ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Changes 21

Mofan79

Oct 5, 2018
With the end of the season approaching the coaching carousel will begin in earnest the next couple weeks I wanted to get ahead and start a thread for it. I would ask that any non-confirmed rumors or speculation be posted to this only after a teams season is finished. If you have a confirmed posting and are 100% sure it is true please post that it has been confirmed and the source from which you've confirmed it. At the end of the day a coaching change effects (or affects I never know) the livelihood of a person willing to put in a a lot of work for a couple bucks an hour to help kids and should not be taken lightly or without respect. Just a reminder before we get to that part of the year and hopefully this can be a singular thread to discuss the changes made this off season.

Current changes:
Blue Springs South
Rock Bridge
Dexter
Marshall
North Platte
Mccluer North
Carruthersville
Aurora
Vianney
Branson
Cassville
Kearney
Smith Cotton
Knob Noster
Skyline

Last edited:
Reactions: HoopsTournament
I heard a rumor that coach Roderique is a stud and will continue to be one.

I heard a rumor that coach Roderique is a stud and will continue to be one.
tumblr_oq9voqLmBw1sr5vsyo3_r1_500.gif

But 5-3 is not a stud year

Reactions: HomeyR
Be interesting to see what a couple schools around here do: Carrolton who fired coach mid-season. Lexington who hired an interim at beginning of the season because of a late resignation. Both teams have struggled in MRVC East this year.

Be interesting to see what a couple schools around here do: Carrolton who fired coach mid-season. Lexington who hired an interim at beginning of the season because of a late resignation. Both teams have struggled in MRVC East this year.
Is the Carrolton deal confirmed I never could find anything about it

I heard Truman might be opening up. It is a black hole that swallows coaches and has been for 40 years.
Coach they have is a great guy as well.
Just no culture in winning or youth football there and hasn't been for generations. One of those schools where if your son has talent in 8th grade you will be looking and talking to coaches elsewhere.

I heard Truman might be opening up. It is a black hole that swallows coaches and has been for 40 years.
Just no culture in winning or youth football there and hasn't been for generations. One of those schools where if your son has talent in 8th grade you will be looking and talking to coaches elsewhere.
There are a lot of socioeconomic factors to overcome in the Independence school district. That's the biggest factor in schools that win consistently and those that don't. That's not to say things could not, or should not be better. But I don't think you're going to see Truman, or Bill Chrisman, or Van Horn, winning state titles any time soon, regardless of anything that is done differently by the people at those schools.

Reactions: mysonis1
There are a lot of socioeconomic factors to overcome in the Independence school district. That's the biggest factor in schools that win consistently and those that don't. That's not to say things could not, or should not be better. But I don't think you're going to see Truman, or Bill Chrisman, or Van Horn, winning state titles any time soon, regardless of anything that is done differently by the people at those schools.
I believe about 5 or 6 years ago Truman was 9 win team in the district title game

Coach Pugh there is a really good dude... but they have been pretty bad under him. I'm sure it is tough to get numbers out but they have had some decent looking players the last few years and still struggle to be competitive.

There is a study on that correlation. Although Truman and CHrisman do well in basketball. Chrisman really well in track and field. WC 20-11 in 2018 in bb and 13-8 in 2019 Truman 19-7 in 2020

Ding ding ding. Independence is a rough, rough place currently. There aren't a ton of families in that district that value education and/or the benefit of strong athletic programs.

Reactions: quadzilla200
East bound and down to THE FORT O.

Reactions: quadzilla200
fair enough I just remembered them having a decent record one year
That was Greg Webb's team and he had a stud named Jordan Salima massive running back at least when he was playing at Truman State. Didn't win any other year he was there before he got fired for disciplinary reasons (too old school with his own disciplinary practices).

You can't completely explain it that way when Fort is 5 miles from Chrisman and 80% of Fort's student body lives in the same areas as Chrisman and Truman. Truman is much more middle class than Chrisman or Fort, not as much as they used to be, but still. Pugh is a great guy and I hope he gets a second chance somewhere where there is hope. He knows his stuff and is good with kids. He has had talent like a lineman who is at Ball State and raw athletes that pop up but never together and it is so sporadic he can't build a team with depth because kids just don't come out and the argument is they are soft when it comes to adversity. When I say soft, see the above post as why Webb was fired.

Van Horn definitely has a different set of struggles BUT they are doing great! Their enrollment has DOUBLED in the last 10 years since ISD took them over and they got third in Class 5 basketball with 1000 students. Soccer studs and honestly their football team is pretty stout for the obstacles they have with numbers. Very proud of what they've done with Van Horn.

He was a finalist a couple years ago when they decided to go with recent coach. Be interesting to see if he applies again.
He has it rolling at LSN, pretty good district to work for, working for the alma mater not always the best thing for everyone. I haven't seen that BS is even open though.

Webster Groves is now open.
It won't be. Munir Prince was named interm, he will be the head coach next year. The principal Matt Irvin was the offensive line coach. he quit week 3, then with the help of the AD office promoted and demoted coaches and created crazy situation at Webster. Yesterday Buha and 5 coaches resigned. Prince is the assistant AD and will now be the head coach next year. If that doesn't happen I will eat my socks.

I live in Webster, I watched Coach Ice destroy that program the last 5 years he was the coach in Webster and Buha was starting to build it up. Had community interest in the program, had the youth program with 23 8th graders.

He got 3 covid games and 3 regular season games before this happened.

The Webster Groves rebuild is 4-5 years.

Reactions: FootOnTheGas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT