• 4. Eureka
  • 5. St. Pius X
Class 6

• 1. Lee’s Summit North
  • 2. Nixa
  • 3. Liberty North
  • 4. CBC
  • 5. Rockhurst
Warsaw beats Adrian and Higg and isn't top 5 in class 2?
Seems legit. Must need to run up scores on jabronis.

Warsaw beats Adrian and Higg and isn't top 5 in class 2?
Seems legit. Must need to run up scores on jabronis.
To be fair, beating Adrian shouldn't really mean a whole lot cause any top 10 class 2 team should do that. I am surprised that the Higgy win didn't mean more but I think they were ranked 4th or 5th so I think having Warsaw at 7 (which is where it has them) is actually ok until they show they can continue to beat good teams

To be fair, beating Adrian shouldn't really mean a whole lot cause any top 10 class 2 team should do that. I am surprised that the Higgy win didn't mean more but I think they were ranked 4th or 5th so I think having Warsaw at 7 (which is where it has them) is actually ok until they show they can continue to beat good teams
Lawson being so darned bad hurts the computer score, I guess. They have Warsaw at #7.

Reactions: trumanbulldog42
Yeah 3 kids difference in enrollment carries a lot of weight.

Reactions: revno
After they beat Platte County, it will make sense.
200w.gif

Reactions: thetophat2021
Calpreps is more of an aggregate type ratings system. It takes many weeks to hone in and dissolve previous years from it. It doesn't know who returned what or who lost 7 All-Staters. SO...the wins and losses will figure themselves out over time. But early on it is weighing the strength of the program from previous seasons fairly heavily. It will be forgiving for a loss from the highly rated. It will be slow to vault a team forward after a good win. It'll happen. It's going to be ok. It's a HS football ranking. It's ok.

Calpreps is more of an aggregate type ratings system. It takes many weeks to hone in and dissolve previous years from it. It doesn't know who returned what or who lost 7 All-Staters. SO...the wins and losses will figure themselves out over time. But early on it is weighing the strength of the program from previous seasons fairly heavily. It will be forgiving for a loss from the highly rated. It will be slow to vault a team forward after a good win. It'll happen. It's going to be ok. It's a HS football ranking. It's ok.

It gets more accurate as you get into weeks 8+ into the playoffs.

Yeah, on their website they don't actually project matchups until September 15th for that exact reason. From this week on, I will post a lot of calpreps projections for the matchups we vote on and talk about.

Look at their schedule.

They won't play anybody but SV. PHC needed 2 OTs to beat Farmington! and they beat 0-3 owensville by 1 td.
Bowling green maybe ? They lost their superstar (again).
PHC hype is all from last year, they lost too much to be a threat this year

but hey they played class 3 schools so they'll get lots of district points.

Jabronis are jabronis.
Lamar could end up being as good as last season, or close to it if they get healthy.

BG is not as good as last season imo. But have gotten more kids playing one side of the ball instead of both. The depth is deeper for them this season. That TE they have is going D1.

Hard to bet against Valle, if they figure out QB they should be a tough out.

LC is always a staple in class 2. I bet they will be in the mix.

But I’m not overly impressed with anyone else.

Does anyone know anything about Warsaw or Centralia.

Lamar could end up being as good as last season, or close to it if they get healthy.

BG is not as good as last season imo. But have gotten more kids playing one side of the ball instead of both. The depth is deeper for them this season. That TE they have is going D1.

Hard to bet against Valle, if they figure out QB they should be a tough out.

LC is always a staple in class 2. I bet they will be in the mix.

But I’m not overly impressed with anyone else.

Does anyone know anything about Warsaw or Centralia.
Warsaw just beat adrian and LC in back to back weeks.

Reactions: 503_Maple
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT