ADVERTISEMENT

Did Indiana Blacklist Me!?!?

Albert C. Slater

Oct 19, 2017
Bayside, CA
So after seeing a bot post a thread that linked to the Indiana page, I made a reply post to a moderator their.

My post is at the bottom

When I went to check it this morning, it says I have insufficient privileges to reply here. Did they blacklist me for asking for help!?!?

So after seeing a bot post a thread that linked to the Indiana page, I made a reply post to a moderator their.

My post is at the bottom

When I went to check it this morning, it says I have insufficient privileges to reply here. Did they blacklist me for asking for help!?!?
I also replied to Jim the Moderator on that thread. The moment I hit post, I got the same insufficient message. I also checked some of their other boards. They are absolutely getting spammed like us.

I also replied to Jim the Moderator on that thread. The moment I hit post, I got the same insufficient message. I also checked some of their other boards. They are absolutely getting spammed like us.
Perhaps there is some waiting period or approval process for "new members"? My account stats were all blank and my joined date was yesterday when I was on that site

Once again heaven only knows what is going on but it makes no sense unless somehow they are making gobs of money doing this!
but at some point you are going to run the people off the forums so your only audience will be the spammers themselves?
So really in the end they will gain nothing.

but at some point you are going to run the people off the forums so your only audience will be the spammers themselves?
So really in the end they will gain nothing.
Again so much to unpack here. I don't really think whomever is behind this cares beyond flooding and eventually destroying the site. Nothing else makes sense. AGAIN why is the Pol Crap board exempt?

Reactions: bullitpdq68
I googled Rivals and Spam bots and list after list came up of forums all across rivals is being hit. One did mention it looks to be mainly the ones that are free that are being hit the hardest.

Again so much to unpack here. I don't really think whomever is behind this cares beyond flooding and eventually destroying the site. Nothing else makes sense. AGAIN why is the Pol Crap board exempt?
There are several boards that are exempt across rivals then others are being slammed. Again just googling Rivals and Spam bots it is interesting the sites that are being targeted and what others are trying todo. Looks like Rivals just may suck....

Reactions: thetophat2021
@thetophat2021 Looks like a lot are waging battles.

At this point not one bit surprised. The good, good, good part is we can absolutely eliminate any possibility the primary bot attack is local BUT I still think there has been some "piggybacking" which is not hard to do. Until Yahoo/Rivals gets its act together, though, this will only intensify. Look how many are hitting just today vs. yesterday!

Reactions: bullitpdq68
At this point not one bit surprised. The good, good, good part is we can absolutely eliminate any possibility the primary bot attack is local BUT I still think there has been some "piggybacking" which is not hard to do. Until Yahoo/Rivals gets its act together, though, this will only intensify. Look how many are hitting just today vs. yesterday!
Well some mods are doing a really good job of cleaning up sites, others like ours not so good... We need Tophat for MOD!!!!

I just went to Indiana and it wouldn't let me post a single thing! Some users did respond to Slater. Mostly making jokes. One user did say that it was wild, the bot attacks are drawing SOS/help calls from other Rivals sites. The moderator Slater responded to had not posted anything else yet.

So funny thing I went back to this board just to see how it is going and I have been banned? I never even posted?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT