ADVERTISEMENT

District Release Instant React

shovel_option

Aug 24, 2009
Reminder: Semifinal Rotation this year is Districts 1/2 vs Districts 5/6 and Districts 3/4 vs Districts 7/8. Class 0.5 will be 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4

Class 0.5: The best two teams are in the same district. But with only 4, it had to be that way unfortunately. Ironic Veer trashed this class last year and now the Blackhawks will go for the title. He's smiling big today.

Class 2: Pretty balanced throughout. Lamar has a CAKEWALK to semifinals in the weakest 2 district setup I've seen in a while. Like win every game by 50+ type deal. Districts 7 and 8 also would be "down" compared to some others. District 3 is very good and Fair Grove would likely await in the Quarters.

Class 3: BO vs Maryville round 2 in the semis? Seneca to the title game. L4L joins Class 3 and could make semifinals instantly. I hear good things about Dexter down south.

Class 4: Lutheran North easiest district ever, they vs Kearney in the semis. Hillsboro/Festus the other side favorites?

Class 5: Ritter gets shipped south. District 2 is a beast. District 7 is a beast. Districts 3 - 6 wide open

Class 6: Jackson vs CBC rematch. LSN vs Rock rematch? Rock vs Nixa rematch? Liberty North vs DeSmet semifinal?

So West Plains has a larger enrollment than Hillcrest per the estimates that were released but Hillcrest is 5 and WP is 4.

It’s crazy the Mount Vernon went East to district 5 and got to stay out of Senecas district 6. There were three or 4 schools in district 6 that are further east then Mount Vernon. Tom Cox must have made a few phone calls.

Be interesting to see if the stars align and Camdenton vs Lebanon happens in district play.
bees-not-the-bees.gif

So West Plains has a larger enrollment than Hillcrest per the estimates that were released but Hillcrest is 5 and WP is 4.
1 of two things happen here. There was movement in opposite directions between November and March. Or mshsaa is fudging with the numbers.

I'm gonna guess scenario 1 so as to not be called a conspiracy theorist

It’s crazy the Mount Vernon went East to district 5 and got to stay out of Senecas district 6. There were three or 4 schools in district 6 that are further east then Mount Vernon. Tom Cox must have made a few phone calls.
Mt. Vernon plays Seneca in week 2. The gap between the 2 teams is not as big as everyone thinks. MV has almost everyone back from last year. They will be tough. We will see how tough next week.

Reactions: Title-run06
Republic may have graduated most of the starting lineup and not be nearly as good as last year but I'm going out on a limb and proclaim them as district 6 champs.

Republic may have graduated most of the starting lineup and not be nearly as good as last year but I'm going out on a limb and proclaim them as district 6 champs.
Republic is a big winner. The 2nd best team is Branson. What does Grain Valley have this year?

There is an all SW MO class 6 district. Nixa will easily win it

The final numbers were different. WP was relatively the same, but Hillcrest’s numbers were bigger. After all the renovations that have been done there, it’s a nicer school facility than most of the other SPS so I’m not surprised they’re getting more kids now.

Will let cardsfan do the details all I know is they like the incoming RB.
C4 D8 looks clear cut as it gets: Kearney is preseason favorite with Smithville and Savannah the contenders. Also confirmed the Semifinalist from this region likely gets a date with Lutheran North (all things remaining equal which often fails to occur).

C4 D8 looks clear cut as it gets: Kearney is preseason favorite with Smithville and Savannah the contenders. Also confirmed the Semifinalist from this region likely gets a date with Lutheran North (all things remaining equal which often fails to occur).
D4 Parkway North and the Lutheran North transfer QB may await.

C5 D8 Platte County and St. Pius X used to be one of if not THE Northland's top rivalry 20-25 years ago now both in this class UNREAL. Winner of this one (get up close look at Fort tonight) runs headlong most likely into the Carthage-Webb City winner in a MUST SEE Quarterfinal.

C5 D8 Platte County and St. Pius X used to be one of if not THE Northland's top rivalry 20-25 years ago now both in this class UNREAL. Winner of this one (get up close look at Fort tonight) runs headlong most likely into the Carthage-Webb City winner in a MUST SEE Quarterfinal.
Helias Catholic and perhaps a darkhorse Capital City look to meet the Ritter all stars in the semis. Definitely like the 7-8 winner to see Dr. Fred and MICDS in the other semi.

Mt Vernon heading east is as big of a surprise as anything. Forsyth moving up, I knew there was a chance, but really thought they would be Class 2 for another round

Does Grain Valley have anything this year to push Carthage and/or Webb in D7?

Pius X to Class 5, playing a class 3 schedule all season. Their first test will be in a district semi-final after playing Rockhurst week 1. If they hold their own in that game, watch out Class 5 District 8.

Reactions: HomeyR
As far as Class 4 goes in the KC area, the road to state rolls through HWY 92 as it will for a long time between Smithville and Kearney. Savannah will be a fun team to look out for between the two front runners for that district.

It took me 3.5 hours to implement the classification changes this morning to bluemonkeyonline.com . Is it just me or does it seem like more schools got knocked down a class than up. I know it is not possible but it felt like I was constantly moving schools down a class. excluding Pius X KC.

It took me 3.5 hours to implement the classification changes this morning to bluemonkeyonline.com . Is it just me or does it seem like more schools got knocked down a class than up. I know it is not possible but it felt like I was constantly moving schools down a class. excluding Pius X KC.
NKC also up from 5 to 6

Will let cardsfan do the details all I know is they like the incoming RB.
I'm actually bigger on the sophomore RB Dowhower, he will be nasty next year.
GV is down from previous couple years however I put nothing past Allie once week 8 gets here. He always seems to have a competitive team by seasons end

Last edited:
Reactions: thetophat2021
Does Grain Valley have anything this year to push Carthage and/or Webb in D7?
My understanding is both are down from last year I know webb is but not 100 on Carthage. That being said GV has a lot of Juniors that will have to grow this season to accomplish anything

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT