ADVERTISEMENT

Class 2 Championship: Blair Oaks 32, Lamar 27 FINAL

The commentators acting like NFHS has NFL rules about being downfield before the ball is thrown. That’s blatantly false. He caught the ball AT the LOS, you even get a yard. It’s awful

THAT WILL DO IT. CONGRATULATIONS BLAIR OAKS! Another HUGE Lamar run, too, just sorry it ended like that.

NOW on to the Class 5 championship which may kick later than 7 PM due to the length of this one...................stay tuned.

HOLY MOSES a face mask on game sealing sack! CANNOT MAKE THIS UP.
Felt to me like that face mask should’ve been the 15 yard kind, since you could see the QB’s head turn. That would’ve given Lamar a first down and goal.

It also felt weird that the 5 yard face mask was a spot penalty foul. Grab the face mask six yards in the backfield and then with the penalty it leads to an overall one yard loss for Lamar.

Felt to me like that face mask should’ve been the 15 yard kind, since you could see the QB’s head turn. That would’ve given Lamar a first down and goal.

It also felt weird that the 5 yard face mask was a spot penalty foul. Grab the face mask six yards in the backfield and then with the penalty it leads to an overall one yard loss for Lamar.
I initially thought that was what they called. Hate this for everyone involved.

Truly great battle. Both teams played up to their billing and quite possibly either would’ve been quite the handful if they were in the Class 3 championship game this year. A lot of talent, speed and strength from both squads.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Not only did bo get to recruit the best players in mid mo, they had the refs in their back pocket. Ridiculous
I thought only private schools recruit? Good to hear it happens on the public side as well.

Great game by 2 well coached teams. Congrats to BO on the title. Very entertaining. Sorry to hear people blaming officials. I thought, outside of a couple of spots that went Lamar's way, it was a very well officiated game. No need to take away from a well-played game that was decided by the players.

I'll get back to you when I watch it. Like I said before there were maybe 3 calls they raised a stink about. If Lamar played cleaner, they wouldn't have been behind and it would have been a different game.
You see, I get why you are mocking those who are complaining about calls. I get it. Nobody likes to hear complaints after a good game. But I’ll tell you this. I felt we blew the game last year. Last year we did commit a lot of those mistakes. Those fumbles killed us on our side of the field. I can be reasonable with my team. I don’t have that same feelings about this one. It was just very lopsided.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT