ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Changes 21

Joeys trailer park in carney is the epitome of class and elegance.

And I'm sure you've been sorely missed.
Not as much as your wife is.

giphy.gif

K with an easier schedule next year in 2022.

Swap Belton for DeSoto
Swap Excelsior for Grain Valley

Otherwise, the same schedule. Play that this year they go 8-4 or 7-4.
Excelsior is joining the league so that one is a must. Belton was good in 2020. Still gonna be very interested to see how this team comes out with the brand new HC and staff this August. Frankly ready today!

Jed Paulsen, who has been a member of the Blue Springs High School football coaching staff the past six years, has been named the new head coach, following David White’s resignation last week.

White was named head coach in 2020 after longtime coach Kelly Donohoe announced that he was retiring from Blue Springs and taking the job as head coach at Rockhurst High School. Donohoe left with 191 victories and four state titles in 20 seasons.

"I'm excited, and our players seem excited," said Paulsen, who met with his Wildcat players and assistant coaches Monday morning. "It looks like we're going to have 100 percent of our coaching staff back, and that's exciting.

"And we had about 80 or 85 players attend our meeting this morning, and we're all eager to prepare for next season."

Jed Paulsen, who has been a member of the Blue Springs High School football staff the past six seasons, was introduced to the team as the new head coach Monday morning. Paulsen was the offensive line coach and running game coordinator under former coach David White, who resigned after coaching the Wildcats the past two seasons.

White finished 7-14 in his two seasons as head coach of the Wildcats, including 2-8 this past fall.

White came to Blue Springs after one season at Ridgeland High School in Mississippi. He served the previous two seasons as the running backs coach and recruiting coordinator at the University of Nevada. Prior to that, White gained national attention when he won three conference championships from 2003-06 at Las Vegas-area power Bishop Gorman.

"We want to thank Coach White for all he did for our program the past two seasons and wish him well in his future endeavors," Blue Springs activities director Alan Hull said. "He showed a great deal of dedication to our program and we appreciate that.

"And now, Coach Paulsen is taking over the program and he has a pedigree that he won't tell you about, because that's just not his style.”

That pedigree includes a career at North Carolina State University where he was the center for longtime San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers and was a candidate for the Rimington Award as the nation’s top center.

"He has a special connection with kids, and we are so excited to see him take over as head coach," Hull said.

Paulsen graduated from Hickman High School in Columbia, Mo., where he was a three-time, first-team, all-state selection as an offensive lineman, a state runner-up and then state champion as a heavyweight wrestler, a two-time football team captain and three-time wrestling captain.

He went on to be a three-year starter at center for N.C. State, where he was a three-time, first-team Academic All-ACC selection.

Paulsen continued his coaching career at the University of Central Missouri as the tight end/strength and conditioning coach for the Mules. After earning his masters in secondary administration from UCM, he spent the six years as the offensive line coach and strength and conditioning coordinator for Truman State University.

"My wife Anna teaches kindergarten at James Lewis Elementary and we have three children, Jackson (age 13), Carter (10), and Brynley (8) in the Blue Springs School District," Paulsen said. "This is where we live. This is our community, and I want to work with and coach young men who are going to make this an even better community. That is my goal and the goal of our entire coaching staff."

Paulsen is presently an assistant principal at Blue Springs High School.

"I found out Friday I was the new head coach, and today (Monday) I met with the team, so it's all going pretty quick," Paulsen said, adding that he was lucky to work with Donohoe and White over the past six years.

"I just want everyone associated with our team and everyone in the community to know how excited I am about getting this job,” he said. "We're going to build up the confidence of our players and love them up - we're going to let them know how special they are to our program. We want to build great young student/athletes, great young men who will go on to be great husbands and fathers and leaders in our community."

Jed Paulsen, who has been a member of the Blue Springs High School football coaching staff the past six years, has been named the new head coach, following David White’s resignation last week.

White was named head coach in 2020 after longtime coach Kelly Donohoe announced that he was retiring from Blue Springs and taking the job as head coach at Rockhurst High School. Donohoe left with 191 victories and four state titles in 20 seasons.

"I'm excited, and our players seem excited," said Paulsen, who met with his Wildcat players and assistant coaches Monday morning. "It looks like we're going to have 100 percent of our coaching staff back, and that's exciting.

"And we had about 80 or 85 players attend our meeting this morning, and we're all eager to prepare for next season."

Jed Paulsen, who has been a member of the Blue Springs High School football staff the past six seasons, was introduced to the team as the new head coach Monday morning. Paulsen was the offensive line coach and running game coordinator under former coach David White, who resigned after coaching the Wildcats the past two seasons.

White finished 7-14 in his two seasons as head coach of the Wildcats, including 2-8 this past fall.

White came to Blue Springs after one season at Ridgeland High School in Mississippi. He served the previous two seasons as the running backs coach and recruiting coordinator at the University of Nevada. Prior to that, White gained national attention when he won three conference championships from 2003-06 at Las Vegas-area power Bishop Gorman.

"We want to thank Coach White for all he did for our program the past two seasons and wish him well in his future endeavors," Blue Springs activities director Alan Hull said. "He showed a great deal of dedication to our program and we appreciate that.

"And now, Coach Paulsen is taking over the program and he has a pedigree that he won't tell you about, because that's just not his style.”

That pedigree includes a career at North Carolina State University where he was the center for longtime San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers and was a candidate for the Rimington Award as the nation’s top center.

"He has a special connection with kids, and we are so excited to see him take over as head coach," Hull said.

Paulsen graduated from Hickman High School in Columbia, Mo., where he was a three-time, first-team, all-state selection as an offensive lineman, a state runner-up and then state champion as a heavyweight wrestler, a two-time football team captain and three-time wrestling captain.

He went on to be a three-year starter at center for N.C. State, where he was a three-time, first-team Academic All-ACC selection.

Paulsen continued his coaching career at the University of Central Missouri as the tight end/strength and conditioning coach for the Mules. After earning his masters in secondary administration from UCM, he spent the six years as the offensive line coach and strength and conditioning coordinator for Truman State University.

"My wife Anna teaches kindergarten at James Lewis Elementary and we have three children, Jackson (age 13), Carter (10), and Brynley (8) in the Blue Springs School District," Paulsen said. "This is where we live. This is our community, and I want to work with and coach young men who are going to make this an even better community. That is my goal and the goal of our entire coaching staff."

Paulsen is presently an assistant principal at Blue Springs High School.

"I found out Friday I was the new head coach, and today (Monday) I met with the team, so it's all going pretty quick," Paulsen said, adding that he was lucky to work with Donohoe and White over the past six years.

"I just want everyone associated with our team and everyone in the community to know how excited I am about getting this job,” he said. "We're going to build up the confidence of our players and love them up - we're going to let them know how special they are to our program. We want to build great young student/athletes, great young men who will go on to be great husbands and fathers and leaders in our community."
great hire and Kelly wanted him to takeover when he left

Reactions: thetophat2021
Minnick did not fair so well against the state champs last year that he will be battling against for championships.

Big Jimmy and Joe impact at K with new coach. Watch for 4-5 upperclass starters to hit the field that would not play for old regime. Soph and Junior class undefeated as Freshman as well...the purple swarm is gathering again.
I am beyond excited for what is likely coming. Highway 92 gonna be a WAR ZONE this fall and beyond!

Minnick did not fair so well against the state champs last year that he will be battling against for championships.
Nobody did vs. Smithville. Platte County gave the a game but I'd bet anything a rematch would never have been nearly that close. The Warriors had a historic team. Kearney is going to rise fast mark it down.

Still think the Warriors will be the "kings of the hill" in this area in C4 next fall but change is coming after that.
Significant talent bleed...

"All-District" players...losing 12 of 16. But that still is a pretty good class that are Seniors at Smithville...after next year...not so much.

Cody Simoncic 12 6'3" 205 LINEBACKER Smithville High School
Gabe Talley 12 6'2" 205 LINEBACKER Smithville High School
Andrew Hedgecorth 11 5'10" 165 QB Smithville High School
Hayden Sigg 12 5'10" 185 RB Smithville High School
Caleb Donnell 11 5'10" 180 D-BACK Smithville High School
Sam Calvert 12 5'11" 190 TE Smithville High School
Rhett Foster 12 6'3" 175 WR Smithville High School
Noah Riecker 12 5'10" 175 D-BACK Smithville High School
Derek Boyd 11 5'11" 185 LINEBACKER Smithville High School
Noah Schuetz 12 6' 175 KICKER Smithville High School
Mason Crim 12 6' 255 D-LINE Smithville High School
Keltin Nitsche 12 6'2" 175 WR Smithville High School
Dawson Strickland 11 6'1" 180 D-END Smithville High School
Nicholas Vaccaro 12 6'3" 265 O-LINE Smithville High School
Tristan Wald 12 6'1" 240 O-LINE Smithville High School
Jacob Lakenburger 12 6'2" 240 O-LINE Smithville High School

Reactions: thetophat2021
Wish Pugh could get a chance outside of Truman if he is trying. He is good with the kids, and Raytown would get him the access to a lot more athletic talent than what he has had.
Some of that Raytown talent was recruited in. Wouldn't surprise if Harris, all of the sudden started getting a few players to the South side.

Reactions: TadQueasy
Raytown and Park Hill South holding steady
Its almost March and no coaches.
Who knows what Liberty North is doing
Lincoln Prep

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT