ADVERTISEMENT

West Plains 21 - Branson 46 (FINAL)

WP turnover on downs.

Branson just kneeling it out now.

46-21 Branson. Final.

A great game for 3 quarters.

Then WP With 2 costly turnovers early in the 4th and that made the difference.

WP OL played better for 3 quarters than they have all years but didn’t get it done.

I’d say Branson wins the OMC probably.

CJ wasn’t putting it on Rog as much as I thought they would be.

WP turnover on downs.

Branson just kneeling it out now.

46-21 Branson. Final.

A great game for 3 quarters.

Then WP With 2 costly turnovers early in the 4th and that made the difference.

WP OL played better for 3 quarters than they have all years but didn’t get it done.

I’d say Branson wins the OMC probably.

CJ wasn’t putting it on Rog as much as I thought they would be.
CJ end up winning 38-13. Rogersville has some good freshman athletes but I don't think CJ looked great.

CJ end up winning 38-13. Rogersville has some good freshman athletes but I don't think CJ looked great.
I think if CJ plays a perfect game they can get branson.
I think the CJ/WP game will be a good one but I would still favor WP by 7. Just my opinion.
Hopefully Hillcrest has their other starters that were out tonight back next week and can maybe give y’all a somewhat decent game next week.
It was the JV QBs first varsity start tonight, with out two of his weapons on the field. 3 if you count the receiver.

I think the CJ/WP game will be a good one but I would still favor WP by 7. Just my opinion.
You are all over the place. A week ago you had WP as the 4th best team in the conference behind both CJ and Bolivar (LOL) and now you have WP has a 7 point favorite over CJ

You are all over the place. A week ago you had WP as the 4th best team in the conference behind both CJ and Bolivar (LOL) and now you have WP has a 7 point favorite over CJ
Well, I didn’t think WP would be 3 points behind Branson headed into the 4th.

Also didn’t think Parkview would be within 3 TDs of Bolivar by Half and Parkview won.

CJ pulled away pretty well from Rog but game was closer at half than I think it will be next week when Rog plays WP.

Learned more about all those teams tonight.

For being one of the biggest class 4 teams we play way too many kids both ways. Never seen this small of a Zizzer team. There are some good players that could be playing but refuse to play, who step out their Sophomore year. It was obvious in the 4th quarter they were out of gas. Could be the reason why Jones pass game is suffering by play defense end the entire game. Just my two cents.

Reactions: TadQueasy
For being one of the biggest class 4 teams we play way too many kids both ways. Never seen this small of a Zizzer team. There are some good players that could be playing but refuse to play, who step out their Sophomore year. It was obvious in the 4th quarter they were out of gas. Could be the reason why Jones pass game is suffering by play defense end the entire game. Just my two cents.
I think that is definitely a huge problem right now. Other teams have way more left in the tank and the Zizzers are spent. A little cooler weather will help with that possibly. But it still is not a good situation.

Also, I think this is showing a little of the limitations of Coach Wyatt. He is a great X and Os coach and he is doing a good job with the Zizzers IMO. But he is also a guy who is going to rub some the wrong way and he is not going to get out some of the athletes on the fence about things. The result of this is going to be lower numbers. This is what separates Coach Ary from many coaches including Wyatt. He was great at X and Os and had the personality to get out and keep kids playing. Perkins had that personality as well, but struggled with more of the game and discipline stuff. Wyatt has been at schools where lower numbers were not a big issue and pretty much everyone played both sides of the ball. Now that he has moved up in class size that becomes a bigger issue. Will be interesting to see how he maneuvers in those waters. I think they have a good shot of winning their district still. But maybe tough to go much beyond that.

Reactions: OldZizzer69
Also, I think this is showing a little of the limitations of Coach Wyatt. He is a great X and Os coach and he is doing a good job with the Zizzers IMO. But he is also a guy who is going to rub some the wrong way and he is not going to get out some of the athletes on the fence about things. The result of this is going to be lower numbers. This is what separates Coach Ary from many coaches including Wyatt. He was great at X and Os and had the personality to get out and keep kids playing. Perkins had that personality as well, but struggled with more of the game and discipline stuff. Wyatt has been at schools where lower numbers were not a big issue and pretty much everyone played both sides of the ball. Now that he has moved up in class size that becomes a bigger issue. Will be interesting to see how he maneuvers in those waters. I think they have a good shot of winning their district still. But maybe tough to go much beyond that.
1. He sounds like Buckmaster. He was a great coach but some kids didn't want to play for him. A kid would either love him or hate him

2. WP and CJ will play in the district title game. WP has a better first string. I would say CJ has more depth. Only a few kids are playing both ways for CJ right now. The game may be decided by how many injuries WP has at that time.

1. He sounds like Buckmaster. He was a great coach but some kids didn't want to play for him. A kid would either love him or hate him

2. WP and CJ will play in the district title game. WP has a better first string. I would say CJ has more depth. Only a few kids are playing both ways for CJ right now. The game may be decided by how many injuries WP has at that time.
I would say that is a fair assessment. WP cannot have many injuries or their season is over.

They don't play each other until the end of the regular season too. Will be interesting to see if that game means much in the district standings. Home field advantage could be on the line for districts. That is a pretty big deal. I could easily see this being a situation where one teams wins in the regular season and the other team takes the district game.

Reactions: OldZizzer69
I would say that is a fair assessment. WP cannot have many injuries or their season is over.

They don't play each other until the end of the regular season too. Will be interesting to see if that game means much in the district standings. Home field advantage could be on the line for districts. That is a pretty big deal. I could easily see this being a situation where one teams wins in the regular season and the other team takes the district game.
The last game will be for home field in the district title game. I don't see any other scenario.

Reactions: TadQueasy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT