ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Williams

trumanbulldog42

Sep 26, 2019
Obviously not a MoSports issue necessarily but I have never heard the kind of hype this guy has gotten. You obviously don't have to win a crazy amount of games in college to be a successful pro (Josh Allen), but am I missing something with this guy?

Obviously not a MoSports issue necessarily but I have never heard the kind of hype this guy has gotten. You obviously don't have to win a crazy amount of games in college to be a successful pro (Josh Allen), but am I missing something with this guy?
He seems like the kind of QB you want to play against.

To quote THE MoSports CLOWN @HomeyR , "WGAS!!"

On a less boring and predictable note, I agree with you. Part of it might be self induced hype though. If I recall correctly, didnt he and his father try to creative a narrative about his son getting partial ownership of the NFL team that drafted him? Or him denying NFL teams a chance to conduct medical exams on him? I also really feel like this is the type of player who could become a major headcase if things start going bad and the losses start piling up.

Reactions: shoot90draw
All the folks whose opinion I trust say the film on him backs up the hype. What they're saying reminds me of what I heard about Richardson the Florida QB who went to the Colts, which is basically that those around Williams were so bad that the film and hype might not even accurately reflect his actual potential. Aka, the tape looks worse than it is bc his teammates let him down a lot.

He's a different cat for sure, but I think he is as likely to succeed as any of the big can't miss QBs of recent years. He's as good or better than Bryce Young, Trevor Lawrence, Kyler, Baker maybe slightly below the Burrow level.

giphy.gif

His style of play is very much like Mahomes. He ad libs and creates. The question is can he learn to keep himself under control and not be a turnover machine. Mahomes has learned and adjusted to what the defenses give him. Can Williams do that???

He does have a pretty spectacular group of receivers to throw to.

His style of play is very much like Mahomes. He ad libs and creates. The question is can he learn to keep himself under control and not be a turnover machine. Mahomes has learned and adjusted to what the defenses give him. Can Williams do that???

He does have a pretty spectacular group of receivers to throw to.
as-good-as-it-gets-jack-nicholson.gif

To quote THE MoSports CLOWN @HomeyR , "WGAS!!"

On a less boring and predictable note, I agree with you. Part of it might be self induced hype though. If I recall correctly, didnt he and his father try to creative a narrative about his son getting partial ownership of the NFL team that drafted him? Or him denying NFL teams a chance to conduct medical exams on him? I also really feel like this is the type of player who could become a major headcase if things start going bad and the losses start piling up.
Here's what I think of him.....
R.35c5f91bbe1f10b3a603f43461d9c0b8

• Haha
Reactions: BoosterBosko
From a skill set stand point, Williams has things that make him a can't miss prospect. Arm strength, accuracy, ability to play off schedule. Concerns are feeling phantom pressure that makes him move out of the pocket unnecessarily and holding onto to the ball too long which leads to his off schedule ability being on display. I question his mental toughness, leadership, and accountability. It seems to me those are lacking. He screams Aaron Rodgers 2.0.

If he is anything close to Rodgers the Bears are going to be a force in the next few years with the skill guys they have put in place around the QB. Their defense also made strides last year. The NFC North could be really good division.

Reactions: HomeyR
If he is anything close to Rodgers the Bears are going to be a force in the next few years with the skill guys they have put in place around the QB. Their defense also made strides last year. The NFC North could be really good division.
I should have prefaced that I think that is his ceiling. I doubt he gets there. With his weapons, I think he will look better than he is.

I totally agree with your statement about the NFC North. However I think that the Bears are going to have to prove that they are playoff contenders as will the Vikings who also will be playing a rookie QB.

No doubt. Both those teams still have a lot to prove. The Lions are still the best team in the divsision. I am not sold completely on Love being as good as he showed last year. If he does stay at that level then the Packers will be right there too.

I think Bears take a step forward, but Williams is going to lose them some games by forcing the issue and holding the ball too long.

No doubt. Both those teams still have a lot to prove. The Lions are still the best team in the divsision. I am not sold completely on Love being as good as he showed last year. If he does stay at that level then the Packers will be right there too.
The Pack is definitely heading in the right direction. I was very impressed with them last season when they beat the Chiefs up there in GB. They appear to be very well coached !

From a skill set stand point, Williams has things that make him a can't miss prospect. Arm strength, accuracy, ability to play off schedule. Concerns are feeling phantom pressure that makes him move out of the pocket unnecessarily and holding onto to the ball too long which leads to his off schedule ability being on display. I question his mental toughness, leadership, and accountability. It seems to me those are lacking. He screams Aaron Rodgers 2.0.
Ryan Leaf did too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT