Centralia- Chad Thall
CJ- Cort Hardy
Doniphan-
Fordland- Scott Brakebill
Hermitage- Zac Sutt
Mount Vernon- Ryan Worley
Osage- Jeffrey Hinshaw
Ozark- Jayme Donnelly

I'm sure there's more and that some have or will be filled quietly or from within.

Last edited:
Cabool boys is open as far as I know. They were celebrating their coaches retirement towards the end of the year.

Head Coaching openings:

Butler
Cabool
Centralia
Clark Co.
Doniphan
Fayette
Fordland
Greenville? (Not sure if boys or girls)
Hermitage
Humansville
Hurley
Jeff City
Kennett
Madison? (Not sure if boys or girls)
Mark Twain
Marquette
Meadow Heights
Mount Vernon
Rockwood Summit
Osage
Ozark
Southwest
Washington

I'm sure there's more. This is just off MOteachingjobs.
Liberty North High School Boys

Jeff City has seen its football coach, boys bball coach and AD leave in the last 5 months...
I am eager to hear the actual details as to why Buffington got out. With how JC operates and some of the people. I think there is more to the story. JMO

I am eager to hear the actual details as to why Buffington got out. With how JC operates and some of the people. I think there is more to the story. JMO
Well, the schools are an absolute mess...so there's that. And his boys are playing at Helias.

Reactions: 65TPT
Carl Junction boys is open
What happened there? They seemed to be on the upswing with young talent and had a better year than normal? Probably best year in several years. I don't feel like they have been good since like 2014?...

Head Coaching openings:

Butler
Cabool
Centralia
Clark Co.
Doniphan
Fayette
Fordland
Greenville? (Not sure if boys or girls)
Hermitage
Humansville
Hurley
Jeff City
Kennett
Leopold
Liberty North
Madison? (Not sure if boys or girls)
Mark Twain
Marquette
Meadow Heights
Mount Vernon
Rockwood Summit
Osage
Ozark
Southwest
Twin Rivers
Washington

I'm sure there's more. This is just off MOteachingjobs.
Is Osage the boys or girls?

https://twitter.com/RodKRCG13
@RodKRCG13
·
24m

Josh Buffington tells me this is a family decision and he has no plans to be a head coach over the next 3 years, while his sons finish high school. He wants to be a dad for his two sons and one daughter, and husband to his wife. Buffington spent 3 seasons leading the Jays.
What a run. 2 final fours in 3 years! Something was working! Congrats on a great 3 years Coach Buffington.

Reactions: 65TPT
I saw Hunziker went to Harrisburg. Shaking my head on that one for sure. Had not heard Englebrecht leaving there too
The Lake is a weird area now, it has changed quite a bit in the last 5-10 yrs. Harrisburg is one of those great small town sports places. He was in central MO for a long time before going to Osage. I think he's from that area originally too, but could be wrong.

What happened there? They seemed to be on the upswing with young talent and had a better year than normal? Probably best year in several years. I don't feel like they have been good since like 2014?...
I don't know for sure. I wonder if they think they can get a better coach because they have better talent coming up. The 8th grade only lost once this year and beat every other COC team in the regular season.

I don't know for sure. I wonder if they think they can get a better coach because they have better talent coming up. The 8th grade only lost once this year and beat every other COC team in the regular season.
Conference switch probably won't hurt that either.

Reactions: da bears 25
Conference switch probably won't hurt that either.
Probably not but I think a team like Rogersville might be one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the area next year. Most basketball games are non conference anyway.

Probably not but I think a team like Rogersville might be one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the area next year. Most basketball games are non conference anyway.
Yea Rog will be a handful, but overall CJ will be able to schedule a lot more winnable games. And like you alluded to they have a good crop of young talent coming, Hate to see them let someone go when things are on the upswing, But I'm not close enough to it to really know.
Maybe the former girls coach is now ready to get back into coaching since Admin didn't work... Lol.

Yea Rog will be a handful, but overall CJ will be able to schedule a lot more winnable games. And like you alluded to they have a good crop of young talent coming, Hate to see them let someone go when things are on the upswing, But I'm not close enough to it to really know.
Maybe the former girls coach is now ready to get back into coaching since Admin didn't work... Lol.
That won't be happening.

He went into admin? Thought he became the baseball coach.

Most years Im not sure CJ will be able to beat Rog, Branson, or West Plains... There is also HIllcrest to deal with

Reactions: Rshs1991
Any Ideas who some of the Front Runners are for the SWMO Jobs?

Ozark? (I'm assuming a long line of applicants)
Mt. Vernon? (They've ran off a couple good coaches on boys/girls side)
CJ? (A lot of young talent should make it attractive)

Assuming he won't be able to do anything with the CJ district ever again.
I guess this makes it sound as if something morally wrong happened but there is no story reporting it. Thats too bad if it is that. Not looking for details but guessing he wasn't let go because he was a bad administrator.

I guess this makes it sound as if something morally wrong happened but there is no story reporting it. Thats too bad if it is that. Not looking for details but guessing he wasn't let go because he was a bad administrator.
How many people do you see get let go in the middle of the first semester of a school year?

How many people do you see get let go in the middle of the first semester of a school year?
I understand. Usually somebody who is covered like he was in sports wouldn't go unnoticed when he is let go. If it is something with underage kids, then that is usually front page news. Again not defending any actions. Just seems weird that it was so quiet. This board can get a little crazy with assumptions at times.

I understand. Usually somebody who is covered like he was in sports wouldn't go unnoticed when he is let go. If it is something with underage kids, then that is usually front page news. Again not defending any actions. Just seems weird that it was so quiet. This board can get a little crazy with assumptions at times.
Nothing to do with kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT