin/Parkwood had a decent run. (And I’m talking public schools primarily). Any way, I’m thinking they have next year to rebound (quarter appearance min). If not, a 7 win or less season and it teeters on becoming the new norm.
I keep telling spoiled "bandwagon" Chiefs fans here essentially the same thing. Yeah different level altogether but they are NOT going to win the SB every darned year!

Reactions: I2R I
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT